View Full Version : You are all Atheists

Pages : [1] 2

Dustbowl
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
All of you are Atheists and I can prove it.

bandnerd
03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I am, but I don't see how you can prove that every single person who is a member of this forum is. Do you propose to tell people what they think?

Dustbowl
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, I am, but I don't see how you can prove that every single person who is a member of this forum is. Do you propose to tell people what they think?

No, I won't tell anyone what they think or should think. I will prove they are Atheists with their own words. I will only ask a few questions and it will become clear that they are all Atheists.

That's pretty brave to admit that you are an Atheist.

Karried
03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Why do you care if people are athiests or not?

Just curious?

Dustbowl
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Why do you care if people are athiests or not?

Just curious?
I don't. I'm just making a point that all people are Atheists.

Why don't you apply that same logic to the other threads concerning religion? Ask them why they care about whether people believe in "god' or not. Is that not a double standard?

mheaton76
03-09-2008, 10:41 PM
My church preference is Gothic - never been a fan of Romanesque personally. And besides, you get the cool flying buttress that way.

www.unitedstatesofmichael.com

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Are you going to use the logic that most Christians are Atheists...Because once a Christian can understand and explain why they don't believe in all other gods, they'll then understand why you don't believe in theirs?

Or are you going straight to the the whole "we're all Atheists, I just believe in one less God than you" answer?

andy157
03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
All of you are Atheists and I can prove it.Come on man......The suspense is killing me

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Are you going to use the logic that most Christians are Atheists...Because once a Christian can understand and explain why they don't believe in all other gods, they'll then understand why you don't believe in theirs?

Or are you going straight to the the whole "we're all Atheists, I just believe in one less God than you" answer?

Bingo. See? I didn't have to say anything. You just proved it for me.:Smiley112

See Sam Harris and George Carlin for more on this.

Trust in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/)

bandnerd
03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Why is it brave of me to admit my lack of religious beliefs? Pretty much everyone on here knows that I am a non-believer, my husband knows and accepts it, so unless you think I'm in some sort of danger for saying that, I'm not quit sure where you are coming from.

RAmen.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Why is it brave of me to admit my lack of religious beliefs? Pretty much everyone on here knows that I am a non-believer, my husband knows and accepts it, so unless you think I'm in some sort of danger for saying that, I'm not quit sure where you are coming from.

RAmen.

Well, because if you don't believe the mainstream Christian doctrine in this City, you are in the vast minority. Americans trust Islamists more than Atheists in most polls that I've seen. I was trying to give you a soft compliment. Nevermind.
I can' t even get along with a fellow Atheist without conflict. Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!!!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, because if you don't believe the mainstream Christian doctrine in this City, you are in the vast minority. Americans trust Islamists more than Atheists in most polls that I've seen. I was trying to give you a soft compliment. Nevermind.
I can' t even get along with a fellow Atheist without conflict. Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!!!

Atheists are also more hated than gays, and have an agenda to ruin AMURKA TOO!

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 09:42 AM

AND we voted NO on the Ford Center. :dizzy:
I'm trying to ruin the world.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 09:47 AM
AND we voted NO on the Ford Center. :dizzy:
I'm trying to ruin the world.

Not all of you voted no ;)

kmf563
03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
well I am not an atheist and I think you all have a right to believe in whatever you choose to believe in. I also have gay friends and I don't think they are ruining Amurka.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" - Luke 6:37

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 09:52 AM
well I am not an atheist and I think you all have a right to believe in whatever you choose to believe in. I also have gay friends and I don't think they are ruining Amurka.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" - Luke 6:37

Now try and convince other Christians to vote that way. You'll be labeled an insider in their plot to take over the world with godless gay babies.

kmf563
03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
lol. I've been labelled a lot at this point in my life, I couldn't give a flip less. My job isn't to try to convince anyone to do anything. I do what I think is right and others will either do as I do or rot in hell. haha. kidding. =]

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 10:05 AM
lol...My job is to replace all the LifeChurch and Mormon propaganda that people leave all over our breakroom with letters from Penthouse Forum.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
lol...My job is to replace all the LifeChurch and Mormon propaganda that people leave all over our breakroom with letters from Penthouse Forum.

I have a question? If god created everything and knows all and sees all, why does he always ask for money? Every churchy thing is always asking for money. God must not know how to balance a checkbook. Maybe we could take some of that money and get him enrolled in a personal finance class.

Idea lifted from G. Carlin.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Ooooh...Don't get people started on tithing.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Interesting stats;

Atheist Empire: Atheist Population Statistics (http://atheistempire.com/reference/stats/index.html)

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Ooooh...Don't get people started on tithing.

Well, why doesn't he just give everyone more money and solve their problems? The Federal Reserve prints money day and night. Someone send god a memo and tell him that Bernanke is printing money.

FritterGirl
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM

If I weren't 100% confident that you're not my husband, I'd swear, with that remark, that you are my husband. CLASSIC!!!!!

NE Oasis
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I have a question? If god created everything and knows all and sees all, why does he always ask for money? Every churchy thing is always asking for money. God must not know how to balance a checkbook. Maybe we could take some of that money and get him enrolled in a personal finance class.

Idea lifted from G. Carlin.

:ot: Give it a rest or start a new thread. I'd suggest the former if you want to inflame, the latter if you are intersted in a serious discussion

kmf563
03-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Why would God give everyone more money? Isn't it considered the root of all evil? So why would he want people to have more of the root of all evil?

I don't look at giving the church money any differently than buying girl scout cookies or helping out the local shelter. It's a donation to a worthy cause. I don't think God wants it and I don't do it because someone says I have to.

I wish someone would leave something interesting like that in our breakroom! good job OGTS.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
:ot: Give it a rest or start a new thread. I'd suggest the former if you want to inflame, the latter if you are intersted in a serious discussion

UH, I did start this thread. Tell those bible believers to stop inflaming the Atheists. Your logic is goofy.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Why would God give everyone more money? Isn't it considered the root of all evil? So why would he want people to have more of the root of all evil?

I don't look at giving the church money any differently than buying girl scout cookies or helping out the local shelter. It's a donation to a worthy cause. I don't think God wants it and I don't do it because someone says I have to.

I wish someone would leave something interesting like that in our breakroom! good job OGTS.

Well, if it's the root of all evil, why do they collect that evil stuff at every church in town on every Sunday? Also, why are god's prophets on TV always asking for that evil stuff?

If you want to donate to a cause, you have every right.

bandnerd
03-10-2008, 12:08 PM

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!!

bandnerd
03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
This thread is so useless...

Thanks for the soft compliment. I'm not sure how to take it. The context of saying I was "brave" was not really all complimenty-sounding. Perhaps I just need a compliment that is a little more...hard....ha.

Midtowner
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM

I think money is the root of all that is good. It is justice embodied (at least in a capitalist society).

What you're saying there is hardly a truism.

kmf563
03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I think money is the root of all that is good. It is justice embodied (at least in a capitalist society).

What you're saying there is hardly a truism.

I was being a smart donkey. Haven't you ever heard that saying about money?

Midtowner
03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I was being a smart donkey. Haven't you ever heard that saying about money?

I've heard it. I think it's communist propaganda :)

kmf563
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
nah, the atheists created that. They want us to give it all to them and not God.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I was being a smart donkey.

A smart Democrat?

UNPOSSIBLE.

Midtowner
03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
nah, the atheists created that. They want us to give it all to them and not God.

Why does God need money?

kmf563
03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
A smart Democrat?

UNPOSSIBLE.

Irregardless of the possibleness of the democratic brain capabilities, some of us in amurka are smartly democratic. Wow! I sounded like a republican there!! who knew.

Why does God need money?

Why ask why... bud dry.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Why does God need money?

Same reason I do.

Bigger TV.

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Why does God need money?

That's my question also. His phrophets on TV ask for it all the time. The churches ask for it every Sunday. God is obviously not good with money because he keeps running out.

bandnerd
03-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Preacher needs a new watch...

Preacher needs a new car....

Edmond_Outsider
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Its' THE LOVE OF MONEY not money itself that is the "root of all evil."

I think the corollary to that is "Unless you have some, then it's really cool."

angel27
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I'll bite. How can you prove that I am an athiest? and while you're at it, what is Amurka? and whats with FSM? This is all very silly. We all have a right to our beliefs...

Dustbowl
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll bite. How can you prove that I am an athiest? and while you're at it, what is Amurka? and whats with FSM? This is all very silly. We all have a right to our beliefs...
I don't care what your beliefs are. Nope, none, nada.
Silly? How about Christianity? That's pretty silly to some people. I never made the comment AMURKA.
I will although AW GAWD let the cat out of the bag, I think he used his brain, hope it didn't hurt too much.

For many, many years some humans on Earth believed there was supreme god named Zeus. They worshipped him, wrote stories and songs about him and in many way altered their lives according to what they thought Zeus would or could do. He was as real to them as your god is to you.

Do you believe that Zeus is a god?

Patrick
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

So is Christianity from a lot of people's view, but that never stops Christians from bringing it up.

angel27
03-11-2008, 07:09 AM
I believe that Zeus was man's way of trying to make sense of the world without benefit of further information. I further think that Zues stories enrich our world today if we let ourselves think about them. I think there is benefit in alot of religions in our world and that we are rich that way... there are so many avenues to God. But I also love that in our country you have the right to not choose that path at all, and I respect that too.

Midtowner
03-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I believe that Zeus was man's way of trying to make sense of the world without benefit of further information. I further think that Zues stories enrich our world today if we let ourselves think about them. I think there is benefit in alot of religions in our world and that we are rich that way... there are so many avenues to God. But I also love that in our country you have the right to not choose that path at all, and I respect that too.

I choose Zeus.

I want my God to be a playa.

That Zeus guy got around.

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I choose Zeus.

I want my God to be a playa.

That Zeus guy got around.

Zeus was pretty good. My personal fav is Kukulcan.
Mayan Gods and Goddesses - Crystalinks (http://www.crystalinks.com/mayangods.html)

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 09:48 AM

OK, here we go:

Zeus was Ok without benefit of further information? What information were they missing?

One of the benefits of religion is war and genocide. Christians always leave that one out. Your christian god was the world's largest mass murderer. It's all right there in your holy bible. World flooding, killing innocent first-born's, drowning Egyptians in the sea, etc. Not to mention that extremist religion today is responsible for WTC disaster, Middle East war, etc. Your christian god proclaims that he loves us like children and then holds something like hell over you to force you to do his will. On Earth, we would call that paranoid, schitzophrenic, narcissistc and psychopathic. See Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) (http://allpsych.com/disorders/dsm.html)

Our country isn't the only country that allows religious freedom. Although religion and politics are becoming more intertwined here than ever before.

Read these words of a famous christian and tell me you don't get a chill down your back. The Religious Views of Adolf Hitler (http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/quotes_hitler.html)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Dude...You just Godwinned your own thread.

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Dude...You just Godwinned your own thread.

What? I don't understand that term.

No, I didn't compare anyone to Hitler. I made a point about extreme religious views and the results.

Martin
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
godwin's law... any discussion on the internet, given enough time, will eventually devolve into one party drawing a comparison with hitler and/or nazis. the party making such comparison automatically loses the debate. sorry. i don't make the rules.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Godwin's Law. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
godwin's law... any discussion on the internet, given enough time, will eventually devolve into one party drawing a comparison with hitler and/or nazis. the party making such comparison automatically loses the debate. sorry. i don't make the rules.

-M

Where did I compare anyone to Hitler. Prove it.

Martin
03-11-2008, 10:06 AM
read these words of a famous christian and tell me you don't get a chill down your back. the religious views of adolf hitler

no, i didn't compare anyone to hitler. i made a point about extreme religious views and the results.

you sir, deserve one of these: -M
https://webspace.utexas.edu/warnerwt/picard-facepalm.jpg

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Dustbowl's Law:

Given enough time on any message board someone will make a snarky comment which shows that they aren't interested in discussing the issue in any serious or humorous way. This usually defines that person as a shallow thinker. All shallow thinkers are fair game for jokes, ridicule and BBQ. Any person who says "you just don't get it". Is automatically hiding something important and should ne questioned further about their motives. Sound familiar?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Where did I compare anyone to Hitler. Prove it.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/imawingnut/nocluesf5.jpg

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 10:11 AM
you sir, deserve one of these: -M
https://webspace.utexas.edu/warnerwt/picard-facepalm.jpg

I reject Godwins Law and have asserted my own law. I also never compared anyone to Hitler. Answer this: was Hitler a christian or an atheist? Does that violate Godwin's Law?

Dustbowl
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/imawingnut/nocluesf5.jpg

Are you applying all of Godwin's Law or just part of it? Read the entire section below.

Godwin's Law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Hitler or Nazis or their actions. It does not apply to discussions directly addressing genocide, propaganda, or other mainstays of the Nazi regime.[citation needed] Whether it applies to humorous use or references to oneself is open to interpretation, because although mentioning and trivializing Nazism in an online discussion, this would not be a fallacious attack against a debate opponent.

However, Godwin's Law itself can be abused, as a distraction or diversion, that fallaciously miscasts an opponent's argument as hyperbole, especially if the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate. A 2005 Reason magazine article argued that Godwin's Law is often misused to ridicule even valid comparisons.[9]

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Are you applying all of Godwin's Law or just part of it? Read the entire section below.

Godwin's Law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Hitler or Nazis or their actions. It does not apply to discussions directly addressing genocide, propaganda, or other mainstays of the Nazi regime.[citation needed] Whether it applies to humorous use or references to oneself is open to interpretation, because although mentioning and trivializing Nazism in an online discussion, this would not be a fallacious attack against a debate opponent.

However, Godwin's Law itself can be abused, as a distraction or diversion, that fallaciously miscasts an opponent's argument as hyperbole, especially if the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate. A 2005 Reason magazine article argued that Godwin's Law is often misused to ridicule even valid comparisons.[9]

The rule does not make any statement whether any particular reference or comparison to Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that one arising is increasingly probable. It is precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.

bandnerd
03-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Zeus has some serious game. Now, Hades had to lure women down to him and trick them into staying for a few months. Hades doesn't have game.

Snark. Snark. Snark.