03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
wow, was this post really necessary??

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I thought this thread could be about good ways to get
from one place to another.

For example: the best way to get from Baptist Hosptial to
the Edmond Public Library.

Or, from the Ford Center to Belle Isle Library.

You know. Best routes or the most scenic.

solitude
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Troll alert.

betts
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Western is my favorite way to get from anywhere to anywhere (if we're being serious here). I really like driving along it and looking at the restaurants and antique shops, scooter store (all the pretty colored scooters!), seeing what neighborhoods look like they're being fixed up, etc.

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I was definitely being serious. And I also like going down Western,
but especially from south OKC to Norman. It makes me feel like
we still have country around and it's not just all city.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
The city is laid out in a grid. Pretty much the entire metropolitan area is. The best way to get from A to B is: Left, right, straight, straight, straight, straight, OMG THE ROAD CURVES! SOMEBODY CALL ODOT! ZOMG!, straight, straight, stop.

*rinse hands, repeat to get home*

Seriously, this is the easiest city I've ever been to for navigation purposes.

kevinpate
03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
> easiest city I've ever been to for navigation purposes

Agreed, though there was days gone by when it was left, right straight, danged, another detour, left straight, sheeesh, left, striaght, omg!, right right straight straight, now I'm getting steamed, left straight ARRRRGH

MrZ
03-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I work at home. Takes me about 10 seconds to get to my desk from my bed.

I do like the drive south on Western going into Norman though. Good road to drive down with the windows down and the radio playing.

bkm645
03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I live in SW OKC/Moore, I go to school at UCO, and I work downtown. Some days it will take me 45 min to get to UCO from home, but it makes it nice to work downtown since it half-way in between home home and school.

kevinpate
03-10-2008, 05:44 AM
I used to take Western from Norman into OKC on a semi-regular basis, just to regain a touch of the non-city feel. Lots of fields are now housing.

However, Western to 149th, W to Meridian, N to SW119th, W to Council and N to 40 is still a nice way to skip most of the city when the need arises for heading west, and with the north loop, even a nice way, although a longer loop, if the ultimate destination is north or northeast