View Full Version : Can you vote in Tuesday's election? Find out

betts
03-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Tuesday's election is open to all Oklahoma City registered voters. That includes registered voters who may have a mailing address in another city but live within the geographical boundaries of Oklahoma City.

City officials said if you get an Oklahoma City water bill, you are an Oklahoma City resident.

Clock4869
03-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Can anyone tell me where i can go find out what area or what place i'm supposed to go vote? Is there a number i can call to go check? Also do you by chance know what times the polling places are open? Thanks for the info in advance.

betts
03-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Can anyone tell me where i can go find out what area or what place i'm supposed to go vote? Is there a number i can call to go check? Also do you by chance know what times the polling places are open? Thanks for the info in advance.

You can call the County Election Board to find out where you can go to vote. The number is 521-9321.

I believe the polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

You can also vote today(Monday) by going to the Oklahoma County Election Board on 4201 N Lincoln Blvd, probably between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Langston/OKC is at the same site.

Midtowner
03-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Good stuff. Thanks.

metro
03-03-2008, 07:33 AM
betts, Doug mentioned earlier the Election board is open 9am-6pm today and tomorrow as usual the polls are 7am-7pm. I just hope the bad weather doesn't detour too many voters. Seems like most important municipal elections we've had lately have all had crummy weather, the bond issue to name one.

FritterGirl
03-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Tuesday's election is open to all Oklahoma City registered voters. That includes registered voters who may have a mailing address in another city but live within the geographical boundaries of Oklahoma City.

City officials said if you get an Oklahoma City water bill, you are an Oklahoma City resident.

Remember though, betts, there are lots of people out there who rent. These people are also eligible to vote, even though they may not actually "receive" a water bill since it is delivered to the complex. Unless things have changed since the last time I rented an apartment, utilities and trash pick up services are often built into one's monthly rent amount.

A better way to look at it is if you live within the corporate limits of Oklahoma City, and are serviced by OKC Police or Fire (this includes everyone in rental properties), then you are eligible to vote if you have already registered to do so.

betts
03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks for that update. I didn't realize some renters don't receive water bills.

metro
03-03-2008, 08:09 AM
And some property owners don't receive water bills either. Since I live in a downtown condo that I own (ours and many HOA's pay the water bill in HOA fees) so many owners in OKC don't receive water bills either (including suburban subdivisions) because their HOA picks up the tab.

Watson410
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
by the way, that 521-9321 number is a disconnected number.

windowphobe
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Try 713-1515.