View Full Version : I-35 & Covell Project - What's happening?

solitude
04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I believe it's called the "Covell Towne Center" at I-35 and Covell Road, the huge regional lifestyle center that Simon Properties has signed on to manage. What's happening with this? That's an area I rarely travel. Anyone have a status update?

jbrown84
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I think I heard Simon is out.

solitude
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I think I heard Simon is out.

Really? That's too bad. I hadn't heard that.

pearlbluevtx
04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I heard Simon out ... heard Dillards was going to be anchor & into the land cheap or no cost. Who knows though ...

I'm around that area all the time ... that development, if it really launches will take a few years to push through. They are into their land at really high $s - in terms of outlay of cash ... and currently, from what I know or have been told, the economy/capital markets in real estate are tough to make some of these things happen especially on that scale. Stars have to align ... and I bet the 15th & I-35 development with Bayer Prop is having financing difficulty unless they have good access to $s and have anchors already on board. Will be interesting to see how it all works out.

lisaawesome
07-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I've been curious about this project for a while. I think we out in NE Edmond really need some closer options. There are tons of new people moving into the area and getting to Quail Springs is quite the undertaking. If I want to cough up the money to go down i-35 and then use the Kilpatrick (yeah it's a dollar but I'm cheap) I'm still looking at a half hour drive just to get over there. I've been searching for more recent info on this project but anything official is from 06 and 07. I hope this plan hasn't been scrapped.