View Full Version : Where to get a futon?

PennyQuilts
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
We just bought a house in OKC and want to get a futon so we'll have someplace to sleep when we are in town (we won't be moving in for a long time - relatives are renting and keeping one bedroom for us to use). Does anyone have any suggestions?

OKCCrime
04-18-2008, 07:02 PM
We just bought a house in OKC and want to get a futon so we'll have someplace to sleep when we are in town (we won't be moving in for a long time - relatives are renting and keeping one bedroom for us to use). Does anyone have any suggestions?

We have a bed in good condition that we are desperately trying to get rid of. We downsized when we moved into our new house and no longer have a guest bedroom. You move it, it is yours. PM me if you are interested.

PennyQuilts
04-20-2008, 04:15 PM
If we were ready to move in, I'd say that might be great but right now, we are just thinking of something we can shove into the office or something after we move back. Thank you, though!

FritterGirl
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
There used to be a little furniture place in Casady Square called "Dimensions in Furniture" that catered to the young, hip crowd. Futons were their specialty. They've not been there for some time.

You might try some of the furniture places around "furniture row" at I4- and Portland.

Sorry I don't have any additional suggestions.

kevinpate
04-20-2008, 04:43 PM
OKCCrime, ever hear of Freecycle groups at yahoo? I suspect you can get that bed gone within 36 hours or less.

mcbee04
04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Walmart sells futons online for around $200, and will deliver to a store with no shipping charge.

PennyQuilts
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks, everyone. Good tips.

OKCMallen
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
OKCCrime, ever hear of Freecycle groups at yahoo? I suspect you can get that bed gone within 36 hours or less.

It's a neat idea, but there's a lot of crap on there, and hal;f the emails are people REQUESTING, not offering.

NikonNurse
05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
There is a store between Bob Mills and mathis Brothers...it sells kids furniture but half the store are futons...and these aren't your crappy looking futons, there are beautiful pieces there..

PennyQuilts
05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
We ended up getting a futon at Browns and they delivered it, that day. It was a life saver. Husband has a pretty clean mouth but after spending a night on a half inflated air mattress, he was flat out cranky and foul mouthed. I was glad to get the futon because I was tired of listening to him curse the air mattress. The lady at Brown's asked him, "So you slept on an air mattress last night?" "Not a wink," he responded.

I'm still hearing about the air mattress. It's been a week.