View Full Version : Hdtv

mranderson
12-10-2004, 11:26 AM
I am having a problem finding out about HDTV tuners. I know the difference between HDTV and HDTV ready, so that is not the issue.

Not ONE of the sites for HDTV products, Dell included, has information on the pricing or specs on an HDTV tuner for HDTV ready products.

It goes beyond help. It is actually PLEH! :confused: Any advise on where I can find out what I want to know?

Midtowner
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Go to Best Buy and ask.

Luke
12-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I bought a US Digital HDTV receiver from Wal Mart for $200. I get over the air broadcasts in digital quality and most shows air in HDTV in the evenings. My next goal will be to get an HD television set so I can take full advantage of the higher quality video.

Floating_adrift
12-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I got setup with VOOM and they came out and installed everything I needed.

All I started out with was an HDTV ready LCD TV.

Patrick
12-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Okay, I'm ignorant when it comes to HDTV. Does an HDTV receiver basically work the same way as rabbit ears, only it picks up the digital signal instead of analog? So, when everything is switched over to HDTV, will everyone who still uses rabbit ears, have to switch over to an HDTV receiver? What about people in rural areas who have long range antennas?

Floating_adrift
12-13-2004, 09:19 AM
You would probably get your best answer by calling one of the HD providers like Cox or VOOM, possibly even a local station like KFOR that broadcast in HD. I don't feel confidant in the info I get from people working at Best Buy or Circuit City...

mranderson
12-13-2004, 09:24 AM
You would probably get your best answer by calling one of the HD providers like Cox or VOOM, possibly even a local station like KFOR that broadcast in HD. I don't feel confidant in the info I get from people working at Best Buy or Circuit City...

Best Buy has yet to provide accurate info, let alone care enough to wait on me. They have lost several thousand dollars in business due to this attitude.

If I contact Voom, I may need all televisions connected. When I DO buy HDTV, it will be for two rooms at first. I will keep Cox for the others. Yes. Cox may not be a bad idea.

K Mac
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Check out hdtvok.com there are alot of posting by HDTV users. I've had my HDTV for about 3 years now so I'm not real sure about the new ones

MrsSnootyPants
01-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I bought my 65" 2005 Mitsubishi HDTV in sept 2004 at Mathis Brothers who threw in one year FREE Cox HDTV programming.

I love it!!!! Everyone that comes in my house and see's the CRISP VIVID COLORS loves it too. I recommend getting your tv at Mathis Brothers because I compared and they had the best prices from SAM's, Best Buy, Circuit City, Ultimate Electronics and the delivery was outstanding!

Cox gives out free packages of info with HDTV programing. The HDTV requires a different cable box dedicated to HDTV sets.

Midtowner
01-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Did y'all know that when our market has 80% saturation on DTV, analog will go away according to current FCC regulations?

I think it was 80% anyway.