View Full Version : Need food donations

bandnerd
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey everyone,

I know there are several restauranteurs on this site, as well as those who are just "in the know" about local eating establishments, so I thought I'd ask.

Last year, as a fundraising project, my yearbook staff put together a spaghetti supper that was such a huge success, we weren't able to serve everyone that showed up! I barely even got any food! We connect it with the National Honor Society new member induction ceremony, and offer special pricing for their families.

This year, we are planning to combine a "game night" and have an Xbox 360, a GameCube, and games like Dance-Dance-Revolution available for students and families to play after they eat. We did karaoke last year, but we have all this gaming equipment around so we thought we'd put it to good use!

Bravo! Cucina Italiana generously donated spaghetti and fettucini alfredo last year, and Brown's Bakery donated the bread. The parents brought the drinks and paper goods, and donated baked goods for a silent dessert auction (which was very successful). I have not heard from Bravo yet, and so I am trying to find another place to go to.

We would provide HEAVY advertising for any donations given. The restaurant's logo and name would be plastered all over the school. People had a good time at this event last year, and we hope to continue its success.

And for your information: Harding Charter Preparatory High School is a college-preparatory charter school that caters to many families across the metro, providing Advanced Placement classes to all students who come, regardless of race, socioeconomic background, or location. We are in our fifth year of existence, and will graduate our 2nd senior class this May. Last year, our senior class received over 3/4 million dollars in scholarships, and our valedictorian went to Clemson on a full ride as an engineering major. We have bright kids who often have very little, except for their education. They are always appreciative of anything that is given to them. We hold this spaghetti supper to offset the costs of printing the yearbook, which we offer at a fairly low cost to the students, putting us at financial risk every year.

Thanks!

Karried
03-24-2008, 09:13 AM
bandnerd,

Will you be preparing Italian food and need pasta and ingredients or are you looking at prepared restaurant food?

Have you tried Johnny Carinos? They have Huge platters ( Family Style Meals) with Bread, salads, soup and Pasta dishes for about $18-20! They say it feeds 2-3 people but our family of four usually has leftovers.

bandnerd
03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
We are looking to have the food catered. Last year they brought down chafing dishes and everything, and the manager himself set it up :) We do not have access to the school kitchen, so preparing it ourselves would be messy and difficult.

bandnerd
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Just reiterating things here. We have everything we need except the most important thing! The PASTA!

If you are involved with an italian restaurant, it really is a fun night and a good way to advertise your business.

Heck, I'll even throw in free newspaper advertising (1/8 page)in our monthly school newspaper for next school year. It circulates among our student and faculty bodies, and reaches other businesses around the city as well as our parents. $144 value FREE!

You can PM me here if you are interested or have suggestions.