View Full Version : Summer Farmer's Markets

EvokeCoffee
04-16-2008, 03:58 PM
So, one of the great things I enjoyed while living in Montana was the two farmers markets that our town had. One group put one on every Tuesday night that had live music, food, produce and other goods. There was also a larger one on Saturday mornings.

The great thing about these markets is that not only do you get to get together with other members of the community, you can purchase great food direct form local produce vendors and get out in the evenings or weekend mornings.

I vaguely remember a market in OKC when I was in high school. Anyone know anything about them?

Yamaguchigirl
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
There are a couple that I would recommend:

OSU-OKC at 900 N. Portland has a market every Saturday morning.
Wednesdays from May to September there will be a Farmers' Market in the heart of Downtown in Couch Park from 9:30am to 1:30pm.

sgt. pepper
04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Call OSU-OKC. They have a farmers market every Wed. and Sat. I think there will be one in downtown again this year. The one OSU-OKC put on is at N. Potland between 10th and Reno, and it is Oklahoma grown only. Ther has been one in Bethany in years past, but do no know much about it. i know that it is not Oklahoma grown only.

John
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Edmond's Farmers Market is worth checking out. Saturday mornings and I want to say Wednesdays, too.

Martin
04-17-2008, 05:21 AM
norman has an established farmer's market and moore started one last year. the one in norman has a pretty good selection while moore's is still gaining momentum. personally, i usually head over to the osu-okc farmer's market on a saturday morning.

-M

metro
04-17-2008, 08:05 AM
There are TONS of local farmers markets. The main ones have been mentioned, OSU OKC has the one on their campus on N. Portland and NW 10th as well as they put the one on downtown. The Edmond one is worthwhile and the Bethany Farmer's Market is put on by the Childrens Center on Saturday mornings. I believe there is an old thread on here discussing local farmers markets, let's see if we can find it....

kmf563
04-17-2008, 08:20 AM
This is the one I go to and it's open daily. They have special events and larger inventory on certain days, so just check the website for upcoming events.

OK City Farmers Public Market ... Home (http://www.okcfarmersmarket.com/)

metro
04-17-2008, 08:25 AM
good one kmf, I forgot to mention the "main" one.

John Hoff
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello fellow Missoulian! (or so I gather from the farmer's market and MT remarks in this thread)

I just moved to OKC from Missoula last October. What brings you out here, and how are you liking it?

John