View Full Version : Tulsa Healing Center

bretthexum
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Just watched this on KFOR. All I gotta say is what the heck?

I am not knocking them for praying for sick people - but come on. Why do they put this crap on the news? It was almost a 5 minute special on this place. This is about the 4th "faith" or "power of prayer" I've seen in the past few months.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think we need this on the news.

billyl1964
02-20-2008, 05:48 AM
It is just you. You are only complaining becuase it has a religious tone. If it were humanistic you would be praising someone or just not saying anything. God is involved and you feel you have to keep him quiet. Go to the Tulsa healing Center and let them pray for you. You are sick.

FritterGirl
02-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Brexxum,

It's February, which means it's sweeps - time to reel people in with the "big" stories: "How God can help you lose weight! It's the Bible diet plan."Going Bald? Try prayer for hair."

Religion sells in Oklahoma. We are in the bible belt, you know. I suggest either changing the channel, or just turning off the tv if you don't want to watch it.

Local TV knows their audience and knows what will draw viewers in. In OKC, it's religious-based "news." In another more blue-tinged state, it would be something else.

Personally, I believe there is a deep inter-connectedness between the physical and spiritual with regard to "healing." I might not always agree on the methodology (my beliefs tend much more towards Eastern philosophy), but it has been proven in studies that people undergoing major traumatic events, including surgeries and other major medical procedures, have faster recoveries and fare better when they are more spiritually in tune.

metro
02-20-2008, 12:22 PM
FritterGirl, it's not just because "we're in the Bible belt". Times have changed as you know and Oklahoma is a lot more progressive now. Look at the tone of the national news, I see religious based (usually Christian) stories on national news all the time. The "moral majority" of our country are Christian or some sort of faith based and tv networks know it. That's why they cater to it. You don't see a bunch of left winged shows or stories do you? I do agree with you on most of your premise though, if it were California, it might be a retreat for meditation or something. Same principle about spirtual health though.

jbrown84
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Sometimes they are really stretching to find feature stories.

adaniel
02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
You thinks this is bad, just watch KFOR's hard hitting investigation on rubber testicle truck ornaments tonight. Oh joy :dizzy:

Martin
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
...say that ten times fast. -M

bretthexum
02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Sometimes they are really stretching to find feature stories.

That's my point. I did relocate from out of state, so I am not used to it.

I am also excited to see the special on the testes as well. LOL