View Full Version : Devon Exxon rumors

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Hate to be a party pooper. What happens to the Devon Tower and your BB team if Devon is purchased by Exxon or some other Big Oil co.? The consolidation in this industry is only beginning. The majors are looking for reserves with domestic companies and love OKC or not, money rules. I would keep this on the radar screen.

Kerry
04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Dustbowl - You are out of your mind if you think there is any way the Feds are going to let any more energy companies at the top of the food chain merge.

okclee
04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
What happens if fire rains down from the sky?? What happens if and earthquake wipes out the state of Oklahoma?? What happens if you take the blue pill or the red pill??? What happens if.......???

See I can play this game too.

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Dustbowl - You are out of your mind if you think there is any way the Feds are going to let any more energy companies at the top of the food chain merge.

Tell that to Wall Street.

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
What happens if fire rains down from the sky?? What happens if and earthquake wipes out the state of Oklahoma?? What happens if you take the blue pill or the red pill??? What happens if.......???

See I can play this game too.

Put your smiley face on and keep believing in fairy tales. Do some research before showing your a%^. There are bigger issues than the state of affairs for downtown OKC, my friend. Like I said, do your own research and talk to me.
People with your attitude make my job much easier. You probably thought the following could never happen: GM will never close its OKC plant, Dayton tire can never close, Kerr-McGee would never leave OKC, Dell can't close its desktop plant in Austin (warning for your lovely Dell call center on the river) and eliminate another 9,000 jobs this year, Enron was one of the largest companies in the world and will never just shut down, The banks won't loan money to people who can't pay back their mortgage, the fed Reserve won't print money causing our dollar to drop to historic lows, Don't we have a strong dollar policy Mr. Paulson?

I'm just saying that people in the industry and those that back them (Wall Street Bankers) know more than you do about this issue and believe me, whats best for OKC is NOT a factor in their decisions. Dream on.

Drake
04-02-2008, 10:20 PM
So bascially you have nothing constructive to add.

"people with your attitude make my job easier" What does that mean? What exactly is your job? Or at least what you view as your job??

Comments like "your lovely Dell call center" speak volumes. What do you mean by "your". I assume you want Dell to close and want Devon to get bought out. Is that what bring joy to you?

Hey, what if Devon buys Exxon and moves the whole thing to OKC? That would suck for you.

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
So bascially you have nothing constructive to add.

"people with your attitude make my job easier" What does that mean? What exactly is your job? Or at least what you view as your job??

Comments like "your lovely Dell call center" speak volumes. What do you mean by "your". I assume you want Dell to close and want Devon to get bought out. Is that what bring joy to you?

Hey, what if Devon buys Exxon and moves the whole thing to OKC? That would suck for you.

I buy and sell stocks. I short stocks that suck like Dell and I buy takeover targets like Devon. I do my research and put my money where my mouth is. What do you do? Taking money from idiots gives me joy.

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey, what if Devon buys Exxon and moves the whole thing to OKC? That would suck for you.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet. How much? You don't know what you are talking about. Another cheerleader, I love it!!!

OU Adonis
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Are you drunk Dustbowl or just a jerk?

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Are you drunk Dustbowl or just a jerk?

Are you stupid or just uneducated? Stop being a bunch of sheeple, cheerleaders and learn something before you spout your ignorance. Nevermind, keep flipping burgers and talking like you are an OKC player. Pretty funny stuff.
Anybody want to take Drake's bet? I'll take all comers on that one. Put up or shut up.

Dustbowl
04-02-2008, 11:42 PM
OK, here is the deal. I'm willing to show one person on this board how to make a million bucks within the next year with an investment of less than 1k. You have to do what I say, when I say it. You keep the money, but you have to tell everyone on this board what happened. Maybe then some of you wannabe's will understand what I'm talking about.
As you spew your comments, I have been trading the globex S&P futures market this evening and making serious money. I guarantee, you guys don't know what you are talking about. Stop running with the herd and learn how to be a real capitalist.

Any takers on Drake's bet? C'mon step up.

Oh, I forgot a good one. I bet you thought those good old OKC boys that bought Six Flags would never sell out and move their HQ to NYC. They love OKC. HA HA!!!!! Shorted that piece of crap a long time ago. Now they are looking at getting de-listed from the NYSE and will be traded on the "pinks". That means junk stocks that are not even worthy of taking up space on the exchange.

And you probably believed that there was going to be a huge MG motors plant in Ardmore Oklahoma also. Hey you read it in the Oklahoman didn't ya? I'm trying to point out that many on here do NO research to develop their opinions and seem to just say me too when Mick The Mayor Or Kirk the Jerk say something positive about OKC. I think you have been sold a bill of goods and the whole BB issue is only part of it. Think for yourself, the resources are free.

Update, I just made another $1500 while posting in the last 15 minutes. Want to take me on, better bring an Army.

mmonroe
04-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Wow... simply, wow. I want to make a million.

Drake
04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
LOL.

Of course I don't really think Devon is buying Exxon. It was a little sarcasm.

I think Adonis may have it, sounds a little drunk.

My main question was what is your problem with OKC? You apparently wish nothing but ill will towards the city, the people and the businesses that are here.

I know if I was I knocking down $1500 every 15 minutes, I probably wouldn't so angry at Mick the Mayor or Kirk the Jerk. Or a bunch internet posters living out in lala land. Why would I care? I think I would probably find something more postive out of life, but thats me.

BTW, anything you have to say - just post it. Private messages aren't necessary. He did call me "stud." I like that.

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Wow... simply, wow. I want to make a million.

If you are serious, send me a PM and I will take you through it. OR you can just watch me do it and wish you had. I'm very serious and its not a joke.

Make that 3k now. The best trading comes at 3:00 pm.

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
LOL.

My main question was what is your problem with OKC? You apparently wish nothing but ill will towards the city, the people and the businesses that are here.

I know if I was I knocking down $1500 every 15 minutes, I probably wouldn't so angry at Mick the Mayor or Kirk the Jerk. Or a bunch internet posters living out in lala land. Why would I care? I think I would probably find something more postive out of life, but thats me.

BTW, anything you have to say - just post it. Private messages aren't necessary. He did call me "stud." I like that.

Also, I will be at Iron Starr tomorrow at 12:00 for lunch. If you are serious, come see me. Ask for dustbowl.

I guarantee, I'm not drunk. I beat that years ago. Take me up on my offer. I will show you how to make a million in one year. I'm not as crazy as you think.

OKCisOK4me
04-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Do you log on to other city forums with other derogatory names assuming any one of us wants to read anything you are typing. If you're that Texas boy from Wall Street Warriors then return to your New York glory hole. We don't need to read your pessimistic bs.

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
LOL.

Do you log on to other city forums with other derogatory names assuming any one of us wants to read anything you are typing. If you're that Texas boy from Wall Street Warriors then return to your New York glory hole. We don't need to read your pessimistic bs.

Move on, son. you are out of your league. I will be at Iron Starr tomorrow at 12:00. Come learn something. I promise i won't fight you, it wouldn't be fair.

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm getting an interest from some people on my offer. I will be at Iron Starr at 12:00pm for anyone interested. Ask for Dustbowl.

Another 1k booked in profit. Great moves for trading tonight.

See you tomorrow at noon. Clear your pre-conceived notions and learn how to make money know matter what happens. I want to do this as an experiment in human belief systems and nature. It will be fun.

OKCisOK4me
04-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Move on, son. you are out of your league. I will be at Iron Starr tomorrow at 12:00. Come learn something. I promise i won't fight you, it wouldn't be fair.

S O N ?

Right on dawg...you must be proud of yourself...big enough to throw out threats over the internet...that's a passive agressive urge to bring it on yourself. I wouldn't waste my time with you. I've got something to do called work. Besides I've never even heard of iron starrrrr.

6' 5", 240lbs., but don't worry, I won't show.

Good night father!

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 01:18 AM
S O N ?

Right on dawg...you must be proud of yourself...big enough to throw out threats over the internet...that's a passive agressive urge to bring it on yourself. I wouldn't waste my time with you. I've got something to do called work. Besides I've never even heard of iron starrrrr.

6' 5", 240lbs., but don't worry, I won't show.

Good night father!

I like em big. Slower and cocky. It wouldn't be fair. But you know where I will be. Open your mind and learn something.

It's time to stop talking and learn something. You won't get this chance again.

OKCisOK4me
04-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Lol...that just makes me laugh. I'm not a fighter any way. I am very open minded. Do not worry about that. But I have my job and I have to take care of business first. If you were such a public figure teacher, why not have your so called class during the weekend when more people can be made available to you? I'd love to stay up and chat this up all night but I've got to get some shut eye. Be good and don't hurt any more of us small minded folks on here.

Dustbowl
04-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Lol...that just makes me laugh. I'm not a fighter any way. I am very open minded. Do not worry about that. But I have my job and I have to take care of business first. If you were such a public figure teacher, why not have your so called class during the weekend when more people can be made available to you? I'd love to stay up and chat this up all night but I've got to get some shut eye. Be good and don't hurt any more of us small minded folks on here.

That can happen. I'm meeting somone else next week. touch base this weekend.

BTW, another 2k. This is so easy.

thoth
04-03-2008, 02:17 AM
So, what was the point of this thread Dustbowl. To tell use of a possibility that we know exists or for you to tell use that you can make money. Don't you think we know that Devon could be taken in by Exxon. We are not fools. You have made your point, now lets move on.

dcsooner
04-03-2008, 02:37 AM
DustBowl, you are obviously a pompous asshol@, but that is beside the point. Most people on this forum choose to promote OKC's positives rather than it's shortcomings. Your scenario is possible for any business in any City with or without th NBA or tall buildings. Businesses are born, grow, and die, that is and has been the cycle of business from the beginning. Consolidations and downsizing will occur as technology advances, or demand slows or gas prices rise or they become inefficient. Your comments were not intended to engage in an intelligent discussion of the economic realities of mergers etc., but an attempt to discourage those of us "truly" happy about the great progress being made in our
City and looking for ways to keep the momentum going, not dim the enthusiasm. Every movement, or bold move taken by a fledgling business is met with naysayers like you, and that's ok, but, please do not pass that negativism to me, I am much too intelligent to accept it. Also, thanks a million, for allowing me to respond.

Pete
04-03-2008, 03:42 AM
Wow, what a bunch of angry ugliness.

Dustbowl, if you are just here to cause problems, your posting rights will soon be revoked.

Consider this your last warning.

okcpulse
04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Dustbowl, if this is a 'what if' discussion, and you trade, shouldn;t you be considering BOTH possibilities. It seems to me like you kind of want this to happen, and anyone that doesn't agree gets tarred and feathered.

Once the new Devon tower is well under construction, we'll know by then their clear intentions. And if construction is canceled, we will know. One way or another, there isn't any reason to attack those 'not in the know' over their opinions.

I don't go around calling basic computer users idiots just because the don't know anything beyond internet, e-mail and MS Office. When they have a question that is simple to me but complicated to them, I treat them with dignity.