View Full Version : Best Forum on The Web

Kerry
03-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I use to think OKC talk was the best discussion site on the web but that award now has to go to the Sonics board on the Seattle Times web site. Post for post, it is the most entertaining board going. There are more conspiracy theories and half-baked plans flying around that place than at an OJ trial. For those that haven't been there give it a gander. Be careful posting though. Unless you plan to suck up to Seattle you will not be well received. Also, those with thin skin probably shouldn't check it out.

The Seattle Times: View Forum - Sonics (http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=44)

Easy180
03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
You are a fan favorite over there for sure Kerry

OU Adonis
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Whats your posting name over there kerry? And Easy, your not so popular yourself. Hah. I rarely post because they are a pack of wolves over there.

Kerry
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I post under the id OKC2008. However, they call me OKCnevaeva for some reason. I guess that is west coast elitiest slang for "never ever".

OU Adonis
03-08-2008, 06:02 PM
So THATS who is OKC2008. Funny stuff. They have a bunker mentality up there. I post under The Rooster.

SouthsideSooner
03-08-2008, 08:28 PM
It can be fun and we're pretty well behaved......most the time.

I'm Get Real.

Kerry
03-08-2008, 09:20 PM
You guys are going to have to step it up a notch to reach my troll status. I first went to that site to get the Seattle point of view but after reading the first few posts I decided to take the gloves off. Of course calling the OKC posters trolls shows just how wacked-out that group is. You can pick any 20 of their posts at random and you would be lucky to find a single accurate "fact".

Keep up the good work guys.

SouthsideSooner
03-08-2008, 09:36 PM
You guys are going to have to step it up a notch to reach my troll status. I first went to that site to get the Seattle point of view but after reading the first few posts I decided to take the gloves off. Of course calling the OKC posters trolls shows just how wacked-out that group is. You can pick any 20 of their posts at random and you would be lucky to find a single accurate "fact".

Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks to you, Kerry. The rest of us come off as civil.

Easy180's the best at poking them and making them like it.

SouthsideSooner
03-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's an example of Kerry's rib poking in response to some stupid remarks about how much the buyout number should be. I spit wine on my keyboard when I read this....

"I would be 100% in favor of Bennett just staying the 2 more years and leave Seattle with a huge debt. That will give OKC 2 years to get the Ford Center upgrade done. Plus they could tank a few more years and get some more first round picks. And no way would I leave the team colors and name there. I would transfer them to Tulsa's D-league team. Then I would retire all the great Sonic jerseys to the rafters at BOK Center in Tulsa. How much would it be worth to prevent that?"