View Full Version : Low priced wood windows?

mynah
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a home in a historical district and need to replace my windows with wood, but I'm having trouble with so many to choose from. Anyone else put wood windows in lately? I'd love a brand and/or low price recommendation.

OKCCrime
02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Which district? I get the impression from the following comment on another forum that it matters.

You can also get into some of the situations where certain brands are specified. In the Crown Heights area of Oklahoma City you could only replace windows with "true divided light" windows instead of a Pella (or other brand) that had applied muntins that make the windows look like it has divided lights. It just so happened that one company (at that time) made a true divided light insulated window, Kolbe & Kolbe. Guess where the distributor for Kolbe & Kolbe windows for Central Oklahoma lived, yep Crown Heights. So he had convinced the review committee to spec his brand of windows.

From: Homeowners Who Go Green Face Neighbors' Objections - SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=134675)

Anyone an expert on historic renovation that can 'shed some light' on the window issue?