View Full Version : SaveOurSonics

Karried
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
uh oh..... 9th hour but still trying... should we be worried?

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sports/2008/03/09/fujita.sonics.rally.komo)

betts
03-09-2008, 05:11 PM
There were 200 people there. I don't know what they consider an impressive number of people. The bottom line remains that unless Clay Bennett is willing to sell the team, which I think he would be a fool to do, or unless the arena financiers are willing to pay for the arena regardless of who the owner is (and come up with a financial package agreeable to Clay Bennett) they can rally away. Were I Clay Bennett, the only way I would sell the Sonics is if I had an alternate offer of an expansion team or another city's team guaranteed.

dcsooner
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I do not think this is necessarily ominous, BUT, I would like for our side (owners) to unequivocially state (publicly) that the team is not going to be sold and that regardless of the final hour efforts by Seattle their intent is to relocate to OKC. After Seattles over year long snub, I do not have any guilt about the team leaving and Seattle having to start like we did to get another franchise. We (OKC) seem to be afraid because of the upcoming vote to voice our intense desire to have THIS team w/o the name/colors and history. OKC has bent over backwards for this or another team and anything but an NBA franchise for OKC after April 18th would be a travesty.

Sea-Town Sonics
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
why would you feel guilty in the first place? You dont have the Sonics.

dcsooner
03-10-2008, 04:55 AM
You may very well be right, but, I do know that Seattles run at ramrodding owners may be ending. So far, you guys are batting a thousand in keeping your teams, bravo, but this time maybe different, we shall see.