View Full Version : Wow this forum is dead!

vandrewski
04-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Can there really be only one thread with new posts since Christmas? Is the single scene in OKC really that bad? Or maybe it's so good that no one is wasting their time on a singles forum.

I'm a displaced Okie, and I'll be back in town for a couple weeks in June or July. I've been away for a little while. So outside of bars & nightclubs, any suggestions on where to hang out and meet people?

OU Adonis
04-13-2008, 06:11 AM
Can there really be only one thread with new posts since Christmas? Is the single scene in OKC really that bad? Or maybe it's so good that no one is wasting their time on a singles forum.

I'm a displaced Okie, and I'll be back in town for a couple weeks in June or July. I've been away for a little while. So outside of bars & nightclubs, any suggestions on where to hang out and meet people?

The singles scene in oklahoma is bad. Or maybe its just me and I am not smooth. :)

betts
04-13-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm not a single, but one thing comes to mind. The Dead Center film festival is in June. That's a fun no bar thing to do.

Misty
04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I think the people here get married and have babies REALLY young. The men here are conservative, almost shy, and the "marrying kind", I don't know where the wild, crazy, don't want to settle down, just-looking-for-fun dudes hide in Oklahoma. I think they all went to Texas. For example, in Texas once you lock eyes with some dude and there is obviously an attraction, 9 times out of 10 he'd approach you pretty quickly. Here, the dudes will stare at you all day and never actually come introduce themselves, then you see them look disappointed as you leave. I hate that. I like a big dose of aggressive, over the top confidence and almost cocky-ness in my men! At least I have more quality time with my cat here. He appreciates the slower social schedule and having less "uncles" lol.

TomGirl
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
I used to come in here frequently but quit because it was so dead. Leon....I know you are always trying to keep it alive but it's just a lack of common interest that people have. Thanks for trying though :bow:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
It's 'cause I got a girlfriend.

:D

PennyQuilts
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
The men here are conservative, almost shy, and the "marrying kind", I don't know where the wild, crazy, don't want to settle down, just-looking-for-fun dudes hide in Oklahoma. I think they all went to Texas.

Sigh. I wish my daughter lived in Oklahoma...

OU Adonis
04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Sigh. I wish my daughter lived in Oklahoma...

I hear ya East Coast Okie. I don't mind being a nice guy. I guess I am missing out on all those high maintenance girls :D

PennyQuilts
04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I guess I am missing out on all those high maintenance girls :D

I hope you know how lucky you are!!

Dave Cook
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the people here get married and have babies REALLY young. The men here are conservative, almost shy, and the "marrying kind", I don't know where the wild, crazy, don't want to settle down, just-looking-for-fun dudes hide in Oklahoma.

We were just discussing this last weekend.

There is such a lack of single vibe here for people in their thirties, it's almost depressing. Once the friends hook up and start mating, the social networks evaporate. Never experienced this in the cities I called home before moving back here.

"There's lots to do in Oklahoma City....we have bowling alleys, movie theatres, lakes,...blah, blah, blah."

Ever notice it's always the married folks saying that. LOL!

vandrewski
04-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Hmm. I was debating moving back to OKC, maybe in Dec., but you guys aren't making it sound too appealing.

So the common thread here seems to be that people get married young and have kids, leaving those of us who choose a different road left with no one to hang out with. I can understand that. I have zero single friends left in OKC, the last one fell about a year ago. And yes, it does seem to get harder to meet new people once you cross the 30 mark. So there must be plenty of us wierd single and not desperate to get married folk out there. Anybody ever organize get togethers through this forum? Seems like the logical thing to do.

vandrewski
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
BTW betts, thanks for the suggestion. I don't know how I didn't hear about the Dead Center Film Festival before. Looks like fun, but unfortunately I won't be back in time to catch it. I did recommend it to a couple (married) friends, though.

baybay4ev
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't really know where to go in this town to meet people. Seems like everyone goes out to the bars alot, but 80% of the time the people who hit on you in bars usually have significant others at home. They are just trying to get some action for the night. It really sucks for me, my best friend is the opposite sex - so every where we go, people always think we're together. Maybe I need to find a new job - one with hot co-workers :) LOL

Patrick
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM

We need a new singles moderator. Used to have one (Leon and Jay) that planned events and kept this forum going. Might be a good idea to pitch to Pete.

Blazerfan11
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
In OKC, outside of the leftist hippie scene, it is criminal to be single if you are over 28.

OKCMallen
05-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't feel that way. It's all in your own perspective.

Blazerfan11
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
well, I guess if you go to some nutty evangelical megachurch you can find some horny gals LOL...not my cup o' tea though.

OU Adonis
05-12-2008, 11:24 AM
well, I guess if you go to some nutty evangelical megachurch you can find some horny gals LOL...not my cup o' tea though.

I don't mind the latter, don't care for the former... lol

Midtowner
05-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't mind the latter, don't care for the former... lol

You like tea but hate horny girls??? Excellent! The creative class has arrived!! :Smiley026

Blazerfan11
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
good one midtowner...I think I need to work on my wording LOL!!!!

oneforone
05-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Great all we need now as someone to head up a cruising party at the habana. LOL

On the other hand horny church girls are my cup of tea. Most of them are prudes with a wild side just waiting to be tapped. The rest are bad girls hiding under the guise of a good christian girl.

bvilleokie
05-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Where do singles over 40 go? Seems like everything caters to the younger crowd. So what is there to do if you are over 40 and single?

OU Adonis
05-14-2008, 08:03 AM
You like tea but hate horny girls??? Excellent! The creative class has arrived!! :Smiley026

I deserved that. :D

Karried
05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Hope this helps with some new friends or ????

Take a look and see if anything looks interesting:

FunForSingles Oklahoma City Singles Events Adventures and Fun (http://www.okcity.fun4singles.com/)

http://www.okcadventures.com/

Dating in Oklahoma. Free Oklahoma Dating Site. Dating Oklahoma . Dating Singles in Oklahoma. Single Men&Women (http://oklahoma.flirtbox.us/interests/lookingfor/friendship_first_maybe_more.html)

singles groups organizations ministries (http://www.singlesorganizations.com/organizations.html)

Oklahoma - Christian Singles Groups OK (http://www.rjdwebdesign.com/singles/Christian_Singles_GroupsOK.asp)

http://www.skisite.com/clubsDetail.cfm?id=7381

Crosswinds Singles Club Oklahoma City, OK 73112-4399 (405) 842-9248

oklahoma_singles_club : Oklahoma Singles Club (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oklahoma_singles_club/?v=1&t=directory&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=1)

OklahomaSingles : Oklahoma Singles (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OklahomaSingles/?v=1&t=directory&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=3)

Blazerfan11
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Where do singles over 40 go? Seems like everything caters to the younger crowd. So what is there to do if you are over 40 and single?

I wish there was a less fancy makers lounge...that place is too $$$$ for most folks, but a good place to hang out.