View Full Version : Opinion- Interesting comedy bit on city radio

Chefdavies
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I was driving into work today and was tryin to find some music to get my day going (hard to do with morning radio). I stumbled upon 103.5 and their morning show. Not sure why I didnt keep going but they were running a sound bite. It was a clip about if you have an ugly baby you can "rent" one from this made up company. Now I know its tongue and cheek, but the last statement is what surprised me. It went something like this " so leave your lil chimpanzee at home, and come get a new baby that everyone will love." I just looked down at the radio and thought WTF!!! Am I overreacting here?

Karried
01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Which part is upsetting you the most? That they told people to leave the baby at home ( possibly unattended) or that they called the baby an unlovable chimpanzee?

I can laugh at stuff like that as long as I know it's supposed to be comedic and they don't try to pass it off as something people could miscontrue as a serious suggestion.

You have to admit, there are some really unattractive babies out there...ha,ha.... I'm j/k - sorry, I couldn't resist! I actually think every baby is soooo cute! Until they soil their diapers and then I pass them right back to mom.

Chefdavies
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh I saw the comedy in it. I just had the feeling that had it been played on katt, or KJ etc it could have been seen as racism. I'm not tryin to twisted it. Just seemed abit on the edge given all the other comments ppl have been fired over in the past.

jbrown84
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Hmm. I didn't even think about it in a racial way until you pointed it out.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Racist?

Race doesn't have anything to do with it. All babies look like either hairless little chimps or very angry old men.

Karried
01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
oh Lord, I never even thought about that aspect of it at all!

Joe Kimball
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Here's the website for 103.5...

KVSP Power 103.5 Oklahoma City: #1 Blazin' Hip Hop & R&B! (http://www.kvsp.com/)

Also, if it was morning, it might have been on the syndicated Rickey Smiley show:

The All New Rickey Smiley Morning Show (http://www.rickeysmileymorningshow.com/)