View Full Version : Navigating City Hall

metro
03-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I went to a great workshop last night hosted by Neighborhood Alliance. It was in City Council Chambers at City Hall. It was called "Navigating City Hall". Many city leaders were in attendance, Jim Couch (City Manager), Kristy Yeager (City PR/Information Officer), City Attorneys, City Councilperson, Action Center, and other representatives were there. I asked if they were pro-active enough to record the workshop to put it on Channel 20 or on the cities website, and they said they had not thought of it or been asked to do so, however they said they would record it next time they do one.

Anyhow, if you have a problem with the city, any problem that is not a 911 problem. The best place to call is "one stop shop" City Action Center at City of Oklahoma City | News (http://www.okc.gov) or 297-2579. They had handouts and this nice book talking about all public servies and public agencies with more info on who they are, what they do, and why you might call them. If you have a problem/issue with the city, I can do my best to help by looking it up in this book I got and posting the contact info on here.

bornhere
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Neighborhood Alliance is also a terrific resource, and can help you get through some of the city hall maze.