View Full Version : Great Event in the Great Hall!

ksearls
03-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park to Host Third Annual 'A SIP of Oklahoma' Event

WHO: Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park

WHAT: Third annual fundraising benefit, “A SIP of Oklahoma”

WHEN: 7 – 9 p.m., April 4

WHERE: Great Banking Hall at the First National Center in downtown Oklahoma City

Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park will host its third annual fundraising benefit, “A SIP of Oklahoma,” from 7 to 9 p.m., April 4 at the First National Center in downtown Oklahoma City.

In addition to celebrating OSP, this wine and art event will reacquaint the community with the historic charm of the Great Banking Hall in First National Center while giving event-goers the chance to sample wines and view and purchase stunning artwork from some of Oklahoma’s finest artists. All proceeds benefit OSP.

Artists donating pieces to the benefit include Mary Ann Allen, Doris Bewley, Annalisa Campbell, Linda Christy, Gael Collar, Rebecca Lowber-Collins, Ashley Desmond, Rich Desmond, Margee Gaeddert, Mary Beth Goldberger, Sue Hale, Beverly Jones, Phillip Mendoza, Regina Murphy, Ronna Pernell, Dea Scales, Diana Smith, Diana Tunnell, Brent Weber and White Antelope. Wineries participating are Sand Hills Winery, Tidal School, Deer Creek Vineyard and Grape Ranch. Event catering will be provided by Rococo Restaurant and Wine Bar.

This event marks the second year OSP has hosted “A SIP of Oklahoma” at a prestigious downtown venue. With last year’s SIP being the first official event in the newly remodeled Skirvin Hilton, the organization is carrying on the tradition by hosting this year’s event at one of downtown’s most remarkable venues – the Great Banking Hall.

Single admission tickets are $75 and may be purchased at 405-235-3700.

solitude
03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
You picked an excellent venue. We will definitely be there. Thanks, Kim.

jbrown84
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Wish I could afford that ticket...

metro
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
same here, was looking forward to seeing the Grand Banking Hall once again, then I saw the $75pp ticket. I know several other great events in the metro charge about the same, but with this being a less "Big Name" event (at least as of yet), it's hard to justify the cost. Hey Kim, if I donate a piece of my art to show/sell, can my wife and I get in for free?