View Full Version : Little River Zoo

Jesseda
03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi, I have not been to the little river zoo in about 5 years, has it changed or gotten larger, and big animals? Last time the big thing was the black bear I believe. I tried the web site but the web site is not working? Any help would be great, Spring is coming and I am looking for outside activities for the kids

Faith
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Jesseda,

I went with my son's kindergarten class two years ago. I had a really fun time. I remember they hand carried some large snakes out for the kids to see and the monkeys were entertaining. I think it would be an excellent decision to take the kids there this spring. They also have a picnic area (in the shade), that you can take a break and feed the kids. I plan on going this year with my children as well. Arbuckle Wilderness is a great place to take the kids as well if you haven't been. You actually get to feed some of the animals from your car!

kmf563
03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I haven't been in a while, but I know they have camp outs quite often. If you check the local metrofamily guide or the childrens directories they usually have those dates listed. I think staying overnight and having free reign would be fun somewhere like that.

cindyl57
03-17-2008, 07:26 AM
I was thinking of taking my gchildren this week. I am sure that they will probably be very busy what with Spring Break...I tried going to their Web Site, but it is down...So I looked around for prices and stuff and found one place where they said..Adults 5.00 and Children 4.00
Is this about right????

jacimaeb
04-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for mentioning this place. I went years ago on a field trip with one of my sons and I am sure they would love to go again.