View Full Version : Custom Cabinets & Woodwork

hopk6662
02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
DELGADO TRIM CARPENTRY: Our company specializes in custom cabinets and fine woodwork. We have many satisfied customers in Norman, Moore, Edmond, Midwest city, Shawnee, and Seminole. We build our cabinets on site for better quality and to assure that they are built to our customer's specifications. We do work for individuals and builders alike. Some of the projects that we have worked on in the past range from 1200 sq.ft. to 6500 sq.ft. homes. We work on both remodels and new homes, residential and commercial. We have many picture portfolios of our work and general liability insurance coverage.

Also, we offer $100 to anyone who refers our services to someone else that accepts our bid and allows us to complete any project for them that is worth over $1,000 in labor, according to our bid. So, make as many referrals as you can. You just never know!

For estimates or information contact Jose at:

(405) 255-7148 CELL or
(405) 831-7263
(405) 878-8812 FAX
e-mail: delgadostrimcarpentry@hotmail.com
Website: DTC_Good_Site (http://www.delgadotrimcarpentry.com) View our pic portfolio online!
THANKS!

Martin
02-21-2008, 06:05 PM
would you guys do just doors and drawer facings? i messed up a couple years ago and had a nice granite countertop installed in my kitchen without replacing the cabinetry... now the cabinets look tired but i don't think i can just totally replace them without screwing up the countertop. anything you guys can do to spruce up the cabinets without destroying the countertop? -M

Karried
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
That's exactly the question I have! How strange... we also installed granite and our cabinets look ragged now.

I'm thinking refinishing would work but what a lot of work that is!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah!

Doors?

Martin
02-22-2008, 05:18 AM
unavailable for comment. -M
http://humormeblog.beloblog.com/archives/jim%20morrison

Martin
02-22-2008, 05:20 AM
i'm thinking refinishing would work but what a lot of work that is!
that's what i did... it was quite a bit of work stripping the paint, etc. i think i could live with the way they are if i just had a different door style.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-22-2008, 05:33 AM
i think i could live with the way they are if i just had a different door style.

-M

Buy their last album, it's a VERY different style.

hopk6662
02-22-2008, 06:57 AM
would you guys do just doors and drawer facings? i messed up a couple years ago and had a nice granite countertop installed in my kitchen without replacing the cabinetry... now the cabinets look tired but i don't think i can just totally replace them without screwing up the countertop. anything you guys can do to spruce up the cabinets without destroying the countertop? -M
Hello! Thank you for responding to our posting. Yes, we can build doors and drawer fronts for your cabinets. However, keep in mind that most likely the drawer fronts will be glued to the drawers, hence possibly ruining the structure of the drawer when the front is removed. So, these may have to be rebuilt; it really just depends on how the drawer fronts were installed. We will definitely try to salvage what we can.

We can also remove the granite countertop and build you all new cabinets to match your new countertop. We have special tools that allow us to remove these types of countertops with ease. Is your granite countertop all one piece? Is part of it cut at an angle with a seam?

If you can, send us some pictures of your cabinets through e-mail so that we can get a better idea of what we might have to do. Have you seen our picture gallery of cabinet styles on our website?

Click here to view them delgadotrimcarpentry.com

We can also e-mail you some pictures of cabinet door styles that we offer.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry

(405) 831-7263 Cell (Candace)
(405) 878-8812 Fax
(405) 255-7148 Cell (Jose)
E-mail: delgadostrimcarpentry@hotmail.com

hopk6662
02-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Sorry, our website link didn't work on my previous reply to you. Here is the right one: Products (http://delgadotrimcarpentry.com/dtc_good_site_002.htm)

Thanks!

hopk6662
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
That's exactly the question I have! How strange... we also installed granite and our cabinets look ragged now.

I'm thinking refinishing would work but what a lot of work that is!
Hello! You are right, cabinet refinishing is very time consuming and messy, however, it is a possibility. We can help you out as well as our other poster who is having the same problem! We can take off your countertop and install or build new cabinets with new doors or we can just replace the doors and drawer fronts. However, as I mentioned to the last poster, old drawers are most likely going to be tightly glued to the drawers themselves, which could end up ruining the drawer box when removed. So, these may or may not have to be rebuilt.

Here is a link to our website so that you can view the picture gallery of our work and get ideas: Products (http://delgadotrimcarpentry.com/dtc_good_site_002.htm)

Thanks!

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry

(405) 831-7263 Cell (Candace)
(405) 878-8812 Fax
(405) 255-7148 Cell (Jose)
E-mail: delgadostrimcarpentry@hotmail.com

Martin
02-22-2008, 07:37 AM
thanks for your reply! i did see your site... from the pics, it looks like your company does good work. i'll get some pics this weekend and email them along with some specifics. -M

Karried
02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Your work is really beautiful - high quality and I love the arch over the master bathtub!!

I do have one suggestion though on your page, have your WebDesigner fix your Titles on your Product page. They are overlapping and it hard to navigate. I tried adjusting my Text size and they are still overlapping on the smallest font. Maybe it is just my monitor? :)

It would be really hard to remove our granite. We had to have it done once when they installed the wrong piece and I wouldn't go that route again... most likely have them refinished (or move).

hopk6662
02-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello! Thank you for your suggestions and comments. Yes, it would be hard to remove your granite countertop, however, I believe it can be done. If you don't want to go that route, though, that is perfectly fine, too! Do you still want to replace your doors and drawer fronts as well as the refinishing? If so, try to send me some pictures of your cabinets so that we can make a plan. If you don't have pictures, that is okay. We would like to meet with you to take a look at the project, if you don't mind. We are pretty much available any day of the week around 6 p.m. We will work around your schedule.

By the way, thanks for letting me know about the website issue. I have never had anyone complain about it before. Do you have an older monitor? I'll definitely check it out, though.

Thanks,

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry
delgadosTrimCarpentry@hotmail.com
DTC_Good_Site (http://www.delgadotrimcarpentry.com/)

hopk6662
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
thanks for your reply! i did see your site... from the pics, it looks like your company does good work. i'll get some pics this weekend and email them along with some specifics. -M
Thanks for your kind comments about our work! By the way, did you have the same problem on the "Products" page that another poster did with the work pictures links overlapping with one another? I haven't heard from anyone of that happening before--just thought I would check!

That would be great to get pictures of your project from you through e-mail. We would also like to meet with you, if that is okay with you. We are available any day of the week at around 6 p.m. Just let us know what time is good for you and we will be there!

Thanks,

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry
DelgadosTrimCarpentry@hotmail.com
DTC_Good_Site

Karried
02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Do you have an older monitor? I'll definitely check it out, though.

No, I have a newer one.. it is a 22 in Flat Screen..... it might be the way I have the settings..

If no one else has noticed it, then it's probably me!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
No, I have a newer one.. it is a 22 in Flat Screen..... it might be the way I have the settings..

It's a text-size issue within the page.

Hold down CTRL and use your scroll-wheel on the mouse...It'll move around and quit overlapping.

hopk6662
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM
It's a text-size issue within the page.

Hold down CTRL and use your scroll-wheel on the mouse...It'll move around and quit overlapping.
Thanks for letting Karried know what to do about the text size issue. I had no clue how to fix it myself! Thanks!

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry

hopk6662
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM

Wow! You do have a newer monitor and nice! I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with my website. I believe that "Oh Gawd the Smell" has posted a pretty good idea for you to fix it. I hope it works for you!

Candace Delgado
Delgado Trim Carpentry

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-26-2008, 10:01 AM
It's not really a "fix"...Just a quick way of adjusting text size. The fix would be in the HTML source code for the website. :D

Karried
02-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks, yes that does work, but I still see a little overlap on the Product page titles ...

Has no one else noticed it other than me?

It's really no big deal but I am just curious ... other pages I browse are not affected.

Is it just me? lol

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it does it to me too, in both Firefox and IE, on all 3 computers I have here at the house. At a glance, it's a text size/wrapping/frames issue.

jsenter
02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Spam

Karried
02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
This post is in the Business Exchange Section, exactly where it's supposed to be. It's not spam.