View Full Version : IMAX at Quail Springs Mall

Patchy Proot
03-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know whatever happened to the IMAX theatre that was supposed to be added to the AMC 24 at Quail Springs Mall? It was originally to be added about 3 or 4 years ago but it was shelved because of a slowdown in the movie theatre industry at the time. But, I remember last spring or summer seeing a sign at the entry of the mall saying again the IMAX was coming soon. Am I imagining things or does someone else recall the recent sign also?

Thanks!:tiphat:

OKCisOK4me
03-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I heard they were suppose to be building it on the site just north of those nice apartments on the west side of QS Mall.

redland
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
AMC did add IMAX at four its venues across the country three years ago. Originally they were to do so at Oklahoma City Quail Springs and at their Omaha location. However the latter two were cancelled and I have heard of no plans to revive them. There was an announcement during the past year of Dickinson building an IMAX theater in the new development (Village at Quail Springs) north of the present Quail Springs mall. So far as I know, that is still in the works.

Patchy Proot
03-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the info. I have never seen a first run movie before in the IMAX format and was looking forward to it. Is IMAX similar to what is shown at the OMNIDOME? :tiphat:

SoonerDave
03-29-2008, 12:41 PM
IMAX is what the OmniDome pretends to be. Its close, but not quite the same. I never realized this until I did some checking on why the OmniDome never got actual IMAX movies, and it was because it wasn't a true IMAX theater...

JLCinOKC
03-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Get ready for an experience like no other! The Dome Theater - Oklahoma's first large-format, dome-screen theater. A 70-foot diameter dome screen virtually surrounds the audience, while worlds of adventure envelop the senses from Iwerks Entertainment's 15/70 projection system, the largest, most technologically advanced in the world. A state-of-the-art, 36,000-watt digital sound system provides heart-pounding sound and effects to complete the experience. Don't miss it!

-Omnidome website

metro
03-29-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/5956-imax-amc-24-quail-springs-2.html?highlight=IMAX