View Full Version : Best lodging in San Antonio?

dalelakin
04-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Possibly taking a trip to San Antonio in early summer any recommendations for a family of 5?

tuck
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Hyatt Hill Country...a bit pricey, but you really never need to leave the resort. It is on I-10, 15 minutes from the riverwalk/Alamo and basically across the street from Sea World. I assume you have kids...they have great pool with a lazy river for the kids to enjoy, golf, spa and hiking trails.

When I travel to San Antonio, I always stay there. Have a great time.

CuatrodeMayo
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
If you want an inexpensive place near the riverwalk, then stay at the Red Roof Inn. Cheap and only 3 or so blocks from the Alamo and Paseo del Rio.

Or, you could stay at the all-suite Hotel Contessa, on the river and enjoy a great location and a rooftop pool with fantastic views.

Wherever you stay, I would HIGHLY recommend a hotel on or near the river.

flintysooner
04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I haven't stayed there in many years but I always loved the La Mansion. It was expensive then though and probably more now.

kmf563
04-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Hill Country Inn and Suites. It is cheap, it's cute - like your own little cabin. It's off I-410 so you are in between Sea World, Six Flags, and the Riverwalk but away from the congested traffic.

Hill Country Inn & Suites (http://www.stayhci.com/)

(I book through expedia and it was $100 cheaper than through their website)

jane10357
12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Hands down, the best is Emily Morgan. Immediately across from the Alamo so it's in walking distance to everything. Very nice to the kids, too.