View Full Version : What's happening in Yukon??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jon27
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok, I'm a Yukon resident obviously. My previous thread was "New Building in West End Pointe" It's dead....this topic in the forum is dead. I want to revive it. Let's talk about what's going on in Yukon! I read a thread from Clock4869 who said the same thing. I agree, we need to revive this!

1. We have the West End Pointe shops going in. Target, Penney's, and whatever else. Anyone have any insight?

2. We have a new building on Vandement next to the Vet that still has not been named.

3. I've heard rumors of a new High School.

4. When will 10th St. be finished?

5. Whatever else!!!

sgt. pepper
04-18-2008, 10:30 AM
You live in Yukon and only heard rumors of a new high school? i thought you guys voted on a bond issue on that, and that it passed, a new high school will be built. Is this not correct?

blckthree
04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
The new building on Vandement next to the Vet will be the new office for Dr. Posey's Vet. clinic.

Jon27
04-18-2008, 09:13 PM
You live in Yukon and only heard rumors of a new high school? i thought you guys voted on a bond issue on that, and that it passed, a new high school will be built. Is this not correct?

You're right. I probably should know about that. I guess I didn't know about the bond issue. I'm too busy on OKCTalk.com.

dalelakin
04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
I don't care if it is in Yukon Mustang or anywhere on the far west side but PLEASE give us a new grocery store. It amazes me that as many housing developments as there are in this area there hasn't been a new one go in yet...

Not in Yukon but there is the an IHOP and new Hotel going in on Mustang RD. Also anyone know what is going in on the SE corner of Morgan and 15th? There is a sign that shows "Financing provided by blah blah."

Jon27
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't care if it is in Yukon Mustang or anywhere on the far west side but PLEASE give us a new grocery store. It amazes me that as many housing developments as there are in this area there hasn't been a new one go in yet...

Not in Yukon but there is the an IHOP and new Hotel going in on Mustang RD. Also anyone know what is going in on the SE corner of Morgan and 15th? There is a sign that shows "Financing provided by blah blah."

I'm hoping that Target will have a grocery store, but that's looking to be slim. We need a Crest! Buy for Less is a joke. Homeland is way too expensive, and so is Williams. Hey, we can talk about things in between Mustang/Yukon, and things in Mustang here too. Why not? I see Mustang is getting a Lowes. Will it be bigger than the one in Yukon?

dalelakin
04-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Target will be useless in Yukon w/o grocery IMO. I would like to have either a Crest or Neighborhood Market (or whatever Walmarts grocery only is called).

Lowes looks to be about the same size as the one in Yukon to me but maybe it convince a grocer to go in next to it...

sgt. pepper
04-21-2008, 07:21 AM
When i move to Mustang about 12 years ago, there was a homeland and a Larrys IGA. I personally like the IGA, much more friendlier and cheaper prices, just a better store IMO. Never liked Honeland, any Homeland. Then a Super Wal-mart came to town, IGA closed, Larry Anderson went to Homeland, and we still have only two choices. Again, just don't cars much about buying food at Wal-mart. Not that there is nothing wrong with that of course, but i just don't care for it. YES, we need another grocery store besides wal-mart and Homeland.

Morgan and 15th, is that where 7-11 and Shell is? I will have to check into that.

SuperChris, I'm not 100% sure about the bond vote, i know there is talk of a new high school. you will have to call your school board/city council and let us know.

There is a developer in Mustang that was going to build some indoor batting cages along l-40 where those hotels are, but after the failed ballpark vote in Mustang, that might be on hold. i might have to call her office to find out what her plans are now.

Lowes now owns the plats around there Mustang store, so we might start seeing some restaurants popping up...Chilies?

dalelakin
04-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Morgan and 15th, is that where 7-11 and Shell is? I will have to check into that.

Yes opposite side of the street there is a "Financing provided by blah blah" sign.

The bond issue in Mustang was a travesty and the Mayor should be thrown out on his keister. Using the emergency phone tree to conjure support against the vote is pathetic and should be dealt with...

sgt. pepper
04-22-2008, 07:43 AM
The bond issue in Mustang was a travesty and the Mayor should be thrown out on his keister. Using the emergency phone tree to conjure support against the vote is pathetic and should be dealt with...
i voted for the ballpark myself. A lot of folks in Mustang is supporting the mayor over that call..."the peoples mayor". i think he put his personal feelings in front of whats best for the city, he was always against the ballfields. He now has a plan for the community to get together and build the ballpark??? He has a red bard for a concession stand. Mustand has a top notch softball complex we are pround of, and the mayor wants us to have a cheesy, half built, secound hand looking baseball complex next to it in the same park. BUT WE ARE GETTING A TACO MAYO!

Jon27
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Anyone know what stores will be going in the new strip next to the theatre? There's one next to Wal-Mart also. They have remodeled the Chisolm West shopping center. I'm wondering if they will lease that out as office space.

jarrington00
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
I just read in the Mustang Times that an Applebee's is going in by the Lowes. There wasn't a time frame mentioned.

I also noticed an ad saying Sonic is moving to a new building on 152, anyone know where on 152?

sgt. pepper
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I also noticed an ad saying Sonic is moving to a new building on 152, anyone know where on 152?
I suspected Sonic was moving, all the Sonics were being refurbished except Mustangs. Probably move next to Lowes :)

fire121
04-27-2008, 10:14 AM
This does not relate to any of you guys post but just an observation. I just moved out to the area and do business in Mustang and Yukon. Most of the buildings in Mustang even the newer ones look really cheap and ugly. There standards must be fairly low for material and design. Just going down 152 through mustang the new shopping center with Carousel Pizza, the strip with three businesses Owens Carpet, ?? Insulation, can't remember the third but the place is an eyesore. Overgrown with weeds, etc. I know it's not Edmond but if you want to grow and increase your tax base they may want to consider enforcing property maintenance and start increasing the standards for new construction. The Cobb dentist bldg is really nice and the new bank going in on Mustang Rd looks good also. Does anyone else notice all the eyesores around Mustang??

sgt. pepper
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
The drainage ditch along Mustang Rd. on the west side. They need to get rid of it or do something to make it look nice, like a very small river walk. It is after all, along the east side of the park.

Shopping center behind Arby's.

There are a few shops west of Mustand Rd, along 152 on the south side that could use some work.

Carousel Pizza's not that bad (the building anyway).

That is just a few things. Mustang has a beautifcation group, i don't think it has anything to do with the City of Mustang, who is responsible for the flower gardens at the corner of Musang Rd. and 152. They have a lack of funds and they have too much work to do.

sgt. pepper
05-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I made a few calls:

Also anyone know what is going in on the SE corner of Morgan and 15th? There is a sign that shows "Financing provided by blah blah."
The finace officer told me Housing

There is a developer in Mustang that was going to build some indoor batting cages along l-40 where those hotels are, but after the failed ballpark vote in Mustang, that might be on hold. i might have to call her office to find out what her plans are now.
The developer told me this project in in fuul swing. It will have indoor batting cages, fitness center and a gymnasium. Should be open this fall.

Across the street, next to O'Reileys Auto Parts

fire121
05-06-2008, 04:57 AM
The girl that owns/operates Tiny Tumblers on 152 next to the old fire station is supposed to be expanding and changing the name to "Matrix Gymnastics". The new location was also supposed to be in the area of the hotels at I-40 and Mustang Rd. This might be the same project. I have heard her business is booming and she has outgrown the former "Mustang Tractor Bldg".

OKCREALESTATEGUY
05-28-2008, 02:54 AM
The new high school is being build on Mustang road and Hwy 4 near there.

sgt. pepper
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
yes, i was just fixing to post a sign i saw on Mustang Rd. "New Yukon High School" just south of the railroad tracks on the west side. Yukon is going to have to widen Mustang Rd. between Yukon and I-40.

Jon27
05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm glad to see Yukon is getting a new High School. I saw the sign a couple weeks ago, and have been out of town. I see there's been a lot of talk going on with Yukon/Mustang on here! Is anyone else surprised like me? All of these storms this summer. Not once have I heard the Xerox plant mentioned ONCE! That is usually the first place storms form. I guess Xerox isn't putting off the same gases anymore.

sgt. pepper
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
does al gore know about the xerox gases? xerox gases.....storms starting......sounds fishy to me.

Jon27
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
does al gore know about the xerox gases? xerox gases.....storms starting......sounds fishy to me.

The copiers are just a front for their weather control device.

Jon27
05-31-2008, 09:05 PM
They covered up the JC Penney's sign! Is this bad?

sgt. pepper
06-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes i drove by the other day and saw the black coverings.....that can not be good for JC Penny fans. If penny's jumps ship, i'm sure somebody will be glad to take thier place.........but who will it be????

Jon27
06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes i drove by the other day and saw the black coverings.....that can not be good for JC Penny fans. If penny's jumps ship, i'm sure somebody will be glad to take thier place.........but who will it be????

Does anyone have any connections to find out? Everyone I've talked to doesn't know. I read another thread that said Petsmart may be coming. That's another store I spend wayyy too much money in.

fire121
06-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Petsmart sign went up Tuesday. North of Carino's.

sgt. pepper
06-13-2008, 07:48 AM
SuperChris should be happy...and his/hers pet.

Jon27
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
SuperChris should be happy...and his/hers pet.

His pets will be happy! Has anyone found out about Penney's?

Has anyone tried Chequers off Mustang Rd and I-40 (the old Denney's) We ate there last night. It was alright. The fries tasted like they were baked instead of fried. The burger was great! I'm not sure if their coke machine was down, but I think they poured our drinks out of cans. We got some coupons in the mail for them. Dinner ended up being $12 for the 2 of us with the coupon. Prices aren't bad.

fire121
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM
That just seems like a risky location. I hope it makes it. Is it mainly a burger joint? I like mexican and italian too much. Used to frequent Las Fajitas often until they started charging $4.25 or $4.50 for a Tecate. Alfredos is ok but no beer. There is a little hole in the wall mexican joint downtown that I have heard is good but I have yet to try it out. Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?

Jon27
06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
That just seems like a risky location. I hope it makes it. Is it mainly a burger joint? I like mexican and italian too much. Used to frequent Las Fajitas often until they started charging $4.25 or $4.50 for a Tecate. Alfredos is ok but no beer. There is a little hole in the wall mexican joint downtown that I have heard is good but I have yet to try it out. Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?

No, it actually has a little bit of everything. I just wasn't too impressed with it. It would be a good place for drinks though. They had decent prices on the bar menu. I'm not a fan of Alfredo's. I don't care for their beef. I do like the free chips and queso, and desert. It's probably just personal taste, because most people I talk to love it. I'm with you on Mexican/Italian!! I haven't tried Louigi's. I'm interested to hear about it.

jeffkchuckk
06-14-2008, 08:52 PM
A friend who is a manager for Penney's says they have put a halt on new construction due to the lack luster economy.

sgt. pepper
06-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?
If this is the place in the old DQ on 152, yes, IMO it is good. i have always wanted to try that hole in thw wall mex place downtown but my wife always balks at it. if i was smart, i would have insisted on going there for fathers day...but didn't think of it. i heard there is new cajun place in yukon..the big and easy...or something like that, if you like cajun. they say thier specailty ic catfish.

A friend who is a manager for Penney's says they have put a halt on new construction due to the lack luster economy.
shucks, i imagine Kholes is happy about that.

Jon27
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Sucks for Yukon, but hopefully it will still end up coming. I disagree with Penney's decision. The economy is cyclical, and will prosper again. Since the economy is being driven by fuel at this point, stores should focus on building in more areas. They would get a lot of business out here as we wouldn't have to drive to Quail or Penn.

This only has a little bit to do with Yukon/Mustang, but does anyone know how much Blockbuster charges to rent Blu-Ray discs?

I haven't driven over there in a while, does anyone know what is going in the strip they built next to the theatre? There's a new strip next to GameStop/Dollar Tree, does anyone know what will go in there? The remodel of the north side of the Chisolm West shopping center looks nice!!

Jesseda
06-17-2008, 08:57 AM
I am so glad Yukon is growing ad getting the retail selection that it needs, I think JcPennys is making a mistake holding off on building, there i no mall on the west side of the city and with gas prices the way they are people would rather stay closer to there location as possible, the yukon, mustang and far west okc can support a jcpennys, there is no other jc pennies around ...build it already and build a small add on to jcpennies to put clints cajun in there ( I just had to say it :) )

nancy
06-23-2008, 01:23 AM

Morgan and 15th will be a new police station. Not sure if it will be on the NE or SE corner.

nancy
06-23-2008, 01:33 AM
I am so glad Yukon is growing ad getting the retail selection that it needs, I think JcPennys is making a mistake holding off on building, there i no mall on the west side of the city and with gas prices the way they are people would rather stay closer to there location as possible, the yukon, mustang and far west okc can support a jcpennys, there is no other jc pennies around ...build it already and build a small add on to jcpennies to put clints cajun in there ( I just had to say it :) )

Clint is doing cajun catering now. Has a real catchy name. Only place to eat cajun in Yukon is The Big Easy on 66 and Ranchwood on the north side of street.

wallyboy75
06-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I have ate at the big easy, and the food was very good.

nancy
06-24-2008, 05:57 AM
I have ate at the big easy, and the food was very good.

We've had their steak, fried catfish, blackened catfish, blackened shrimp and seafood pasta and all of it was very good. They have an excellent bread pudding! That is a must try.

Jon27
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm more of a Taco Bell kinda guy. We need a new one!! Ok, we have a new Pizza Hut, KFC, and Long Johns/A&W. Taco Bell needs to be next!

Jon27
06-29-2008, 11:02 AM
We drove through last night just to see what's going on. It looks like there's a Tires Plus going in. There are still no signs up in the strip next to the movies. There is something being built onto the side of Target. There is also a long concrete slab out to the side. I wonder if this shopping center will look a lot like Rockwell Plaza. The Target there has shops connected to it with Petsmart at the end. 10th St west of Garth Brooks has been widened from the stop light to a little past the Target entrance. It looks like they are widening Garth Brooks. Hopefully they are planning on putting the much needed left hand turn lanes going into West End Pointe Dr.!!!

nancy
06-29-2008, 04:11 PM
It looks like they are widening Garth Brooks. Hopefully they are planning on putting the much needed left hand turn lanes going into West End Pointe Dr.!!!

I sure hope that is what they are going to do.

duckman
06-30-2008, 11:37 AM

I asked a manager and customer service employee what they thought about Target and Penny's coming in and they said it was exciting because it will bring in more customers to the area. She also said they may take some business initially, but more people in town = more customers.
I guess they didn't feel threatened at all, but I'm curious what they think now.

Jesseda
07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
my wife and I will be trying that big easy once we get free time together, can anyone tell me, is the big easy kid friendly, I havea two year old and 3 1/2 year old.

Jon27
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
my wife and I will be trying that big easy once we get free time together, can anyone tell me, is the big easy kid friendly, I havea two year old and 3 1/2 year old.

What's the big easy?

sgt. pepper
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
it's a canjun cafe at ranchwood and main in yukon. get it, the big easy....new orleans?

Jon27
07-01-2008, 08:14 PM
it's a canjun cafe at ranchwood and main in yukon. get it, the big easy....new orleans?

Sorry! I knew that, it just didn't click when I read that.

nancy
07-03-2008, 06:12 AM

It's very kid friendly. A friend went there Tuesday to eat and said there was a sign saying they were closed for vacation until July 8.

nicole_419
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Mexican food place recommendation in Mustang - Fuente Grande. The food itself is pretty average, but they have the BEST margaritas! I'm also bummed that Clint's is closed, but I will definitely try The Big Easy! Thanks for the tip!

sgt. pepper
07-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Fuente Grande.
food is pretty good, but i do not drink alcohol. los valcaros (sp?) has the best food, but i never eat there since they think Americans do not appreciate the immigrant worker, and that they support illegal immigration. i like Alfredo's and las fajita's in yukon. has anybody tried the mexican place in dowtown yukon?

duckman
07-09-2008, 08:44 AM
food is pretty good, but i do not drink alcohol. los valcaros (sp?) has the best food, but i never eat there since they think Americans do not appreciate the immigrant worker, and that they support illegal immigration. i like Alfredo's and las fajita's in yukon. has anybody tried the mexican place in dowtown yukon?

Juanes? by the bowling alley? That place is disgusting. I don't like mexican food, but I am usually able to eat a quesadilla or enchilada. Their queso came straight of the can with extra added water and I must say that I enjoyed the restaurant better when it was "Golden Corral"

sgt. pepper
07-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Juanes? by the bowling alley? That place is disgusting. I don't like mexican food, but I am usually able to eat a quesadilla or enchilada. Their queso came straight of the can with extra added water and I must say that I enjoyed the restaurant better when it was "Golden Corral"
i agree, but golden corral was even bad. no, i was talking about a small joint right in downtown. it is on the south side of the street. i am going to have to try it by myself because my wife will have nothing to do with it. We once was on our way to witchita and we thought we would try that hole in the wall mexican place in guthrie called el rodeo (i think), both of us were sick all the way to kansas, so that was the end of my wifes adventuress hole in the walls.

sammiam832
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I just read in the Mustang Times that an Applebee's is going in by the Lowes. There wasn't a time frame mentioned.

I was at sonic and asked the car hop, their apparently moving right across the street next to O'Reilly's. You can kinda see where they have the space layed out. The carhop said they should be in there in the next month or so.

sammiam832
07-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Clint is doing cajun catering now. Has a real catchy name. Only place to eat cajun in Yukon is The Big Easy on 66 and Ranchwood on the north side of street.

Is his food pretty good? It's hard to find good cajun food outside of LA or TX or MS.

sgt. pepper
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
was at sonic and asked the car hop, their apparently moving right across the street next to O'Reilly's. You can kinda see where they have the space layed out. The carhop said they should be in there in the next month or so.
it's going to have a drive thru. i don't know about you, but the new location looks like it's about half the size of the old one. if fact, it looks big enough for only a drive thru.

sammiam832
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
it's going to have a drive thru. i don't know about you, but the new location looks like it's about half the size of the old one. if fact, it looks big enough for only a drive thru.

That's what I thought and that's one thing about the Mustang Sonic...it's always busy. I was kind of thinking it's too small as it is...

sammiam832
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
For those of you looking for good Tex-Mex (aka "Mexican") food...try Alfredo's (in front of Kohl's). The family is actually from W'ford, but have branched out to Yukon and Norman. That is one of my all time favorite places to eat. The service in Yukon leaves a lot to be desired, but the food is fantastic.

nancy
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Is his food pretty good? It's hard to find good cajun food outside of LA or TX or MS.

The food there is real cajun food. Not knock off cajun as I call some places. The food is the best cajun I've had...should say we. They (the owners) told us there was a place in Ft. Smith called R. Landry's Cajun Cafe. Her sister owns that place. R. Landry's has been opened for 8 years I think she said. They decided to expand and bring their food here. They have the BEST bread pudding! Love their swamp dressing in the salad. Making myself hungry...LOL But really.....it's good food.

nancy
07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I was at sonic and asked the car hop, their apparently moving right across the street next to O'Reilly's. You can kinda see where they have the space layed out. The carhop said they should be in there in the next month or so.

I heard they were moving a few months back. Was told a few weeks ago they weren't moving. Who knows......Be nice if they would expand some.

nancy
07-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Was hoping Sonic would be expanding as the one they have now is too small.

sgt. pepper
07-09-2008, 04:21 PM
i'm thikin the new sonic that is being built now will be a drive thru only. when it opens they will tear down the old sonic and build a bigger car hop sonic. but i don't think that's going to happen.