View Full Version : Hotel next to Water Taxi ticket booth...

Luke
12-12-2004, 06:27 PM
The sign for MidFirst financing is still there. Anybody know anything new? What it will be? When it will break ground? Will it be a brand? Anything?

Just curious!

Patrick
12-12-2004, 10:45 PM
No details have been released yet. I'm sure downtownguy will give us clues when he learns about them. Any ideas downtownguy?

metro
12-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I think its going to be that Embassy Suites by John Hammons. I think there was an article in the Oklahoman recently if I remember right. Construction was going to be delayed till late 2005 or early 06??

Luke
12-13-2004, 03:55 PM
No, that Embassy Suites is slated to be between the Bass Pro and Sonic buildings.

metro
12-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Luke your right, I got the location mixed up. I was thinking the water taxi setup near the bass pro shop.

Patrick
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I'll contact some sources to try to find out.

Luke
12-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Thanks, Patrick!

Patrick
12-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I contacted a very good source this morning. To paraphrase what he said: he basically said that Chris Johnson (owner of the property) has said that he is set to begin work any time, but of course this could change, as we saw with the propery directly across the canal from him. The Midfirst fianancing sign is up, but of course this could be a gimick like with other developments in Bricktown most notably, again the property directly across the canal from his. Currently, he has neither taken his project through the urban design committee, nor has he sought a building permit. I guess only time will tell.

SoundMind
12-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I hope this project happens. We could use more hotels in the downtown area. In the past year, I've tried to book rooms for researchers traveling to our campus. Obviously, my first choice has been downtown, since it's close to the Health Sciences Center campus. Everytiem I've called the Sheraton/Westin, they've been booked. Fortunately, I've had some luck with the Courtyard next to the Ford Center. Researchers from out of town have been extremely impressed with the Courtyard.

Luke
12-14-2004, 03:42 PM
The Courtyard is a beautiful hotel with modern, urban and sophisticated touches. I was lucky enough to stay there with my parents one time. Everything there is very stylish.

Back on topic, I hope this Chris Johnson gets the ball rollin' on that hotel. It IS very needed downtown.