View Full Version : Screen Names

OKCDrummer77
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Just for fun, I wanted to see if anyone has an interesting story behind their screen names. Mine's nothing special, but I'll start anyway just to get the ball rolling:

OKC = the city I live in and love.
Drummer = one of my longtime hobbies
77 = the year I was born, non-Y2K-compliant version.

Anyone else? There MUST be a story behind "Oh GAWD the Smell!!" :eek:

Or do we really want to know?

bandnerd
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm a band director. Pretty non-eventful name. This is the only place I have this screen name, though. I usually use the same one for most things. I don't remember why I chose something different for this forum.

OKCDrummer77
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Same here. I decided I wanted something different for this forum. Truth be told, I spent about 5 minutes staring at the registration screen trying to think of something new.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
"Ronald Reagan's Communist Doppleganger" wouldn't fit, so all I got was this lousy username.

Martin
03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
i fully admit to having the worst screen name.

i signed up to ask an okc related question thinking i'd never post again... so i hit the 'm' key three times instead of coming up with something. ta-da!

-M

kmf563
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
pretty tough. it's my initials. and their relative numbers on phone keys.

flintysooner
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
When I was a kid my dad brought home our first TV in 1956. The following year Wagon Train debuted and my favorite character was Flint McCullough. I tried to get everyone to call me Flint but to no avail. But that's where I got the "Flint."

And "sooner" is because I graduated from OU.

The "y" was my way of joining the two.

I had to have a screen name well before I found OKCTalk so I just continued using "flintysooner."

Oh GAWD the Smell!
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
pretty tough. it's my initials. and their relative numbers on phone keys.

That's funny...When I was responsible for setting/resetting the combos on a dozen safes many moons ago, I used the numbers that corresponded with short phrases spelled out on a phone. "Im an ox" and whatnot. It made them 100 times easier to remember.

OKCDrummer77
03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i fully admit to having the worst screen name.

i signed up to ask an okc related question thinking i'd never post again... so i hit the 'm' key three times instead of coming up with something. ta-da!

-M

All this time I thought it was a tribute to the Crash Test Dummies. :dizzy:

drum4no1
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Well I play drums, and after I quit playing in bands and I told someone I played drums they would ask " who do you drum for? And I would answer no one.

Easy180
03-06-2008, 09:24 PM
High school baseball nickname....Anti creative so really couldn't come up with anything else

CuatrodeMayo
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
My birthday is May 4th. And I'm not even close to hispanic.

Karried
03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
lol... we are so creative.. my first name Karrie and last initial D ... how clever, how original! Not.

FritterGirl
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
My birthday is May 4th. And I'm not even close to hispanic.

I've been wondering about that. I'm a May 4th baby, too!!

My name is derived from a blog I got started (frittergirl is only part of the name).

Fritter was inspired by the sign that the North Fork put up right after they first opened. So as not to alienate the Applewood's crowd, they put up this huge yellow banner right on the side of Memorial road that said "We got Fritters!"

It absolutely cracked me up, so I had to figure out a way to use it somehow. It represents the fact that I do, indeed, love fritters, and in addition to that, love to fritter about at 11:41 p.m. on the computer.

As for the "girl" part, well, duh!

AFCM
03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll never forget hearing this while in SF school: "In the Air Force, you 'Aim High'...in Security Forces, we "Aim for Center Mass'"!

So, a while ago I started using 'AimForCenterMass' as a screen name on other sites. For some reason or other, the site wouldn't let me use AimForCenterMass, so I shortened it to AFCM. I've considered switching back to 'AimForCenterMass' to keep the continuity, though.

solitude
03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I'll never forget hearing this while in SF school: "In the Air Force, you 'Aim High'...in Security Forces, we "Aim for Center Mass'"!

So, a while ago I started using 'AimForCenterMass' as a screen name on other sites. For some reason or other, the site wouldn't let me use AimForCenterMass, so I shortened it to AFCM. I've considered switching back to 'AimForCenterMass' to keep the continuity, though.

Interesting. Marines or Air Force?

CuatrodeMayo
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
I've been wondering about that. I'm a May 4th baby, too!!

My name is derived from a blog I got started (frittergirl is only part of the name).

Fritter was inspired by the sign that the North Fork put up right after they first opened. So as not to alienate the Applewood's crowd, they put up this huge yellow banner right on the side of Memorial road that said "We got Fritters!"

It absolutely cracked me up, so I had to figure out a way to use it somehow. It represents the fact that I do, indeed, love fritters, and in addition to that, love to fritter about at 11:41 p.m. on the computer.

As for the "girl" part, well, duh!

You are the first person I have ever met who shares my birthday! The completely unspectacular, unremarkable, date with absolutley no historical significance. I figure that is why I was born that day...to make it a day to celebrate...:tiphat:

SoonerQueen
03-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm like one of the biggest OU fans ever, and as a little girl I always wanted to be a Queen. So now I am even if I had to crown myself.lol

soonerfan21
03-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Since the "Queen" stole that name that rightfully should have been mine:boxing2: I had to settle for Sooner Fan and the number 21 which is my birthday day of the month. not especially clever but looking above it fits in with this crowd!

Midtowner
03-07-2008, 07:31 AM
I live and work in Midtown.

Hence the name.

MadMonk
03-07-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm an angry monastic.

Yeah

I'm also an early 20th century Russian mystic.

Yeah, that's the ticket. :)

so1rfan
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
I thought I jump on this "sooner" bandwagon.

I started using so1rfan about ten or fifteen years ago when I tried to set up a yahoo e-mail address and soonerfan@yahoo.com was already taken. It's one of those V8 moments when people figure it out.

I use it for ebay, e-mail, other forums,etc. I even have a license plate on my pickup that says SO1RFAN that always gets comments.

A little self promotion as far as my use of so1rfan:

so1rfan on deviantART (http://so1rfan.deviantart.com/)

A word of caution, since the deviantart website community allows artistic nudes the above link may not be allowed at some places of business. My part of the site however contains no mature content.

kmf563
03-07-2008, 08:06 AM
That's really creative. I never knew what your name was so1rfan. I'm kind of slow sometimes. lol.

It reminds me of the Oneders and how they were called the Oh-need-ers.

FFLady
03-07-2008, 08:23 AM
My husband is retired OKC Fire Fighter, and I'm his lady! :bright_id

:biggrin:

Karried
03-07-2008, 08:26 AM
oh duh.. I get it! so oner fan .... = soonerfan!

I was sitting sounding it out .. so won(one) er fan for the longest time - yeah, yeah, I'm blonde. so what.

lol

Matt
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
My name's Matt.

kevinpate
03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
take a guess :)

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-07-2008, 05:50 PM
[I][I]Nothing really interesting about mine.

AFCM
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Interesting. Marines or Air Force?

Air Force. I was days away from shipping out for the Marines when I changed my mind, thanks to the recommendations from prior-service members. Unfortunately, when I was 18, none of the intelligent-minded specialties intrigued me. I was initially interested in TACP, but didn't do so well in the depth perception test. So, SF it was, which seemed to be the best of both worlds.

After doing a few years of that in active duty, I wised up and retrained into Intel. I had the option of retraining into OSI, K9, or CATM but I didn't want to remain active. So, now I'm a weekend warrior in intelligence and loving it.

solitude
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
AFCM: We'll have to talk about that someday. Wise decision going SF with the Air Force!

SoonerQueen
03-09-2008, 03:51 AM
To Soonerfan21.......You could always be Sooner Princess.lol Hey, it was just an idea.

Ms.Relaxationstation
03-09-2008, 12:12 PM
When I joined this site I was newly a Ms (from a Mrs.)
and I was also in the massage business.

I still do massages just more into my other business of music teaching.

There you have it! No mystery left here!

Dustbowl
03-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Although some people think my handle is negative, I have been using it for years on other national boards and it lets people know where I'm from geographically. You would be surprised how many people I have directed to this event in history around the world. My family endured the DB and I have many memories of my family discussing survival and how people had to come together to survive. It just stuck.

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I didn't think it was negative. It actually reminded me of
something else.

Lauri101
03-13-2008, 05:06 AM
My first name is Lauri
The starting (basic) class level in most colleges is 101

I'm just basic Lauri - WYSWYG (what you see is what you get)

PennyQuilts
03-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Mine is pretty obvious.

Harvey Hudson
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I live between Harvey and Hudson...... Plus I thought it came together quite well.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Mine's a song i remember in music class in 2nd grade and a fast food resuraunt, but I think I posted that somewhere else around here.

News2me
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I work in the TV news industry. I have always wanted to get this "News2me" as a license plate, but never have. I thought I would try it out as a screen name first LOL.

chekkie
03-14-2008, 01:18 PM
my best friend began calling me Chekkie (SHEH-kee) in 1995 for no apparent reason. i'm stuck with it not just as a screen name, but even as a nickname! i guess it could be worse...

RRH
03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
"Restless Robin Hood", although my wife says it stands for "Roped, Rassled and Hogtied".

FFLady
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I live between Harvey and Hudson...... Plus I thought it came together quite well.

Brilliant!!! :Smiley036

soonerfan21
03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I will take the Sooner Queen up on the Princess title - as i have been called a lot worse by Pokes and others . . .:beaten_fi