View Full Version : West OKC/ River Bend/ Council Road

metro
12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know what construction is going on on N Council Road between 50th and Wilshire. I'm assuming residential and maybe light commercial on the frontage. Its all that in front of the Stinchcomb wildlife refuge. They have been clearing all the brush and leveling acres of dirt for a few weeks now.

Patrick
12-12-2004, 11:01 PM
From what I've learned, you're hunch sounds correct, but I'll double check for sure.

Luke
12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Isn't there a canal that connects Lake Overholser and Lake Hefner? Because if there is, would it be conceivable to have a Water Taxi go from Downtown, all the way through the dams (past Meridian) and into Lake Overholser and then to Lake Hefner? Wouldn't THAT be cool? I'm sure there are a ton of logistical issues, but hey, we can dream...

:)

Patrick
12-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but it's not really impressive.....just a ditch allowing the city to shift water from one lake to the other.

metro
12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Plus some of it is underground. It also runs all the way to some other lake near Watonga. I'm pretty sure they will just expand that already huge neighborhood of River Bend and do light commercial on the council rd frontage.

metro
12-22-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm wondering if they are going to use alot of that land for the Hefner trails continuation to the citywide trails system. They have been clearing out dead trees, etc. on acres of land everywhere in between also. For example that vacant lot across from CD Warehouse where Wilshire meets NW Expressway all the way through the Wiley Post airport area over to Council.

Patrick
12-23-2004, 11:34 AM
metro, I believe your thoughts are correct!

metro
12-23-2004, 11:37 AM
yeah, i should know, i was heavily involved with the research conducted by Insight for the city. I'll post any updates I receive on here about it

Patrick
12-23-2004, 11:37 AM
We would appreciate that!