View Full Version : "How long has it been since you prayed..."

Ginkasa
03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
"...to the porcelain god? Well, that's too long."

That was/is on a sign outside Moore Liquor on 4th street. That seems to me to be advertising excessive drinking. It seems to me there should be regulations and restrictions on advertising that kind of thing... Is there not?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-07-2008, 11:42 PM
So what? I'm offended by goats, but that doesn't mean that I can sue somebody that puts one on a billboard.

Just because it offends you doesn't mean you have a right to make them take it down.

Ginkasa
03-08-2008, 05:21 AM
So, no? Thanks for answering a simple question.

No need to get so defensive. I didn't say anything about suing anybody or making anyone taking it down. I was just surprised they could advertise drinking excessively.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Well, to you it's drinking excessively, to some of the rest of us, it's a Tuesday.

J/K.

I wasn't trying to sound defensive, and I wasn't trying to rip on your or your opinions...As usual...What's funny in my head doesn't always translate well to the intertubes. I was working the goat angle more than the "take it down" angle.
:sofa:

Midtowner
03-08-2008, 06:44 AM
It's not illegal to drink excessively. It may be stupid.. but not illegal.

My immediate response to this is "Darwin."

If someone hurts themselves because they read a stupid sign, then fine... we're thinning the herd.

Dustbowl
03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
It's not illegal to drink excessively. It may be stupid.. but not illegal.

My immediate response to this is "Darwin."

If someone hurts themselves because they read a stupid sign, then fine... we're thinning the herd.

I agree with that. I'm leaving Tuesday to an Island off of Cancun. You take a ferry from Cancun to this little Island. When you get off the ferry, There is a small bar there with a great sign: :Our beer is so cold it makes your teeth hurt". I love that sign and I always drink a Sol beer there before heading to the house.

Dustbowl
03-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Signs I have seen in bars in this town:

Free beer to any female that flashes her t&^s I was in this bar watching a game and a bike poker run came in. About 30 bikes. A woman asked the beer slinger if that was true and it cost them that day's profits, much to the delight of the customers. They took the sign down.

We are not responsible for ass kickings because you act stupid.

No bums allowed, unless you have cash.

Why don't you ever see a Harley parked in front of a Psychiatrists office?

Free beer tomorrow.

No body parts on the pool tables.

More when I can think of them.......

Easy180
03-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree with that. I'm leaving Tuesday to an Island off of Cancun. You take a ferry from Cancun to this little Island. When you get off the ferry, There is a small bar there with a great sign: :Our beer is so cold it makes your teeth hurt". I love that sign and I always drink a Sol beer there before heading to the house.

Isla Mujeres right?....Always take a day trip over there....Playa Norte is fantastic

Dustbowl
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Isla Mujeres right?....Always take a day trip over there....Playa Norte is fantastic

Yes. Love the place. Laid back and slow. I hear the high season volume is way down this year. I rent a friends's casita on the north side of the island. It's on the edge of the La Gloria neighborhood on the beach.

Karried
03-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Take me with you.

Dustbowl
03-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Take me with you.
Sorry, new girlfriend has that covered. LOL I will try and get some pics and post them.