View Full Version : ND Foods

angel27
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Looked for a past post about wonderful hole-in-the wall restaurants and couldn't find it - but ND Foods is it! I was told the Conoco Sta. on NW 50th & Western made a great sandwich so I ventured today to check it out. Found out it is a little shop behind the Conoco, opened 11am to 7:30 pm.

Very tiny dining - maybe 4 tables. But the food, a little pricy, is massive. They advertise Boar's Head meats. The bread is delicious and everyone in line said everything is wonderful. I tried their egg-salad sandwich and it was probably the best I've ever had. Had some blackberry-peach pie and couldn't finish it all. Homemade with sugar-crumb crust and fruit piled high. Everyone in line seemed quite excited to be there and most had called their order in ahead -840-9364.
I want to go back and try everything. They are moving to a new location on Britton Rd. this summer so I will enjoy them for lunch as long as they are nearby.

A funny aside - I felt like an old Seinfeld episode come to life. I didn't see any of the "don't use your cell phone in restaurant" signs as I was concentrating on choosing from their menu. My cell rang and others said "don't answer it." Of course I answered it thinking - ! Got by with that conversation as I was far back in line. Then as I was up for placing my order someone called again. I answered and the guy came from the back and instructed me to not use it inside. Well, being excited by the prospect of a truly good sandwich I promptly shut it down. The guy behind me said sometimes when people are on their cells they refuse to come from in back. I was afraid any minute he would come out and order me not to come back. It was funny to me anyway, especially that I obeyed so promptly.

Well, thats my review of ND Foods and I recommend you try it but watch your cell!

citizenkane
04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I always order either the Cuban Sandwich or Rockport Sandwich.

Jeopardude
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
That is hilarious about the cell phones! I admire it.

angel27
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
yes, actually I do too. Today I went back for my phoned-ahead order and I only took in my 20. The guy there knows most people by name. I imagine the new restaurant they are opening on Britton Rd. will be much larger and nicer.

sooners83
04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes the sandwich's are good, maybe great. However, $10 for a sandwich and chips is kind of high. I will still go back (I have been several times), but each time it seems like they go up $1 or so.

Turanacus
05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
the prices do be going up @ ND's quite a bit, the menu i have at my desk has the tuna sandwich listed at $4.75 - I think it's bumping $8 these days.

Stinger
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I went to their new location for some take-home soup last week (near the Johnnies on Britton). First time I'd been to either location and I was very impressed by the quality of the food. I had desert waiting at home, so I didn't take any home although it was hard to pass up. I'll definitely have to go back for the desert next time!

tburn
02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
is the new location set up for dining inside or mostly just carry-out?

is it in the same strip as Johnnie's?
place that was formally a mexican restaurant?

Liadano
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
It's good for dine-in or carry-out. It's two doors west of the Mexican Restaurant - it's still there.

Barry Luxton
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Hey, are these guys still cell phone Nazis? I ask because I've got a lunch appointment there tomorrow. I'm a very busy man and I'm on my cell phone A LOT, so I need to know what I should do with it tomorrow before I go in

Also, what's good to eat here?

Steve
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Turn off the cell phone and enjoy the food. As for what's good there .... everything.

Rover
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Great food. Great owners. Great bargain IMHO.

bucktalk
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Rather small dining area and usually very crowded. I'd forego any cell conversation!! As far as food - its all good!! If you have a sweet tooth it is especially good.

MadMonk
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I had lunch there today. Excellent chicken pot pie, German potato salad, and spiced caramel cake for dessert, all washed down with their awesome, addictive spiced tea. I'm stuffed.

It was an expensive lunch at $24, but considering that I brought half of it back home with me for leftovers tonight or tomorrow, it's not too bad.