View Full Version : Why does BLC OKC will own the practice facility?

AFCM
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Why Vote? | Vote Yes March 4! (http://www.bigleaguecity.com/why-vote)

The third bullet states the City will own the practice facility. What's with that?

I apologize if this question has already be posted.

BDP
03-04-2008, 07:32 PM
The city will own it and any team that wants to use will have to negotiate for the rights to use it, along with any other outfit that may want to use it. It would simply be another public asset.

AFCM
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I was reading somewhere that it would be owned by the team; or maybe that it would be used only by the team. That's probably what it was. My bad.

Kerry
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
It is possible that an NBA team could sign an exclusive use contract for the practice facility. That wil be up to contract negotiations between the city and the NBA. BassPro has an exclusive use lease with the building in Bricktown.

bornhere
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
There are a lot of companies in the state whose buildings and/or the land upon which they stand are technically public property. That's not unusual.

fubaduba
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
These crafty businessmen have a leg up on us...they can say they'll just go somewhere else if we don't rent the practice facility out to them for a very, very low price.

The city will own it and any team that wants to use will have to negotiate for the rights to use it, along with any other outfit that may want to use it. It would simply be another public asset.

betts
03-05-2008, 01:01 AM
These crafty businessmen have a leg up on us...they can say they'll just go somewhere else if we don't rent the practice facility out to them for a very, very low price.

Ah, but they're not making us pay a penny of their purchase price for the Sonics, so we're getting the better part of the deal regardless. Let's wait and see how the contract reads, as supposition and a dollar will get you on the subway.

fubaduba
03-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Hopefully not. Remember that "reimbursements" clause on the ballot.