View Full Version : Metro Hotel Recommendations

kmf563
03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey guys I need some help. I had one of my bands down from New York over the weekend and they were almost killed by my cat - allergies! So I need to find a good but cheap hotel in the metro area to put them in when they come back through on the 20th and maybe the 21st. They are well behaved, they won't destroy anything. ( Would I have allowed all 5 of them to stay in my home unsupervised if they weren't??) I'm going to check with the venue just to make sure they don't offer any discounts anywhere (which I seriously doubt in this town). But I thought you guys are really the best resources around for this kind of thing. Where should I put them??

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey guys I need some help. I had one of my bands down from New York over the weekend and they were almost killed by my cat - allergies! So I need to find a good but cheap hotel in the metro area to put them in when they come back through on the 20th and maybe the 21st. They are well behaved, they won't destroy anything. ( Would I have allowed all 5 of them to stay in my home unsupervised if they weren't??) I'm going to check with the venue just to make sure they don't offer any discounts anywhere (which I seriously doubt in this town). But I thought you guys are really the best resources around for this kind of thing. Where should I put them??

North, South? I have always had great luck using priceline.com to bid for hotels. I just got a room at the DFW Best Western for 30 bucks. They were quoting 75 on their website. One night layover for an early flight. Bid low and inch it up. You might be surprised.

kmf563
03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Somewhere in the central area. They are performing in the Plaza District so as close to that as possible. But I wouldn't rule out anything on Memorial Rd since that is close to my house or even Meridian since that's hotel row.

I use expedia for my trips, never even thought about using it for here! I'll try priceline too.

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Somewhere in the central area. They are performing in the Plaza District so as close to that as possible. But I wouldn't rule out anything on Memorial Rd since that is close to my house or even Meridian since that's hotel row.

I use expedia for my trips, never even thought about using it for here! I'll try priceline too.

You know that little dive bar in The Plaza called R&M?

kmf563
03-11-2008, 02:15 PM
nope.

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
nope.

Well, if you decide to drop in there, tell Lisa the beer-slinger that Mark the lawyer sent ya. They will treat ya good. It's a dive though. Interesting mix of people and stories.

kmf563
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Will do. Thanks for the tip.

kmf563
03-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I found some great deals on priceline, thanks!

You know what would be nice though - someone that would like to do some trades with me. I'm going to have several bands coming through and it would be nice to have a permanent place to set them up in without having to worry about pricing and booking. Just make a phone call and set up the dates. I would be willing to trade a night or two for free promotion or reviews or something like that! We could work something out. Anybody in that business interested or know someone that might be??
We could spread the word and make you the official place for musical rest. :-)

jbrown84
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Trip Advisor is a great place to look at what people think of local motels, since no doubt few of us have ever stayed in any of them in our own town. They are obviously hit or miss, so it can be a good tool. They also allow you to compare prices at all the travel sites with one click. It's pretty cool.

Patrick
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
What's your price range?

kmf563
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Under $100.