View Full Version : I-35 North Progress

metro
12-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Anyone know whats going on these days on North I-35 towards Edmond?

Patrick
12-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Nothing really! Why? Were some changes supposed to be made? I-35 up there is already 6 lanes.

metro
12-13-2004, 10:09 AM
No I meant as far as new businesses and stuff being built, there has been quite a bit of construction up that way the last year

Patrick
12-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh.....I believe Carlson Foods is expanding their warehouse up there. Also, as many of you know, Henderson Hill Baptist Church recently opened their new facility at the northeast corner of I-35 and 15th St. Other than that, not much is really going on.

Luke
12-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Isn't there a Wal Mart or something going on up there? Wasn't that the area that the Edmondites fought to keep Wal Mart out, but lost?

metro
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Yeah those two the H.H. and C.F. have been done for awhile, there is alot of warehouses being built out there and I didnt know if anyone knew who. Yes, also the Fox Lake Walmart is approved, does anyone know if construction has started yet?

Patrick
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Hmmmm.....I guess I'll have to take a trip up to Edmond either today or tomorrow!

BricktownGuy
12-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't believe it has started yet(Fox Lake Walmart)... last I heard it hadn't, I could be wrong.

okcpulse
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
I am employed by Wal-Mart. I work at the Northwest Expressway & Council Supercenter. I have not heard any tentative start dates for the new Supercenter. I'll keep checking the new store calendar.

Luke
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
okcpulse, as an employee of Wal-Mart, what is your opnion of the corporation? We hear so much negative stuff about Wal-Mart. What can you tell us?

Patrick
12-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey okcpulse...I thought you had already moved to Houston?

okcpulse
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Actually, Patrick, the move to Texas is the end of October 2005. I have to finish school and my apartment lease before my wife and I move to Houston. So, I will be enjoying 10 more months in Oklahoma City!

Luke, Wal-Mart, as you know, is a corporation of monstrosity, and employs over 1 million people. With that many employees, you have people at Wal-Mart from all walks of life. Sometimes, bad decisions can be made by management at a certain store that can effect the entire company. However, in my job experience, no company has taken good care of me the way Wal-Mart has, and there is plenty of room to move up the ladder. Other places I worked left people with false promises. Indeed, Wal-Mart grew to the size it is today because of careful expense controls. Vendors are on a long waiting list because they know Wal-Mart will buy from them in large bulks, which means $$$$.

But many people believe Wal-Mart treats employees poorly, which is far from the case. You get in a lot of trouble of you do not take a lunch and two breaks. I am an evening supervisor, so I am responsible for making sure people are relieved for breaks and lunches. If I do not, I get in trouble, but that's a good thing.

People complain that Wal-Mart causes litter and polution. I do not mean to seem unappreciative of customers, but many who shop at Wal-Mart are responsible for litter in the property by leaving emptied sacks, boxes and McDonalds containers all over the bleeping parking lot.

Not all of us can agree on Wal-Marts business practices, but there is little room to complain when you have high job security. :wink:

okcpulse
12-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Keep in mind, though, I won't be there the rest of my life. My major is computer sciences, and I can't wait to become an IT!!!

Patrick
12-17-2004, 02:48 AM
Hey okcpulse......I shop at your Wal-Mart pretty much all the time. Although I live near Penn Square, I, like many, am not too fond of the Belle Isle Wal-Mart. Hey, what department do you work in? I'll have to coem by and say hi sometime. Seems like I'm in there practically every day! :)

Anyways, glad to hear you're staying in Oklahoma another 10 months. For some reason, I was mistaken, thinking you had already moved. :)

Luke
12-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Thanks, okcpulse. I figured the negativity I hear is much less than actually happens. Thanks for sharing.

okcpulse
12-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Patrick, I work in the deli department. Come by sometime... I'm pretty much there almost everyday, but that's a full-time job. Not as busy on the weekdays as the weekends, but our deli does very well.

Probably confused you on the moving date because I never mentioned what year I was moving.

Patrick
12-18-2004, 01:28 AM
lol! No problem on the moving date confusion! I'm glad you're sticking around for awhile!

Hey, next time I'm up at the Council Wal-Mart I'll stop by the deli and ask for you.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Heh. I live in Surrey Hills and am always driving past there, on my way to work, wherever that is (Integris, as you know, has many hospitals).

Just PM me if you need help around the Bayou City. It is my hometown (hince the Rice part of my username) and I know it like the back of my hand.