View Full Version : Residence Inn Burned Down

Karried
01-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Firefighter hurt when line breaks

By Augie Frost
Staff Writer

One firefighter was taken to a hospital this afternoon after a water line ruptured, knocking him to the ground, a fire department spokesman said.

The firefighter, whose name was not released, was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. His injuries are not considered life-threatening, Deputy Chief Cecil Clay said.
He was one of dozens fighting a three-alarm fire at the Residence Inn, 4361 W Reno Ave., Clay said.
The fire started about 1 p.m. in the office of the building, apparently in the laundry room, Clay said.

Based on fire extinguishers found near the building, it appeared employees of the extended stay hotel tried to douse the flames themselves but were overwhelmed, Clay said.
By the time firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was pouring from the roof. Within 10 minutes of their arrival, flames were shooting up to the height of a four-story building.
For nearly two hours firefighters fought the blaze using ladders and as many as 10 fire hoses.
The building was destroyed, Clay said. A cost estimate of the damage was not immediately available.
No other injuries were reported and an exact cause is not yet known, Clay said.
Arson investigators were on the scene, which is standard procedure with any three-alarm blaze, Clay said.

metro
01-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm having trouble picturing where this is off Reno. Is this near Meridian?

CuatrodeMayo
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I was hoping it was the one in Lesser Bricktown.

solitude
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/1/28/f_hotelm_90d24af.jpg

Marriott website: Residence Inn Oklahoma City West (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/okcww-residence-inn-oklahoma-city-west/)

Tex
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
hmmm, brings back memories. When I relocated here my employer paid for my 19 day stay at the Residence Inn while I waited for movers to deliver my things and looked for a new place. I could have stayed at any Marriott property but I thought I would be more comfortable in a suite that had a living room and kitchen. If I would have known I was going to be in a shady part of town I would have stayed at the Waterford. Hello!