View Full Version : Ray's Sewer Service: Worst experience ever

warreng88
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Last Sunday (March 9, 2008) we had a problem in our kitchen. When we would turn on the disposal, the water would back up into the sink and where the water goes from the washer (our washer/dryer are located in the kitchen; it is a small house.) So we called a good friend of the family that is a plumber to recommend someone that can take care of sewer work and he recommended Ray's Sewer Service.

We called and got a young man named Mario out there Monday afternoon who charges us $99 to clear the clog (which he claims was caused from regular soapscum buildup.)

Tuesday (March 10, 2008) morning I was taking a shower (I am a guy and take at most 8 minute showeres) and the water started to back up. When I got out, I flushed the toilet and it started to backup as well...into the bathtub drain. So I called later that day and he said he would come out and look at it again to see what the problem was. Wednesday (March 11, 2008) he said there was some blockage at the very end of the sewer line, had to find the line and on top of that, he charged us $408 and said eventually our lines would have to be replaced costing at minimum $1000. We thought it was finally done.

On Friday, the toilet started to backup again and we thought we could fix it. We waited a couple of days to see if it would work and finally had to call again on Sunday (March 16, 2008) to see if someone could come out and fix the ongoing problem we have been experiencing. We had a guy named Jerry come out about 30 mintutes later that was really nice. He worked for about two hours and finally got it fixed. At that point in time, I thought for sure they were going to try to charge us again but he didn't have the authority to since it was a weekend an he had to take it up with his supervisor.

On Monday (March 17, 2008) I called up to speak with a supervisor to make sure we didn't get billed. I ended up talking to the receptionist that showed a "no-charge" on our bill, but I wanted to make sure. I asked her when a supervisor would be in, she said Ray would be in around 5:00pm.

So I called when I got off work to talk with him and let him know about my situation (the multiple trips for something that should have been fixed the first time and the billing.) I told him that I was calling to make sure I didn't get billed. I told him about the problem and he continued to say things like "Are you an expert on sewage" and "are you questioning my workers?" (The first of which I replied no to and the second of which I replied, "well, I think someone should since this should have been fixed the first time.") He asked what I do and I replied that I work at a bank and if someone had a complaint, that I would hear them out and try to fix the problem instead of getting defensive and belittling me. He said since you work at a bank, this shouldn't be a problem and just to deal with it. He continued to say that he gave me a free one and just because of me calling, he is tempted to charge me for it. I told him that I have questions about some of the billing and things felt like they were finally going in the right direction (they charged an hourly rate + for the job. If it would have been hourly, it would have been $248 and by the job it would have been $160) He said "You realize our hours are 8-5, not 5-8 right?" I said that this was the time I was told I would be able to reach him to tell him about what happened. He said "Well I already gave you a free one so that should be enough. Bye- bye" and hung up.

Again, I reiterate, DO NOT USE RAY'S SEWER SERVICE FOR SEWER PROBLEMS. Use Matt Funk or Rooto Rooter. My wife and I are going to file a complaint with the better business bureau on them.

Jesseda
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
thanks for the tip, how rude can some people be.

Watson410
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
next time you have any sewer problems or any other plumbing problems you need to call Plumb-Tech. I'm just curious how much time did they have in it when they charged you $400?

warreng88
03-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Two hours. It was $99 a hour for two hours, plus he had to bring out a "helper" that was $50 an hour for one hour and then the fees for finding holes and such on top of that. I have never heard of any business charging for parts, labor and the jobs they were doing. The thing that I was most annoyed with is that he wouldn't hear out my problem. Watson, have you used Plumb-Tech before? Were they thorough(sp?)

OKCCrime
03-20-2008, 07:46 PM
My wife and I are going to file a complaint with the better business bureau on them.

Do. But also be sure to write a review on Google. That way people who see their website will know about your difficulties.

Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=rays+sewer+service&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=51.536086,-93.515625&spn=22.768612,59.765625&z=4&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=35539304,-97494232,3773401173217982848&dtab=2)

Watson410
03-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Watson, have you used Plumb-Tech before?

I guess you could say that... my dad owns Plumb-Tech. I can promise you he's cheaper than that, there's alot of plumbing companys that run their bussiness like that. He would have charged you something like $179.00 for two hours.. with or without a helper. That's all Ray's did was find your sewer line and run the big snake from outside, right?

warreng88
03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
I guess you could say that... my dad owns Plumb-Tech. I can promise you he's cheaper than that, there's alot of plumbing companys that run their bussiness like that. He would have charged you something like $179.00 for two hours.. with or without a helper. That's all Ray's did was find your sewer line and run the big snake from outside, right?

Well, the first guy found the line and charged $50 to do that. The second guy didn't charge for it, but had to dig another hole for reasons I don't understand. The second guy said the problem was close to the house and the all the first guy did was run it from the room down and apparently there was a clog into the house. They also informed me that we will probably have to get all the lines in our back yard replaced because they are old clay pipes. E-mail me your dad's number and I will call him to see if he can give us an estimate. warreng88@hotmail.com, thanks.

Watson410
03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I emailed his number to you... You really shouldn't have to replace it unless you are constiantly having problems with it stopping up... Just give him a call and see what he says about it.