View Full Version : Heath Ledger found Dead!!

kmf563
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
What?? This is horrible. He is so young....and HOT. It's just not right.
Anybody know what he died from? They are just saying he was found dead in his New York apartment.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
"Possibly drug related"

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
7online.com: Actor Heath Ledger found dead 1/22/08 (http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=5907580)

jbrown84
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
This is just absolutely beyond shocking for me. He was so immensely talented, and his biggest movie yet is coming this summer.

James Dean... River Phoenix... and now Heath Ledger.

Such a tragedy.

kmf563
01-22-2008, 03:15 PM
What makes them do this? What can be so bad that you want to take your own life. I just don't get it.

MadMonk
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
That's too bad. He had a bright future.

FritterGirl
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't know it can be ruled intentional at this point. My guess is it was "accidental OD," but you never know. NYT is reporting the drugs were perscription sleeping pills, not that it makes the situation any better.

Saddest thing is he is leaving behind a 2-year old girl who will never know how talented her father was.

I'm really shocked and saddened. He's one of my favorite "young" Hollywood actors, and was brilliant in Brokeback Mountain.

I wonder how WB is going to handle this given that "Batman" where he plays the Joker is supposed to be the big summer block-buster to end all block-busters.

Really a sad day. I went to both of my favorite gossip sites, and both have crashed.

Karried
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
omg... nooooo! 28 years old... how horrible!

That is so sad, doesn't he have a baby girl?

FritterGirl
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Cops are reporting it looks like an accidental overdose.

solitude
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm with JBrown, I'm just shocked at another actor with such a bright future is dead. Unbelievable.

The latest from the New York Times is that they are saying accidental OD or suicide. A patrolman on the scene had earlier said "accidental" in the sense it didn't appear as if there was any foul play involved. However, the Times says pills were "strewn" around the bed which is said to be a calling card for suicide. I just read the US Magazine website that said friends are upset but not surprised and "saw it coming" as he had been in a very dark mood battling alcoholism. However he died, it's just stunning that this great actor is actually gone. So incredibly sad.

kmf563
01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Autopsy found inconclusive. They said it will take up to 10 days to complete the investigation and need to run more tests.
I read a blog this morning from the "To Write Love on Her Arms" group and it really broke my heart.

Myspace.com Blogs - In Loving Memory: Heath Ledger - To Write Love on Her Arms. MySpace Blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=61976377&blogID=350259712&Mytoken=B7AEFA45-E1A7-4C67-94ED8278579F59933409103)

Martin
01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
this just in from our 'friends' at westboro baptist church:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6526/heathhb9.jpg

seriously... what a bunch of jerks. -M

kmf563
01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Do they just not have a gay community in that city? I'm pretty sure if she posted up here that church would already be burned to the ground after a gay pride parade made it their central location for the evening talent show.

They make me sick to my stomach.

venture
01-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I was wondering how long it would take the nut jobs at WBC to show up. I think they missed the part on who is going to hell and all that...last I heard hate isn't really looking upon too kindly from the man upstairs. Maybe I didn't read the Bible right when I was in school. Heck, they were Catholic schools after all...Pre-K through 12th. LOL

Anyway...Definitely very very sad news. Have heard a few things that it was Depression and such. If that's the case, definitely feel for what he went through. I've had my bought of it for the last few years and it is not a fun fight, and the medication out there to counter it screw your mind up way to much that getting away from them is hell.

Matt
01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Do they just not have a gay community in that city?

If you were gay, would you want to live in the same city as those douchebags? And, if you still did, would you want to make your presence there very well known?

Karried
01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
How horrible.... I can't believe this 'church' would add more pain and anguish to the family of Heath Ledger.

Yes, living a life of depression is a dark, horrible place to be. ( I got to experience a bit of post -partum depression after my second son and it's a really horrible thing and a sad existence).

I've known a few people recently that committed suicide caused by depression and just feeling like life isn't worth living.

Not sure if that was the case here for Heath, ( I think he might have overdone the sleeping pills unintentional, but no one knows for sure) but for anyone going through depression, please get some help now before it's too late.

Suicide is a horrible legacy to leave for your friends and family.

Suicidal.com - When No One Knows Your Pain - A Place of Hope & Compassion for the Depressed & Suicidal (http://suicidal.com/)

National Suicide Hotlines USA
United States of America

Toll-Free / 24 hours a day / 7 days a week

1-800-784-2433

jbrown84
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Westboro Baptist is a disgrace to Christianity. They are also not really Baptist, I might add.

Westboro and Fred Phelps are Satan's messengers of hate.

Jon27
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I may be stupid, but is that the same church that did this to the soldier's?

FritterGirl
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I may be stupid, but is that the same church that did this to the soldier's?

Yes. I think it's absolutely sick what they are doing and how they represent the name of "Christianity." I recognize that not all Christians believe or behave this way, but they are certainly a few giving a very bad name to the whole.

Sadly, I know people who have made valid business decisions based on similar beliefs about homosexuals. They just choose not to express it outwardly.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Westboro Baptist is a disgrace to Christianity. They are also not really Baptist, I might add.

Westboro and Fred Phelps are Satan's messengers of hate.

Don't worry, even non-believers don't think that they represent anything other than devine asshattery.

metro
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Hopefully Brittany Spears won't be the next victim of death from depression. I understand Heaths' may be accidental though, too early to tell at this point.

Midtowner
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Hopefully Brittany Spears won't be the next victim of death from depression. I understand Heaths' may be accidental though, too early to tell at this point.

I just don't know how I'd go on if that happened.

kmf563
01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Can we please not turn this thread into anything that has anything to do with her? please.
What does the $20 bill have to do with anything that they found in Heath's apartment? If they found money and it didn't have any drug residue on it - then who cares? So he had $20...not really breaking news.

jbrown84
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Now they're reporting that his friends didn't think he was depressed.

What happened to the guy that said "we saw it coming"?

kmf563
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
OH yeah! Did anybody catch the thing about Jack Nicholson saying that he had warned him about the Joker's character getting into his head?? I missed that but saw a commercial for it.

Karried
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Like we didn't already guess this but apparently, it was Death by Accidental Overdose of Prescription Drugs ..

Apparently he had Oxicoton (sp) and Unisom plus anti-anxiety meds in his system.. whatever it was, turned out to be a lethal combination.

Sounds like even with all of his success, he wasn't a happy guy. Poor thing. Money can't buy happiness apparently.

jbrown84
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
So unfortunate.

Karried
02-06-2008, 09:22 AM
You know it really is.. I loved him in the Patriot.. cried like a baby through that movie... he was just an amazing actor with a bright future.. it's just a sad thing.. so much promise and now the family and his baby daughter is left to suffer.