View Full Version : Any PHP, .NET Programmers out here?

ibda12u
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I realize that I don't have that many friends who are in the web programming business. I was just gonna see if there were any programmers on here, who'd be interested in programming just for the fun of it. :)

Lemme know,

Martin
04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
depends... what are we lookin' at here? -M

Karried
04-07-2008, 06:49 PM
ibda12u ... my lifesaver, my hero!!!

sheesh, between you and mmm, you can take over the tech world! You both know your stuff!

ibda12u
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
depends... what are we lookin' at here? -M

Oops, I guess that sounded like it was a programming job, I was thinking more of the line of programming for fun, mainly to improve skill. I could always learn more :)!

ibda12u
04-08-2008, 07:53 AM
ibda12u ... my lifesaver, my hero!!!

sheesh, between you and mmm, you can take over the tech world! You both know your stuff!

LOL, thanks Karried, but I'm sure it'd be short lived at most. These new kids are getting better and better daily!

Martin
04-08-2008, 08:01 AM
gathered that, ibda... just wanted to know what sort of fun you had in mind. -M

Karried
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
ha! For some reason - Fun and programming in the same sentence just doesn't compute (no pun intended).

programming = fun...hmmmmm - not so much for me!

I don't recall a lot of fun in my computer applications class... maybe why I dropped it!

And, that's why I'm usually calling ibda12u in a panic to help with my network!

cricket926
07-17-2008, 01:08 PM
that's why I get paid to do what I do at work - because I don't think it's fun. ;)

Toadrax
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Speak for yourself. I would do my job even if I wasn't paid.

That is the definition of success, in my opinion...

SoonerDave
07-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Speak for yourself. I would do my job even if I wasn't paid.

That is the definition of success, in my opinion...

Here here!! Most fun I've had relation to "professional" endeavors is writing a program to automate bowling scores for a game my kids were playing. Yeah, yeah probably 1,000+ places I could find such a thing, but I enjoyed the mental exercise; besides, I gave it a nice UI with lots of colors - besides, it was nice to write something that didn't involve HTML for a change.

Done a little bit of everything over the last 25+ years, from VAX system admin to Windows programming and web stuff. And, yes, I'm one of these odd people that really does think its fun, and it sure has paid the bills. And if I'm not just point-blank tired at home in the evenings, I'll tinker with a home network...so just give me the geek badge :)