View Full Version : For Doug Dawg!

Karried
03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Doug! I couldn't let this get buried....

Huge Congratulations are in Order:

:welcome55 Welcome Baby Sophia! :welcome55

Congratulations Doug on a new baby granddaughter!

By the way ... congratulations are in order! My daughter just delivered her baby Sophia on the day that the interim Sonics agreement was submitted to and approved by the city! :welcome55 Sophia! :welcome55

dcsooner
03-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Big Congrats Doug Dawg on your new granddaughter

Doug Loudenback
03-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks, guys! I'll print this page and take it to Baptist when I visit my daughter, her excellent husband, and baby Sophia this morning!:Smiley051

Karried
03-15-2008, 09:00 AM
We want Details!

How much did she weigh?

How many inches?

Hair Color?

I saw a newborn baby girl yesterday all wrapped up in a soft pink blanket - she was so sweet & adorable!

I never got to do 'pink' since I have two boys so tell your daughter congrats again and how very lucky she is to have a daughter!

Karried
03-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I forgot the most important part!

I want a picture!

(PM me if you don't feel comfortable publishing it here.)

kevinpate
03-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Congrats to the family Doug

SouthsideSooner
03-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats, Doug....:congrats:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Congrats!

Doug Loudenback
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks again, guys ... Sophia was an early but not premature delivery so she's having a little trouble adjusting to breathing like a non-utero human ... but she'll get there! Sure, I'll post some pics if you want (if my daughter consents), but later. My daughter seemed touched to read the early printout of this thread this morning ... Sophia is on the internet from day one!

I don't know her height but she weighed 5 pounds 15 ounces at birth, and in a pretty compact body (not a perfectly good analogy, but compact like a nice, large, cuddly loaf of bread) with brown hair on the top who has absolutely no modesty! My daughter is a little worried about the breathing, but I'm confident that all will be well. More later.

For an associated post, see http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/12350-review-beatnix-cafe-midtown.html#post133408 . What's not said there is that at Floral & Hardy's ... I went there (NW 13th & Robinson) to get some flowers or a plant or something for my daughter ... wound up getting (1) a helium balloon with a pink something (bunny?) sitting in a crescent moon on it which, when touched, sings, "Baby face, You've got the cutest little baby face ...," (2) two cute cuddly ducks (forget the product name) ... one vibrates when you pull on its tail ..., (3) a plaster/composite/whatever figure of a bust of a lady during the early 1900's women's suffrage movement, "Vote Now!" (I want my granddaughter to know her place and not forget it!), (4) a charming rose-themed cup and saucer which I thought would be a nice keepsake, (5) some other stuff I can't remember, and, (6) yes, some nice flowers which was my original purpose. That's a neat neat shop!

Thanks, much, again.

Karried
03-15-2008, 03:51 PM
oh... that is the absolute sweetest thing!

Tell your daughter my best friend had a baby girl weighing about the same and she too had some breathing issues in the beginning ... but all is well and she is going into 6th grade next year!

Is this your daughter's first baby? I know you have a few other grandchildren but not sure if this is the first for you daughter..

Please tell her we all wish her and baby Sophia well here at OKCTalk.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah...Tell her that I had a hard time breathing too. I was born almost two months early. This was in '72. I popped out around 4lbs and jaundiced.

I'm now a full head taller and 40 lbs heavier than anybody in my frail little family of svelte shorties. Buncha little twerps they are.

Congrats again Doug. Very cool.

Doug Loudenback
03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks, friends. I've printed all posts above this one and am on my way to see the beautiful ones at Baptist! Your messages will be hand delivered.

Doug Loudenback
03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm glad to report that, after not so hot a day yesterday, today things are looking up ... got to see Sophia this evening in the NICU unit ... still hooked up to stuff, but she's looking good and doing well.

Karried
03-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Doug,

I know all of us here at OKCTalk have you and your daughter and Sophia in our thoughts and hearts .... come home soon Sophia.

solitude
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
I've been out of town and missed this thread. Congratulations, Doug. I'm also relieved to read your post that Sophia is doing better today!

I'm glad you posted this in a separate thread, Karrie, that was sweet of you.

Doug Loudenback
03-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks to all who replied in this thread ... Sophia came home yesterday (Friday, a week after her birth) and all is well!

Karried
03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

So happy to hear the wonderful news!

solitude
03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
That's great news!

Doug Loudenback
03-23-2008, 06:01 PM
When you're a baby born about 4 weeks early, your principal activities are ....

... Sleeping ...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/sophia/sophia_3_23_08_01s.jpg

... and wondering about very important things, such as ...

... Where Am I Gonna Sleep Next ...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/sophia/sophia_3_23_08_03s.jpg

... And What Am I Gonna Wear?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/sophia/sophia_3_23_08_02s.jpg

But, the mom ... she has more troubling concerns ... such as ...

"How am I gonna tell my baby that her grand-
father changed his name when he got old
to 'Doug Dawg' ... I don't even understand it,
so how can I possibly explain it to her???"

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/sophia/sophia_3_23_08_04s.jpg

Yep. That could become a problem! But, at the moment,
I don't think that it has even entered her mind,
else she wouldn't be smiling at me so ...

Karried
03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh, I can't stand it!!! That is the most precious thing in the world!

Wait, how can such a tiny being have more clothes than I do?

lol.. what a doll! She deserves to be color coordinated, all the way up to her lavender beenie!

I'm so happy that Sophia is doing well, really brings it home, what's really important in life doesn't it?

Congrats again my friend.

Doug Loudenback
03-23-2008, 09:08 PM
One of the problems in her wardrobe is that she doesn't yet have any Sonics gear ... I think that I know someone who can help with that! ME! :dizzy:

andy157
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
One of the problems in her wardrobe is that she doesn't yet have any Sonics gear ... I think that I know someone who can help with that! ME! :dizzy:Congratulations. If you need a bat to keep the boys away when the time comes let me know. Looks as though you may need one. She's a doll.