View Full Version : Bon Jovi loves Oklahoma City

kmf563
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I thought this could be a really neat way to show off Oklahoma City to the world and not make it look like a farm town! Plus, some of you guys are really talented with pics and videos. They will be here April 15th by the way.

Think your town is the ultimate BON JOVI destination?

Think your city is the most rockin' date on the BON JOVI 2008 LOST HIGHWAY WORLD TOUR?

Prove it!

The band is enlisting YOU to take the wheel and show the rest of the world why the highway ends with you!

Grab your camcorder, grab your buddies, and video record the places, people, and landmarks that make your hometown unique. Deliver the goods, and your video may just end up on the BON JOVI high-definition big screen when the band plays the track "I LOVE THIS TOWN"

This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to show off your creative side to the band themselves. If that isn't enough to get your creative juices flowing then consider that one lucky entry will win two tickets to a BON JOVI show when the tour stops in your city!

10 runner-ups will receive an autographed CD of BON JOVI's #1 smash album LOST HIGHWAY.

For more information or to enter visit:
Bon Jovi Loves My Town Contest (http://www.bonjovilovesmytown.com/index.php)

Midtowner
01-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Does anyone else wonder how anyone ever started referring to a successful album as being "smash"?

Karried
01-29-2008, 08:07 AM
lol... doesn't make much sense now that I think about it... I have the visual of an old LP and a hammer.

Midtowner
01-29-2008, 08:13 AM
lol... doesn't make much sense now that I think about it... I have the visual of an old LP and a hammer.

Or how about referring to a song as a "hit."

I guess a "smash hit" is like a really strong "hit" or something... but where does "hit" come from?

kmf563
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
lol. you guys. As far as I know, the term is british. When something is smashing, it is hitting it hard and when a song takes the charts if it moves up the chart very quickly it is "hitting" it hard. When it debuts at #1 or close to it, it is "smashing" the charts and the competition therefore it becomes a smash hit. ha! Those brits and their crazy words. Love em.

metro
01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Not sure if this is much of a "contest for cities" as much as it is a contest to win free tickets or a CD. It's good PR for the band and they aren't really doing any of the work, just building their brand in the communities they play in. Of course they'll play each cities videos when that come to that city, it's not like they are going to play OKC's video in Dallas, LA, etc. and play LA's video here. Just a good PR move for the band. 80's hair metal really isn't my thing.

Karried
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I love Bon Jovi.

They have been very successful over many years (not just the 80's) .. and Jon Bon Jovi is a great guy, married to his sweetheart, has four children and is down to earth (not to mention, one of the most beautiful men ever.)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8832/bonjovilm7.jpg

kmf563
01-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Actually Metro, millions and millions of people log onto the fansite they have as well as youtube. When these videos go up - they all would see okc the way it should be seen!

metro
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I understand that kmf, but I based my opinion from the article. The article doesn't say anything about the video's being posted on their fansite, it states that they may play during their concerts.

kmf563
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
You are entitled to your opinion metro.

Only Jovi fans understand Jovi I supposed - but seeing as how there are millions of us I'm way okay with that. They haven't been known as a metal hair band since 1987 btw.

Outside of their numerous awards, albums, tours, collaborating, and writing - they also stay very involved with politics, community, charities, and other business ventures such as arena football. Just FYI. They aren't doing a reunion tour here or hanging on to "You Give Love a Bad Name" like other bands that have come through this town making money off the mullet lovers.

Also - they are touring with Daughtry! Hello!! :idhitit: