View Full Version : Seattle Times Closes Forum

Kerry
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
To my fellow Seattle Times posters. They have shut down their Sonics forum. I think I posted there 2 times over the last 2 days. Those people went crazy! Everything from death threats to even worse. According to the note from the forum moderator the Seattle people started reporting any thread that was pro-Bennett so they just said screw it and shut it down like the ghost storage facility on Ghost Busters.

VENKMAN
(to Policemen)
At ease, Officers. I'm Peter Venkman. I
think there's been some kind of
misunderstanding here and I want to cooperate
in every way I can.

PECK
(turns on him immediately)
Forget it, Venkman. You had your chance to
cooperate but you thought it was more fun to
insult me. Now it's my turn, smart-ass.

SPENGLER
(excited)
He wants to shut down the storage grid.

VENKMAN
If you turn that thing off we won't be
responsible for the consequences.

PECK
On the contrary! You will be held
completely responsible.
(to the Con-Ed Man)
Turn it off.

FritterGirl
04-16-2008, 08:04 PM
They've posted a notice saying they are going to re-open it tomorrow morning. They are calling for civility.

Kerry
04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't think I am going back for a while. People on there talking about killing each other and using very vivid language to describe it. No thanks. Two things I learned about people from Seattle. 1 - they love lawsuits, 2 - almost everyone of them has some serious sexual tendencies. It seemed to be their favorite subject.

FritterGirl
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't think I am going back for a while. People on there talking about killing each other and using very vivid language to describe it. No thanks. Two things I learned about people from Seattle. 1 - they love lawsuits, 2 - almost everyone of them has some serious sexual tendencies. It seemed to be their favorite subject.

Wow! I never dared lurk over there, noting how non-civil the Newsok boards would get from time to time. That was enough incivility for me. Heck, the OU-OSU threads are bad enough.

I understand how emotions run high. Quite frankly, I can't blame some of those fans for being pissed off. Personally, as a ''yes" voter, I feel duped in some way over this whole scenario, although when Bennett, et. al. first bought the team it was pretty obvious they weren't buying it to keep it there.

My guess is this thing is going to get way uglier before it gets better.

Seems like with those boards, though, the Sea-Times should have shut them down sooner than tonight, before the vitriol really got out of hand.

solitude
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
What point does going there serve? Really? I don't get it. Will something be resolved? Does it only upset you and upset them and you're all there for one big flame war? An ugly side of the Internet that, in my opinon anyway, serves no purpose whatsoever.

okcpulse
04-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I quit posting there period. I tried to be civil and play it their way and I still got my head torn off.

Easy180
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I stopped this morning as well...Used to be a lot less flame wars on there until a couple of months ago...Most of the posters that could discuss w/o acting like 12 yr olds left several months back

It was fun while it lasted...Never made my quest for 1,000 posts

:ou2

betts
04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Well, people are upset, and forum posters are probably the most invested, so, although I'm suprised people went that ballistic, I'm not surprised it was heated. In my opinion, it's best if people from Oklahoma stay away from that forum anyway. They're hurting, and they don't want to hear anything from anyone in Oklahoma. I remember how upsetting it was when the people from New Orleans were gloating on the local Hornets forum when they left. It's better to let them talk amongst themselves and work this out.

Who cares what they say/think about Oklahoma anyway? We should be above responding to that kind of juvenile behavior.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, people are upset, and forum posters are probably the most invested, so, although I'm suprised people went that ballistic, I'm not surprised it was heated. In my opinion, it's best if people from Oklahoma stay away from that forum anyway. They're hurting, and they don't want to hear anything from anyone in Oklahoma. I remember how upsetting it was when the people from New Orleans were gloating on the local Hornets forum when they left. It's better to let them talk amongst themselves and work this out.

Who cares what they say/think about Oklahoma anyway? We should be above responding to that kind of juvenile behavior.

This.

OKCDrummer77
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Even though I never held out much hope for the Hornets permanently staying here, I can understand why Seattle's so upset. We've been calling the NBA an "exclusive club" that we are working to get in to. Now let's look at this from Seattle's perspective. Not only is a city that they look down on getting into the "club", they are getting kicked out.

CuatrodeMayo
04-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't feel sorry for them. After all the names they called us, they can bawl all they want.

Blazerfan11
04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Anyone ever been to Anacortes? I own property there, and wouldnt ever think of going to a sonics game while there...too much goin' on...this move just plain makes sense as I'll attend many here.....