View Full Version : Dustbowl Invades Mexico!!

Dustbowl
03-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Developing story......

Dustbowl, disguised as a normal tourist, plans an invasion into Mexico later today. Dustbowl and his sidekick, Ms.L, will take over the island of Isla Mujeres with the following surrender terms for the Mexican government:
1. Isla will agree to be annexed as part of Oklahoma City and will agree to keep the island just as it is with no urban sprawl.
2. Dustbowl will become the Mini-Mayor of Isla and all citizens will pay honor to Dustbowl with an annual party on Playa Norte. Date and time decided by Dustbowl and Ms. L.
3. All citizens of OKC will become eligible for 24 hour happy hours at all Isla establishments.
4. All schools and other government buildings on Isla will be renamed after visionary OKC leaders.
5. The currency on Isla will be converted to Euros immediately. This will raise Isla's GDP by about 500% on the first day.
6. No current resident of Isla may communicate with any OKC resident without first saying Howdy or How Y'all Doin'? Classes in OKC culture will be given free of charge by Toby Keith.
7. All religions will be tolerated, but may not be discussed on the island.
8. All grievances or complaints must be in writing and sent to Mick the Mayor, Dustbowl does not have the time to hear complaints while enjoying the beach

Updates may be delayed due to weather, Sol consumption and other activities :tongue: planned for the invasion. Dustbowl plans to go radio silent during most of the invasion.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and please begin raising funds for Dustbowl's defense fund in case he is unsuccessful.

MikeLucky
03-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Developing story......

Dustbowl, disguised as a normal tourist, plans an invasion into Mexico later today. Dustbowl and his sidekick, Ms.L, will take over the island of Isla Mujeres with the following surrender terms for the Mexican government:
1. Isla will agree to be annexed as part of Oklahoma City and will agree to keep the island just as it is with no urban sprawl.
2. Dustbowl will become the Mini-Mayor of Isla and all citizens will pay honor to Dustbowl with an annual party on Playa Norte. Date and time decided by Dustbowl and Ms. L.
3. All citizens of OKC will become eligible for 24 hour happy hours at all Isla establishments.
4. All schools and other government buildings on Isla will be renamed after visionary OKC leaders.
5. The currency on Isla will be converted to Euros immediately. This will raise Isla's GDP by about 500% on the first day.
6. No current resident of Isla may communicate with any OKC resident without first saying Howdy or How Y'all Doin'? Classes in OKC culture will be given free of charge by Toby Keith.
7. All religions will be tolerated, but may not be discussed on the island.
8. All grievances or complaints must be in writing and sent to Mick the Mayor, Dustbowl does not have the time to hear complaints while enjoying the beach

Updates may be delayed due to weather, Sol consumption and other activities :tongue: planned for the invasion. Dustbowl plans to go radio silent during most of the invasion.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and please begin raising funds for Dustbowl's defense fund in case he is unsuccessful.

That all sounds great! But personally, I would refrain from using the title "mini-mayor." Too dimunitive..... I would go with something like lieutenant mayor, or sergeant mayor..... it has a "commanding" ring to it despite it's role as a subset. you obviously need a publicist......

:kicking:

jbrown84
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
no comment

ksearls
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
DB!!

Isla is one of my favorite places! Where are you staying? Oh my gosh, the food is so good there. Let me know what kind of shape Playa is in, there was not much left last time we were there. We stayed on the Airport Strip last time and had our own pool. It was sweet! I am so jelous!

kim

Dustbowl
03-12-2008, 09:17 AM
DB!!

Isla is one of my favorite places! Where are you staying? Oh my gosh, the food is so good there. Let me know what kind of shape Playa is in, there was not much left last time we were there. We stayed on the Airport Strip last time and had our own pool. It was sweet! I am so jelous!

kim

Dustbowl Invasionary HQ is located here Casa de los Amigos (http://islamujeresescape.com/)

It's in the La Gloria neighborhood on the beach. The owners, next door, are friends who have lived on the Island for 7 years. Isla is one of the best kept secrets in the caribe. $360/week!!!!!

Doug Loudenback
03-12-2008, 09:20 AM
After the annexation, will we need a passport ... and what about transportation?

Dustbowl
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
After the annexation, will we need a passport ... and what about transportation?

Passports will not be required, only a valid OK drivers License.

Transportation will be by moped and golf carts only. No cars and trucks allowed.

solitude
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Dustbowl, You know I love 'ya - but Metro Area Talk?

kmf563
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm all for a 24 hour happy hour anywhere. I'm in.

Dustbowl
03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Dustbowl, You know I love 'ya - but Metro Area Talk?

`Oops!!! I see your point. I'll do better Ma, I promise I will.

CuatrodeMayo
03-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't get it.

Karried
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
You forgot the Limes, I'm not going with you without limes.

DB is going on vacation to Mexico without all of us. Big meanie

MikeLucky
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't get it.

I took it as dustbowl's rendition of giving his thoughts on the role of our city government and some of the decisions they are making.... my guess is he is still seething that we are "spending money on a handout to millionaires" and he is attempting to use humor and cross-reference it with his current vacation plans to veil his anger about the March 4th vote results......

But, I could be wrong..... I am such a conspiracy theorist.... he could just be bragging that he is in the Caribbean.....

Karried
03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I didn't pay attention to any of that... I'm focused on Coronas, Hammocks and Citrus Fruit.. anything else, I'm not interested in.

I don't get to a tropical island until August.. so I'm living vicariously through Dust Bowl ...

jbrown84
03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
It wasn't funny or convincing the first time, and it still isn't.

solitude
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
`Oops!!! I see your point. I'll do better Ma, I promise I will.

And you be in by dark, young man!

andy157
03-12-2008, 07:02 PM
It wasn't funny or convincing the first time, and it still isn't.Why must you always be such a stick in the mud?

Doug Loudenback
03-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I didn't pay attention to any of that... I'm focused on Coronas, Hammocks and Citrus Fruit.. anything else, I'm not interested in.

I don't get to a tropical island until August.. so I'm living vicariously through Dust Bowl ...
Heyyyy, wait a minute, Karrie ... you want to live vicariously through a Dust Bowl???

:dontgetit :Smiley275