View Full Version : New coffee shop/deli opens up in Midtown

metro
03-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I stumbled upon an ad for this place in today's Gazette.

the Beatnix Cafe | Welcome | 405 604-0211 (http://www.thebeatnixcafe.com)

136 NW 13th

It says they serve breakfast, sandwiches, soups, wraps and desserts and they have an online menu. This should be interesting to see it's longevity as well as the other coffee shop opening inside both Bicycle Alley and Schleigels in Automobile Alley, in addition to the already successful Java Daves in A.A. as well.

mecarr
03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I really hope they both succeed and that people choose these locally owned coffee shops over the new starbucks.

jbrown84
03-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I just happened to notice this yesterday driving through the area. I think there was also a salon next door, and Floral & Hardy Flowers has been there at Robinson & 13th for some time.

It's shaping up to be a nice little retail intersection, and should do well with Harvey Lofts and The Aberdeen very close, and Garage Lofts across the street. Also several of Banta's residential projects are within a couple blocks.

mecarr
03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I had a chance to eat there today. I posted my review in the "food court" section.

metro
03-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I drove by and took pics tonight, I'll try to post them tomorrow.

Turanacus
03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
if Java Dave's is still open down there anything should be able to survive, as long as they have some sort of customer service, something totally absent from Java Daves.