View Full Version : Purely Sinful closes down

mecarr
03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Purely Sinful, the nightclub\danceclub in Bricktown is no more. I think it added kind of a slimey feel, so I'm not too disappointed. Hopefully something else will take its place soon. I got this news from the blog at blog.newsok.com/okccentral

viet-my
03-03-2008, 09:57 PM
They actually have been closed now for a couple of months. One of the owners opened Rok bar. The entire pure staff is over there.

metro
03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not surprised, it did seem to attract the wrong crowd.

jbrown84
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Where is ROK?

maestro
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
ROK is in the Miller Jackson Building at Street-Level, next to Stumpy's.

animeGhost
03-04-2008, 10:34 AM
what exactly is the "wrong crowd"

OKCisOK4me
03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
what exactly is the "wrong crowd"

Gun toters?

Although I know the owner of ROK, I did go to pure once and it was way too white in there. Not meaning the crowd but the walls, floors, everything. I think the wrong crowd went more to the club just down the block...Spice I think it is called. With the future developments of Bricktown expanding eastward, these clubs--now buildings--will soon not be on the outskirts of Bricktown anymore & therefore I think it was a good time for ROKbar owner to bail out.

Easy180
03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Been to ROK once and it was just OK inside...Of course it was packed, but there really isn't anything there to make a long run of it....I give it around a year until it opens up with another theme or goes under

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Maybe the owners could get an election going and have us subsidize it! Looks like I'm going to have to find another gin joint huh?

kevinpate
03-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I may be off base but it seems like there have been a large number of B-town bars/clubs that didn't make it very long. Wrong folks opening? Right folks, but inadequate capital? lack of critical mass to support the number of offerings?

I dunno, maybe even all of the above. I suspect some of you have opinions that will prove to be interesting.

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Well I guess you're not referring to me since I haven't had an
interesting opinion in quite some time.

If you don't believe me, I can give you my webpage address and
you can confirm it.

News2me
03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Clubs come and go like the seasons. I would like to see a classier, quieter, more upscale place open up in BT. Like that place above Nona's but bigger.