http://www.iaogallery.org/gallery/events/bta/bta08/merrieatme.jpg

Biting the Apple 2008
Erotica in Wonderland
Friday, April 11 • Opening Party
from 7 until 11pm

Saturday, April 12 • Fetish Ball
from 7 until 11pm

Biting the Apple 2008

Individual Artists of Oklahoma announces the 17th Annual Biting the Apple art exhibition to be hosted at our fabulous gallery space on Historic Automobile Alley. This year's theme is Erotica in Wonderland, and as the name suggests, we wish to provide, through the artworks selected for exhibition, a "journey down the rabbit hole."

Biting the Apple 2008 (http://www.iaogallery.org/benefits/bta/bta08.htm)

Martin
04-11-2008, 08:50 AM
jeez... so what do your lifechurch friends think about this, metro? promoting an event like this kinda seems like a double-standard with what your church preaches. -M

Drake
04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Religous people can't enjoy art? Remember not everybody is a Southern Baptist.

Martin
04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
that's a broad brush, drake yet it missed my point entirely... i was comparing the values preached by one church with the values espoused in this post by one of its vocal members. i'm not arguing whether or not this is art or whether or not people have a right to enjoy it. what concerns me is religious people who practice double-standards... those who claim one standard and live by another.

-M

metro
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
mmm, I see your position, but I never said I endorsed the event nor condemned it either.

If you know me, or read many of my posts. You would know I am a very passionate advocate of our city and improving its' quality of life. I like to think of it as more of an "awareness" rather than promoting or endorsing. Too many people say this and that about our city, "we don't have enough diversity", or "there's nothing to do here", or "OKC would never have something like that". I try to make others aware of events going on in the metro that otherwise, no one would make them known. This event and many others I've posted are usually last minute since no one else took the time or liberty of posting.

MadMonk
04-11-2008, 11:28 AM
LOL @ this quote:

Rainer Maria Rilke said, "Bodily Delight is a sensory experience ... it is a great, infinite learning that is given to us, acknowledge of the world, the fullness and the splendor of all knowledge."
Umm...what? :D