View Full Version : WGPO Champs

bombermwc
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Not actually a development item, but something to be proud of for Mid-Del.

The Midwest City High School Winter Drumline won their circuit championships this weekend in Tulsa. I was very proud of all of my students, and we'll get a write up put together soon for The Sun.

You can see some pictures at www.WGPOkla.org (http://www.wgpokla.org) but I don' t think they'll have them ready to post until tomorrow. We'll also have the video of our performance up at the first of next month after it has been edited and delivered to us.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

OKCDrummer77
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Sweet! I can't wait to see the video. Should bring back fond memories of my own drumline days.

Congratulations!

metro
04-07-2008, 11:22 AM
A proud day for bandnerds statewide!

kevinpate
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
For those not in the know, how large is the circuit?

bombermwc
04-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Guard wise, it's pretty good in size - 50 or so in different classes. Percussion is still small right now. We've had percussion groups for a good 10 years, but it's hard to convince groups to start percussion beacuse it's so expensive. We had 6 groups in the marching percussion class this year and hope to increase that number next year.

Don't let that fool you though. We are still judged against a national standard. Our contests often have WGI Certified judges (WGI is the national circuit), so we still have to prove ourselves.

We battled it out with the Tulsa Memorial Winter Drumline all season long. They've been doing this for a number of years and are always improving. We stayed neck and neck all season and it could have gone either way...we just peaked our show at the right time.

I wear my bandnerd cape with pride!

Lauri101
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Woohoo!!

Way to go, bombers! I'll make sure that Sgt. Olivia gets the link, bombermwc!

mmonroe
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
So bomber, you are a drumline coach at MCHS?

bombermwc
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I've been teaching percussion there since 2001. I'm an instructor, not a full director...still have a day job :)

mmonroe
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Nice.