View Full Version : Live Election Results

julieriggs
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
On Home | Vote Yes March 4! (http://www.BigLeagueCity.com)

Votes counted as of 8:35 p.m. March 4, 2008 - (80% of precincts reporting) :
YES 61%
NO 39%

CCOKC
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I must say I am pleasantly suprised with the results. I have been psyching myself up all day just knowing that this was going to fail miserably. All I heard all day was that every polling place was filled with elderly people who would presumably vote against this. I guess I should not pigeon hole people like that but I did. Congratulations to everybody here who did so much to make this a successful vote for the progress to our city. Just another step in making my dream come true of living in a true "Major League City". Now maybe my kids won't move away after they graduate from college. I think I"ll leave my yard sign up just one more day instead of slinking back to my house tonight and removing it in the cover of darkness.

julieriggs
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Votes counted as of 9:00 p.m. March 4, 2008 - (86% of precincts reporting):
YES 62%
NO 38%

Karried
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm going to cry ... allejuia!

dcsooner
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I too have a renewed PRIDE in OKC. Thanks to ALL who believe the city should continue to grow and prosper. I have always wanted my State and
Capital City to be recognized for the great place it is this will allow almost year round exposure. I'm just estatic

Architect2010
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Its final...

Yes 61.9% 44,849
No 38.1% 27,564

CrimsonOberon
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
This is a great day for Oklahoma City.

Cliche? Maybe.

True? Abso-friggin-lutely.

I love you all!:congrats:

metro
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm glad to hear it passed by such a large margin. I had a feeling this was a 60/40 issue but all the negativity and the inaccurate nonscientific polls had me a little more concerned it would be a closer vote. What a great and historic day for our city! The naysayers will probably deny their NO vote 10 years from now with all that the new Ford Center will bring us. I went to the watch party at Nonna's (although late), excellent turnout, it was elbow to elbow the entire upstairs. Saw Doug, Steve Lackmeyer, most Chamber higher ups including Roy Williams, Urban Neighbors people, Bart Connor and his wife Nadia Comanici (sp?), John Q. Porter (who was for the vote, but ironically some of his supporters were against because of the schools issue), and tons of local media. Mick was proud that this passed by such a large margin and mentioned that most cities would love to have something pass like this by such a wide margin. I have to agree. Thanks to Nonna's for TONS of high quality free appetizers. Can't wait until I can buy some Sonics season tix!

I hope David Glover had fun with his 15 minutes of fame.

julieriggs
03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
FINAL ELECTION RESULTS
Votes counted as of 9:30 p.m. March 4, 2008:
(100% of precincts reporting)
YES 62%
NO 38%

Easy180
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm glad to hear it passed by such a large margin. I had a feeling this was a 60/40 issue but all the negativity and the inaccurate nonscientific polls had me a little more concerned it would be a closer vote. What a great and historic day for our city! The naysayers will probably deny their NO vote 10 years from now with all that the new Ford Center will bring us. I went to the watch party at Nonna's (although late), excellent turnout, it was elbow to elbow the entire upstairs. Saw Doug, Steve Lackmeyer, most Chamber higher ups including Roy Williams, Urban Neighbors people, Bart Connor and his wife Nadia Comanici (sp?), John Q. Porter (who was for the vote, but ironically some of his supporters were against because of the schools issue), and tons of local media. Mick was proud that this passed by such a large margin and mentioned that most cities would love to have something pass like this by such a wide margin. I have to agree. Thanks to Nonna's for TONS of high quality free appetizers. Can't wait until I can buy some Sonics season tix!

I hope David Glover had fun with his 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe he and Wanda can have brunch sometime...Glad most folks saw through his bad math and realized this deal was just too good to pass up

jbrown84
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
John Porter???? Whaaaa? I thought he left town a long time ago.

I didn't go to the watch party, because on newsok, it said it was not open to the public.