View Full Version : great restaurants past

Pages : [1] 2 3

angel27
02-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Enjoyed very much remembering great restaurants past. Wish I had gotten to visit some that some of you really enjoyed. A few others not mentioned: Chrystals (great steaks, great atmosphere), Shakey's Pizza (from way back), and one that everyone would include if you had ever been there - The Last Thai on 23rd. I've wished they would reopen somewhere every day that they've been gone.

metro
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Here's a few oldies long gone. Never heard of Chrystals Steaks. I do remember Crystals Pizza and the great pizza and cool movie/game environment. Man I can't believe they tore that down for a small, crappy Chili's. They just remodeled the building for like $2million right before they tore it down.

http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/7208-names-past.html?highlight=past+restaurants

http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/8878-one-more-stop-memory-lane.html?highlight=memories

http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/9656-most-missed-okc-restaurant.html?highlight=memories

CuatrodeMayo
02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Crystal's Pizza rocked. I liked it so much I married a girl with the same name.

OKCDrummer77
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I went to Crystal's once, back in early '95. More recently, there was a Mexican restaurant called Posado's (at least I think that was the same building). Then it got torn down to make way for Chili's.

FritterGirl
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Crystal's rocked, especially the old movies, and that sundae bar.

There also used to be a restaurant / ice cream place on the corner at NW Expressway and 63rd. They had amazing ice cream and had such creations as "The Horse before the Cart," and "The Kitchen Sink," which, I believe had about 24 scoops of ice cream in it and was, literally, served in a sink. Whenever anyone would order one, they would sound an alarm. It was a great place for a party!

I'm still wondering what happened to Allen's Cafe across from the Federal Building at 6th and Hudson. They closed the restaurant, tore down the little white house in front of it, and have now reopened it as "Red Brick" cafe. Allen's had great patty melts.

Oooh, I also loved "The Magic Pan," where Full Circle Bookstore is now located in 50 Penn. Wonderful crepes and family atmosphere.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Farrell's in Crossroads. With the player piano and the air raid siren for birthday boys like me.

Oh, and the bowl of ice cream bigger than my head.

solitude
02-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Farrell's in Crossroads. With the player piano and the air raid siren for birthday boys like me.

Oh, and the bowl of ice cream bigger than my head.

Hey Smell......I LOVED that place! I had forgotten about the sirens.

I looked it up and there are still three Farrell's operating - in Los Angeles and two in Hawaii.

Here's the LA website (http://www.mountasiafuncenter.com/MFarrells.asp) and here is the one (http://www.farrellshawaii.com/)for the two in Hawaii.

But even cooler (you're gonna love this) there is an online appreciation site called The Farrell's Zone (http://www.happyitis.biz/). I spent twenty minutes or so just browsing.

Happy memories!

MtHwfpMHQx8

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I should scan in some pictures of me at my 3rd b-day party there. I shoved my whole head in that bucket-o-cold stuff.

Thanks for the links :)

OKC lifer
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I have to add Shotgun Sam's Pizza Palace with crisp-crackerlike crust with cornmeal underneath; great sauce; great cheese; fresh ingredients. More generous with the toppings than anywhere else.

I worked there 18 months in the late 1970s. (May & Britton location; the place later became a comedy club; now it's a Vietnamese restaurant)

We had to completely cover the surface for a regular pepperoni pizza with edges overlapping so that after the slices shrunk in the oven, the pizza would still be completely covered. We had polish sausage pizzas for Oktoberfest, combination pizzas galore, a pretty good spaghetti, and *great* sandwiches.

Sorry they're not around anymore.

Harvey Hudson
03-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Anyone remember Nicolsis's

Best spaghetti of all time....

kmf563
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Crystals pizza rocked.

Molly Murphy's.

Dude's hamburgers in Choctaw.

I loved the greasy burgers from the quarter house in norman too.

How about the royal fork! Anybody remember back that far?

Bob&Frank&Ted&Bob&Alice
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Christopher's was nice. They had nice ducks.

ad47aw
03-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Herman's Seafood.

Redskin 70
03-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Garlands Restaurant in Capital Hill and also the soda bar at the Old Katz Pharmacy in Capital Hill:tiphat:

SoonerQueen
03-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Here are a few of my favorites from way back when.
Glen's Steak House on NW 10th Street
Billie Lee's Pies
Sirloin Stockade
Pick's Fine Foods on Britton Road
Nicolosi's spaghetti
The China House in the Lakeside Shopping Center
Shakey's pizza
Poor Folks Restaurant in Norman
J-town Pizza in downtown Jones(best pizza in recent times)

brnok
03-19-2008, 11:25 PM
The Kettle, Pizza Planet, Roy Rogers, Cactus, & while not a restaurant, the gas station on the N side of NE 23 E of Sooner Rd & W of the RR overpass used to have bacon or fried bolonga sandwiches. Loaded up w/ 1/2 lb of meat! MMMMM:)

icemncmth
03-22-2008, 07:40 AM
In Tulsa MY PI..pizza...

fire121
03-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Across the Street SW 59 & Agnew
Billie's Tastee Freeze SW 59 & May
Crystal's Pizza SW 74 & Penn
Roy Roger's SW 59 & Blackwelder (Double R Bar Burger!!!)
Nicholosi's NW 10th??
Der Dutchmen ??
Sooner BBQ SW 36 & Western
Hotsie Hot Dog SW 28 & May
Zorro's Tacos?? Somewhere on south Western, I think.

Yes, I grew up on the southside.
Farrells!!!!! I forgot about that place!!!

Filifan
03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
El Zocalos (Reno & Meridian) which later on became Texana Reds
Hungry Peddler (Reno & Meridain) which is now Shorty Smalls

CuatrodeMayo
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I think Der Dutchman was on the NW Expressway. Good Stuff. My mother worked there for a while.

EDIT: If you ever want something pretty close, go to Harbor House ==>Page Title (http://www.harborhouserestaurant.com/) Former Der Dutchman GM owns it.

ad47aw
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Here are a few of my favorites from way back when.
Glen's Steak House on NW 10th Street
Billie Lee's Pies
Sirloin Stockade
Pick's Fine Foods on Britton Road
Nicolosi's spaghetti
The China House in the Lakeside Shopping Center
Shakey's pizza
Poor Folks Restaurant in Norman
J-town Pizza in downtown Jones(best pizza in recent times)

China House was the best. Best duck in town.

angel27
04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks Bob & Frank.. what I thought was Chrystals Steaks I was trying to remember Christophers on the duck pond sort of hidden away... what a great place that was. Also Glenns and many others mentioned. And then there was a great seafood place on NW 23rd on top of a small highrise. Can't remember its name. Anyone remember Ooey Lynns on about 12th & Penn? I miss the old style Chinese restaurants. For some butterfly shrimp again... Now I must go cook dinner.

SoonerGirl26
04-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Anyone remember the name of the place down the street west of Nicolosi's on NW 10th that had a roof that opened up.....they served your food family style. Been trying to remember the name of it.

doglover
04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
For all you Baby Boomers, do you remember Neds Pizza Restaurant on 30th and May ave(across from Northwest Classen HS). The best and cheesiest pizza ever. The pizza was patterned after Sussy's pizza in the 60's. Please let me know if you remember or have tasted anything as good as a Neds pizza.

flintysooner
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes, Ned's Steakhouse. In the mid to late 60's you could get a sirloin steak dinner for two for $5.50 as I remember. Came with two baked potatoes, two salads, and two ice teas. Good pizza, too.

Generals64
08-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Remember the Moose Head at Crystals? Hanging over MY Fireplace today so Crystals stil lives.

Generals64
08-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey Girl:.........Robinett passed away a few years ago..Didn't know how to get holf of you.

angel27
08-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi General! I'm very sorry to hear of Robinett's passing. What a great first boss he was. Taught me a lot of good lessons and made it great fun as well. You'll have to pm me and let me know more. I'm assuming you were a part of that great crew we had going but I'm not guessing who you are because the last time I was way off...! This thread makes me want to bring out some of my old HS pictures and post them somewhere.

NativeOkie
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Crystals, Shakeys Pizza (have one here in California)
JR's Chicken Ranch on 10th street.
Roy Rogers far better than Arbys.
How about "Across the street" they had chocolate milk on ice called the 400.
and pieces of angle food cake with square ice cream between them covered in either Hot Fudge or strawberries, I can not remember what it was called. You ordered by phone from the table.
Glens steak House.
Billie Lees pies.

SoonerDave
08-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Shakeys Pizza on S Western, north of 59th, was awesome. There's a place called "Round Up Pizza" on SE 29th in Del City that operates out of an old Shakey's, and you can still see a great deal of the original decor even if most of it has been removed/replaced. Those multicolored glass doors, the dark wood interiors, and the player pianos with the blue and red keys! Awesome Stuff!

And to this day, I have *yet* to have a pepperoni pizza that tastes like one from Shakey's.

We went to PoFolks a few times in Norman, and it was pretty good.

How about Hans Barbecue on NW 10th...really good sandwiches, but I barely remember it from when I was pretty young....

I also miss Dodson's Cafeterias and their INCOMPARABLE veal cutlets and chocolate icebox pie. And they were good to the last day they were open.

I'll also put in a second for Glen's Hik-ry Inn. A wonderful steakhouse with incredible service, hot blueberry muffins, and delightful atmosphere, not to mention a wonderful Sunday smorgasbord with the darndest macaroni and cheese you ever tasted.

I've talked about the old Circus Time restaurant on the I-240 service road west of Penn on a different thread; fun family atmosphere....there was also Underwoods Smorgasbord - they had two locations, one on SW 59th and the other on north Western, just north of 10th street I think - near the now-torn-down Sears.

Then there was Westoaks Drive-in Restaurant, with a dynamite hickory burger, and Four Seasons Restaurant, with one of the best mustard-onion-chili burgers anywhere...used to meet my dad for lunch there when I was growing up..he worked at the old Western Electric plant at 7725 W. Reno...

Sadly, I guess Applewoods now makes the list of "gone but not forgotten" restaurants. Don't know how many followed the Northfork restaurant that followed it, but it closed down a few weeks ago, so the last vestige of Applewoods - the hot rolls and fritters - are now gone forever. Alas.

Man, I can't hanclle all this nostalgia. Tis makin' me all verklempt.

solitude
08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Shakeys Pizza on S Western, north of 59th, was awesome. There's a place called "Round Up Pizza" on SE 29th in Del City that operates out of an old Shakey's, and you can still see a great deal of the original decor even if most of it has been removed/replaced. Those multicolored glass doors, the dark wood interiors, and the player pianos with the blue and red keys! Awesome Stuff!

And to this day, I have *yet* to have a pepperoni pizza that tastes like one from Shakey's.

We went to PoFolks a few times in Norman, and it was pretty good.

How about Hans Barbecue on NW 10th...really good sandwiches, but I barely remember it from when I was pretty young....

I also miss Dodson's Cafeterias and their INCOMPARABLE veal cutlets and chocolate icebox pie. And they were good to the last day they were open.

I'll also put in a second for Glen's Hik-ry Inn. A wonderful steakhouse with incredible service, hot blueberry muffins, and delightful atmosphere, not to mention a wonderful Sunday smorgasbord with the darndest macaroni and cheese you ever tasted.

I've talked about the old Circus Time restaurant on the I-240 service road west of Penn on a different thread; fun family atmosphere....there was also Underwoods Smorgasbord - they had two locations, one on SW 59th and the other on north Western, just north of 10th street I think - near the now-torn-down Sears.

Then there was Westoaks Drive-in Restaurant, with a dynamite hickory burger, and Four Seasons Restaurant, with one of the best mustard-onion-chili burgers anywhere...used to meet my dad for lunch there when I was growing up..he worked at the old Western Electric plant at 7725 W. Reno...

Sadly, I guess Applewoods now makes the list of "gone but not forgotten" restaurants. Don't know how many followed the Northfork restaurant that followed it, but it closed down a few weeks ago, so the last vestige of Applewoods - the hot rolls and fritters - are now gone forever. Alas.

Man, I can't hanclle all this nostalgia. Tis makin' me all verklempt.

SoonerDave,

Does the Round-Up Pizza still have the separate room that Shakey's used for the 21 and over crowd? I remember when I was 10 or so thinking that was a mysterious place beyond the doors. I'm talking about the one on NW 39th, but I think they all had them. Do you remember that?

I also remember a barbecue place on...I think...south Robinson called...I think...:) (senior moments) - Bayless Bar-B-Q? Anyone remember that? It was two story and had a big picture window on the west side upstairs.

I remember all the old Dunn's Dairy Queens that were all over town. Now, I don't know if there's a single DQ in the metro.

Anybody remember Hot Pizza trucks? It was the winter version of the Ice Cream truck.

NativeOkie
08-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree Dodsons, That is the top.
Man I miss that place.
That was my birthday choice as a kid.
Real choc. pudding, not instant.
I even ate the green beans there.
Mr. Dodson would play the organ on Sunday afternoons while you ate.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
On a side note the new Don Nacho is pretty good on south council, it's a real mexican resturaunt instead of an americanized chain.

SoonerDave
08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
SoonerDave,

Does the Round-Up Pizza still have the separate room that Shakey's used for the 21 and over crowd? I remember when I was 10 or so thinking that was a mysterious place beyond the doors. I'm talking about the one on NW 39th, but I think they all had them. Do you remember that?

Hmmm.....no, don't recall those kinds of roms, but I was only about 8 or 9 when we went there with much regularity. The Round-Up's interior has been changed some to accomodate the fact that its a buffet that serves a variety of other food besides pizza, so some of the interior has been moved around some, moreso out of necessity I think than any actual effort to change the old Shakey's theme.

I remember all the old Dunn's Dairy Queens that were all over town. Now, I don't know if there's a single DQ in the metro.

Dunn's owned all the DQ's with his "Dunn's DQ Brazier Burgers" slogan, and it seemed for whatever reason that they all deteriorated badly very rapidly about, oh, 15-20 years ago. Dunno why. So many of the buildings survive even today as Chinese take-out places and such, but the ones that went south went *really* south, sadly. I used to frequent the last one I knew about, which was over on SW 59th about a half-mile east of Western....Oreo Blizzards!!! I'd love to know what happened to the DQ's, because a vacation this summer reminded me that the chain is alive and well outside of OKC, particularly in Georgia and Florida.

There was a DQ in Norman until about two years ago. I want a DQ back just for the Blizzards - I hear there is one in Chickasha...

NativeOkie
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Ok Here is the last DQ near OKC.
Apparently one in Weatherford too.
DAIRY QUEEN BRAZIER
720 W CHOCTAW AVE
CHICKASHA
OK 73018-2342
405-224-1712
:bow:

soonerborn1958
08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
OH YEAH!! Billie Lee Pies!! And in the same vicinity, Priddy's and Kaisers!!

soonerborn1958
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Does anyone else remember the old BRASS KEY hamburger joint near Wilshire and May in OKC?

metro
08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
soonerborn, Kaisers icecream still lives in the same building, now called Grateful Bean. Web Hosting Service AvaHost.Net (http://www.gratefulbean.com)

NativeOkie, if you want Roast Beef better than Arby's try Lion's Choice on Penn and NW 39th. Also if you want the square ice cream and chocolate syrup, try Jim's restaurant on NW 39th and Council, you won't be disappointed. Their 24hr breakfast is good too.

jawgie
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
There was also a JR's Chicken Ranch, they served in dinner bowls and on platters "family style".
They were next to Nicolosi's.

SoonerQueen
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM
The Round Up is just one big dining area. They still have the same old big screen tv, a horse for the kids, and a few games to play. The price is good and the pizza pretty good. Well worth a trip there. They have the chicken, mojo potatoes,salad bar,spaghetti, and all the fixins.

Vintage BMX'er
08-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Hotsy Hot Dog on S. May
Round Up Cafe on SW 29th
Lefty's Pizza (Del City)
Pulliam's BBQ
Hillbilly BBQ sandwiches
Big Ed's
Zuider Z
Peter Piper Pizza
Goocheez Pizza

All I can remember for now.

NativeOkie
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Anyone remember Jack Sussy's or SPQR?

jstanthrnme
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Tony's was one of my favorites. Was that even the name of the place where Rococo is now? Tony's Italian, Little Tony's, I can't certainly recall the name. What about the BBQ joint where the Jimmy's Egg on expwy & Classen? I liked that place when I was little. Big Beef BBQ? was that it?

oneforone
08-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok Here is the last DQ near OKC.
Apparently one in Weatherford too.
DAIRY QUEEN BRAZIER
720 W CHOCTAW AVE
CHICKASHA
OK 73018-2342
405-224-1712
:bow:

I know Clinton has one I am not sure if Weatherford has one. The one in Clinton blows the one in Chikasha away. Cleaner, more deserts, not mention the women in Clinton are finer than frog hair.

Ribbedroof
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
The Round Up is just one big dining area. They still have the same old big screen tv, a horse for the kids, and a few games to play. The price is good and the pizza pretty good. Well worth a trip there. They have the chicken, mojo potatoes,salad bar,spaghetti, and all the fixins.

Next time, look past the buffet/kitchen area. Small room on that end, but often closed. Open more on Sundays for the noon crowd.

We eat there fairly often...I grew up with a Shakey's in Iowa, and it's like old home time-travel day for me when we go.

BTW, my kids love it there!

SoonerQueen
01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
You are right, they do have a room there. I think mostly it is usued for the employee's.The Round Up is really good for the price and I love the beef pizza and the potatoes.

gen70
01-10-2009, 06:03 AM
J&R Chicken Ranch

windsorhillsgirl
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
For all you Baby Boomers, do you remember Neds Pizza Restaurant on 30th and May ave(across from Northwest Classen HS). The best and cheesiest pizza ever. The pizza was patterned after Sussy's pizza in the 60's. Please let me know if you remember or have tasted anything as good as a Neds pizza.

hi, best pizza in my life. What cheeses did they use? can we ever find out?

windsorhillsgirl
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM

hi, best pizza in my life. What cheeses did they use? can we ever find out?

SoonerQueen
04-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Shakey's Pizza,Sirloin Stockade,Po Folks,The China House in the Lakeside Shopping Center,Pick's Fine Foods,Roy Rogers Roast Beef Sandwiches,Village Inn Pancakes,Glen's on NW 10th Street, J-town Pizza in Jones Ok.

gen70
04-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Went to a Shakey's in Jamacia in about 1985 and it was weird. I have many good memories of Shakey's at S. Western. Also went to a DQ in Canada, it was also weird different from U.S..

skyrick
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Nobody has mentioned El Charrito!

I worked as a busboy and kitchen help at the Paseo location, on and off, from '67 to '70. Around '68 or '69 Mr Alvarado sold out to El Chico (booooo) in Dallas. When El Chico took over everything was trucked in frozen from Dallas.

But the original El Charrito made everything fresh. Huge sacks of corn masa and lime for the tortillas stacked in the back room, along with 100 lb bags of pintos for the refries, sugar and pecans for the pralines. El Charrito didn't have fountain drinks either, real bottles of Coke, 7-Up, DP, Grapette and Chocolate Soldier.

gen70
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Nobody has mentioned El Charrito!

I worked as a busboy and kitchen help at the Paseo location, on and off, from '67 to '70. Around '68 or '69 Mr Alvarado sold out to El Chico (booooo) in Dallas. When El Chico took over everything was trucked in frozen from Dallas.

But the original El Charrito made everything fresh. Huge sacks of corn masa and lime for the tortillas stacked in the back room, along with 100 lb bags of pintos for the refries, sugar and pecans for the pralines. El Charrito didn't have fountain drinks either, real bottles of Coke, 7-Up, DP, Grapette and Chocolate Soldier.

I still miss El Charrito, it was the best and the pralines were awesome. I can't find pralines anywhere here in N.C..

Bigrayok
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks Bob & Frank.. what I thought was Chrystals Steaks I was trying to remember Christophers on the duck pond sort of hidden away... what a great place that was. Also Glenns and many others mentioned. And then there was a great seafood place on NW 23rd on top of a small highrise. Can't remember its name. Anyone remember Ooey Lynns on about 12th & Penn? I miss the old style Chinese restaurants. For some butterfly shrimp again... Now I must go cook dinner.

I know this post was made about two years ago but the restaurant on N.W. 23rd on the high rise was probably the Captain's Table in the Western Oaks Professional Tower. It was only open a few years and I only ate there once when I was about five years old. It was owned by at least one Bethany area medical doctor and others. Jack Sussey managed the restaurant. Speaking of Jack Sussey, I never went to the original Sussey's on Lincoln but I know he started Nomad II on May not too long before he died. The recipes at Nomad are supposed to be the recipes from Sussey's. If Nomad's pizza is anything like Sussey's pizza, it was very good. I think Nomad is one of the three best pizzas in town. I also really like Pizza House and Meiki's.

Bigray in Ok

skyrick
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I still miss El Charrito, it was the best and the pralines were awesome. I can't find pralines anywhere here in N.C..

Growing up in OKC, or OK in general, means growing up with pecans. I've always hated pecans, but I used to filch the broken praline remnants in the back room and eat around the pecans!

It may be just the nostalgia, but I agree, El Charrito was the best Tex-Mex ever. I can't eat at the chain Tex-Mex restaurants nowadays: El Chico, Border Crossing, Pappasito's, Ninfa's, etc. I will eat at Abuelo's on occasion, but not from the Tex-Mex part of the menu. Posado's does have fried tacos that are the closest I've found to El Charrito's, but the rest of the menu is pedestrian

I've heard good things about Chelino's in OKC but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Luckily in the DFW area there is a tacqueria on almost every corner in some parts of town. They no habla Ingles, pero mi Espanol esta bien para comprar las comidas. Comidas autenticas!

gen70
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Growing up in OKC, or OK in general, means growing up with pecans. I've always hated pecans, but I used to filch the broken praline remnants in the back room and eat around the pecans!

It may be just the nostalgia, but I agree, El Charrito was the best Tex-Mex ever. I can't eat at the chain Tex-Mex restaurants nowadays: El Chico, Border Crossing, Pappasito's, Ninfa's, etc. I will eat at Abuelo's on occasion, but not from the Tex-Mex part of the menu. Posado's does have fried tacos that are the closest I've found to El Charrito's, but the rest of the menu is pedestrian

I've heard good things about Chelino's in OKC but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Luckily in the DFW area there is a tacqueria on almost every corner in some parts of town. They no habla Ingles, pero mi Espanol esta bien para comprar las comidas. Comidas autenticas! Chelino's is good and I no habla Spanish. Ha..Ha..(wish I did) You seem to have a handle on it.

John
04-07-2010, 06:00 PM

The one in Bricktown is the worst Chelino's.

The one on S. 42nd & Robinson is the best Chelino's.

Any of the others are somewhere in between.

decepticobra
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I went to Crystal's once, back in early '95. More recently, there was a Mexican restaurant called Posado's (at least I think that was the same building). Then it got torn down to make way for Chili's.

many of these restaurants are simply gone from oklahoma, but still thrive in other states:

Crystals, Dairy Queen, Posadas, Mr. Gattis Pizza are all alive and well in Texas.

rondvu
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Poncho's, El Rancho Sanchez and Zamudio's

gen70
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Went by a Tastee-Freeze and a DQ today on the same street here in Asheville N.C.. The DQ was pretty new and the Tastee-Freeze was pretty old.