View Full Version : Personal memories with our beloved mayor

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
hey guyz this is just one of those feel good post but long overdue........to thank and show a more common look at our wonderful mayor(Money) Mick Cornett... I remember when I was a kid attending grade school at northridge elementary in far western OKC in the rambling acres/ northridge housing addition I befriended Mr. Cornetts son Michael and we use to ride bikes and trade cards and all the things young boyz do he always brag about his dad how gr8t he was at that time the mayor was just a sports newscaster I thought that was pretty cool that his dad was on t.v Mr. Cornett would often come home to catch us playing hoops in his drive way and wit dress shirt tie and all he would join in wit the neighborhood kids.... (he fouled a lot by the way) he had a nice modest house and a wonderful family who would have knew he would go on to be mayor of our gr8t city..... plz feel free to post your memories or personal expriences wit our mayor....

MikeLucky
03-28-2008, 09:31 AM
hey guyz this is just one of those feel good post but long overdue........to thank and show a more common look at our wonderful mayor(Money) Mick Cornett... I remember when I was a kid attending grade school at northridge elementary in far western OKC in the rambling acres/ northridge housing addition I befriended Mr. Cornetts son Michael and we use to ride bikes and trade cards and all the things young boyz do he always brag about his dad how gr8t he was at that time the mayor was just a sports newscaster I thought that was pretty cool that his dad was on t.v Mr. Cornett would often come home to catch us playing hoops in his drive way and wit dress shirt tie and all he would join in wit the neighborhood kids.... (he fouled a lot by the way) he had a nice modest house and a wonderful family who would have knew he would go on to be mayor of our gr8t city..... plz feel free to post your memories or personal expriences wit our mayor....

do you drive a hybrid Lexus?

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 09:40 AM
do you drive a hybrid Lexus?

I don't get it.......

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 09:42 AM
actually.... I drive a hail damaged 2000 grand prix

MikeLucky
03-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I am just wondering where all your "h's" are going......

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 10:08 AM
oh yeah there is a lot of them .... I read and write my post from my phone so I only proofread it to were I feel I got my point across... I thought you were sayin since I grew up in a neighborhood wit our current mayor that I was 'well off' anybody that knows the neighborhood I mentioned knows this is not the case althought they do have upper middle class housing.....(off subject)......everyone plz feel free to post pics,and or personal experience wit our mayor

MikeLucky
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe this will help:

Lexus - Missing h | Adland (http://commercial-archive.com/node/142657)

please bring back the h's.....

metro
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I am just wondering where all your "h's" are going......

I get it, they're commercials are pretty neat commercials. I totally see the genius in them as a professional marketer.

jbrown84
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
as a professional marketer.

That's 2 of those today. ;)

No offense Nawfside, but I think most of us would prefer you not post here as if you're sending text messages. We don't expect you to run your posts through Spellcheck in Microsoft Word, but "plz", "wit", and "gr8t" can get very annoying after a while.

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
oh ok I get it sorry to offend. I am new to the forum and should take in the consideration of the 'elder' posters. I really didn't mean to post the title 'wit' on here.....I just get in a rush reading the post and adding them...but not anymore I don't want to be cut off from the hippest OKC site around...!

metro
03-28-2008, 11:34 AM
That's 2 of those today. ;)

No offense Nawfside, but I think most of us would prefer you not post here as if you're sending text messages. We don't expect you to run your posts through Spellcheck in Microsoft Word, but "plz", "wit", and "gr8t" can get very annoying after a while.

In regards to "that's 2" yeah, I'm not sure what the deal was, just happened to be two posts today talking about advertising, so whoever was talking my language.

jbrown84
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Just a friendly jab, metro.

Nawfside, you didn't offend anyone. Just letting you know kind of the "etiquette" around here.

CuatrodeMayo
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I thought it was some sort of ebonics =)

metro
03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
oh I know jbrown, no worries

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I thought it was some sort of ebonics =)

man .........I just sent a pm to the administrator to change the title from wit to with or cancel the thead or whatever... I just wanted to share my personal experience I had with our mayor and hear ya'll... I haven't even been on here a full day yet so let me fall back....

CuatrodeMayo
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Allright allright. Just kiddin with you.

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
mayo your cool I got thick skin... I love this site and I don't want to be shut out of a site by the posters..because I can't stay away from OKC talk . its the only site that makes me feel at home while I'm here in florida...I enjoy your posts and the posts of others but it does kinda suck to open a thread and see you got new replies only to find its not on the topic but rather on the poster. but I'm sure that has happen to everyone that posts....

MikeLucky
03-28-2008, 12:37 PM
mayo your cool I got thick skin... I love this site and I don't want to be shut out of a site by the posters..because I can't stay away from OKC talk . its the only site that makes me feel at home while I'm here in florida...I enjoy your posts and the posts of others but it does kinda suck to open a thread and see you got new replies only to find its not on the topic but rather on the poster. but I'm sure that has happen to everyone that posts....

ah, it's my fault. I can't resist making either a pop-culture reference or a tv/movie reference to situations that present themselves..... you provided the PERFECT opportunity to be a smarta$$... so I took it.... and I'll do it again when I get the chance..... :tiphat:

Kerry
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
When does the kissing part of the make-up begin?

I have never know the Mayor of Oklahoma City. In fact, the only Mayor I know was the Mayor of Oldsmar, Florida. His name was Jerry Beverland. One day I was getting on the elevator in City Hall and he was already standing in it reading a paper. When I got on he reached over and push the button for the second floor, and then gave me a tip on riding an elevator. He said make sure you push a button for the floor you want. He had been standing there going no where for 5 minutes. I guess it was good newspaper story to not realize that it was taking 5 minutes to go up one floor.

MikeLucky
03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
When does the kissing part of the make-up begin?

I have never know the Mayor of Oklahoma City. In fact, the only Mayor I know was the Mayor of Oldsmar, Florida. His name was Jerry Beverland. One day I was getting on the elevator in City Hall and he was already standing in it reading a paper. When I got on he reached over and push the button for the second floor, and then gave me a tip on riding an elevator. He said make sure you push a button for the floor you want. He had been standing there going no where for 5 minutes. I guess it was good newspaper story to not realize that it was taking 5 minutes to go up one floor.

He sounds smart..... good thing we didn't have HIM here Tuesday.....

donbroncho
03-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I actually lived in the same neighborhood as the mayor(Wilshire Hills) as well. Live about 2 blocks down from him. I remember going over to his house to play basketball in his backyard because he had a "Full' court back there.

I never got to meet him personally. I only hung out w/ his sons. They were cool. But thats my only connection.

Who knows Nawfside, we might have run across each other back then...

Nawfside OKC
03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
who knows don ? it's a great memory I have of the mayor.He is the best mayor OKC has had. OKC is in its best period.... thanks for responding to the post. I new someone had a story of Meeting the Mayor.