View Full Version : Cox Communications Prices

bartsimpson
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
What are your typical Cox bill per month? I am moving into my first home and just need internet and a basic cable package; don't need a land-line since I have a cell phone. What should I expect to pay? I would guess this should be around $50 correct?

mmonroe
04-12-2008, 10:13 PM
My last bill was a little over 80 bucks for basic cable and internet. Internet was cheaper until they added the powerboost crap.

HOT ROD
04-13-2008, 01:08 AM
108 bucks for the same thing here in Seattle (Internet is 45.00, Cable is 63.00) plus tax.

FritterGirl
04-13-2008, 08:33 AM
We're kind of in a tough tizzie as far as cable service goes around here. Cox has, essentially, what could be deemed a monopoly in this market. While there are other competitors for television / internet / telephony service providers, none are actually cable providers.

Since Cox built the OKC cableinfrastructure, they have a hold on the cablemarket. As such, no other cablecompanies can come in and compete.

Our bill is kind of scary, but then that's because of the options we have. A "bundled" package, the digital + packet, including pay-per-view options, a dvr, and digital on 2 other tvs. We got rid of HBO and other premium channels, although it didn't really save us that much.

mmonroe
04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
As much as I dislike Mark Cuban, he brought up a good point on his blog about saving bandwidth on the internet if cable companies would stop sending analog signals and making it all digital. ie No more basic cable.

windowphobe
04-13-2008, 04:52 PM
$88 pays for my analog cable (no premium channels) and my second-tier (Preferred rather than Premier) Internet service, plus taxes and whatnot. Bundles are decidedly cheaper, at least at first.

OKCMallen
04-13-2008, 06:08 PM
About $120 for ours with HBO and HD.

LovableGoober
04-15-2008, 06:49 AM
We have pretty much everything Cox has to offer including every premium channel, HD, highest speed internet, telephone, etc. and it costs about $200 per month.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
We have pretty much everything Cox has to offer including every premium channel, HD, highest speed internet, telephone, etc. and it costs about $200 per month.

Same here...Except I don't have Stars or Skinemax, just HBhO and sHotime.

solitude
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I pay 10$ more than I did four months ago. It was then that I almost switched to AT&T U-Verse (or whatever it's called) and they gave me Premier Internet for only ten bucks more a month than I was paying for the 'Preferred' level. My routine speeds went from around 6-7 Mbps (kbps) to anywhere from 11-14 Mbps (kbps)....those being download speeds.

I love Cox!