View Full Version : Panda Express

linze
01-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I heard that the new Panda Express was now open in Moore. Has anybody been there? Please tell me that this store is a whole lot better than the location off NW Expressway in OKC.

Linze!

ad47aw
01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
It's o.k. I got the 2 item package w.o. drink, and it was over 8 bucks.
For fast food, I think that's a little pricey. Food was nothing special.

Intrepid
01-19-2008, 04:39 AM
It's o.k. I got the 2 item package w.o. drink, and it was over 8 bucks.
For fast food, I think that's a little pricey. Food was nothing special.

$8?!?!?

Wow, Peking buffet on 12th street in Moore, is about the same price w/drink.

Easy180
01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah I have eaten at the Panda on the NW Exp and wasn't impressed at all so I won't be rushing to eat at the new one

Think I will stick with Kit's on 12th and Eastern...Their gravy chicken is hard to beat

Intrepid
01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah I have eaten at the Panda on the NW Exp and wasn't impressed at all so I won't be rushing to eat at the new one

Think I will stick with Kit's on 12th and Eastern...Their gravy chicken is hard to beat

I used to frequent Kit's all the time, until Peking came to Moore.

DVDFreaker
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
That is too pricey!

linze
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow! That is pricey! What a shame....I was really hoping to try that place. Thanks for the heads up.

Linze!

Jesseda
01-21-2008, 07:25 AM
AS much as I love panda express, when i lived in cali, the one in moore is gross. i got sick off the food, i thought it was just me, and my neighbor came down with the same illness after eating at that panda express, stomach cramps for 2 days

teacher girl
01-21-2008, 07:27 AM
i don't care for it. we had one by our house in ft worth and it wasn't that great for the price!! I drove by the one in moore this weekend and said, "NO way"

SOONER8693
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I've eaten at the one in Moore 4 times since it opened. The 2 item plus side is 5.60 without drink. I think the food is very good and the portions are large.

Bratta
02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Kit's has nothing to worry about with Panda Express coming to town. It's a bit pricey, the food is just so-so, but it is nice for a quick fix. The drive through is a nice touch.

pearlbluevtx
03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I just tried Panda Express today. It is a bit on the "pricey" side for fast food but I thought the food had some of the best flavor. I went with 2 others and one didn't like it at all - he said his food was cold. My other buddy and I both thought the food had really good flavor and taste and would go back. Portions are fair, not huge and the chicken eggroll was really, really good.

Anyway, a lot of negative reviews on this but I thought it was good and would go back. Will wait and see if I get sick or something but so far so good.

MadMonk
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
We've eaten there a few times now and like it. No, it's not the best you'll find, but for a quick Chinese food fix, it's consistently decent.

metro
03-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Panda Express pricey? I think not. It's about on par with other Chinese places, and the portions (very large) and quality (especially the meat and veggies) are far superior to almost all other fast food chinese places around. As someone said, it's about $5-6 depending on if you get a one item or two item combo. Even better than that, each time you go there, on the back of your receipt is a 800 number you can call to do a survey. If you do it within 48 hours of your visit, you get a free entree next time your in there. Sounds like a pretty good value to me. I highly recommend their orange chicken!

pearlbluevtx
03-04-2008, 08:47 AM
metro-

when I say pricey, I spent $8.48 with a water. But, I didn't see the $1 extra for the shrimp dish - and I have to say, it was worth it. Again, sometimes you get impressions for how much things would cost because of what the building or structure you might be in - ie, fast food building = low price - but that isn't really a good description of Panda Express. It's kind of a hybrid - not a normal buffet Chinese restaurant which would end up costing you around $5-$7 but it doesn't - in my mind - really feel like a sit-down restaurant either.

Point is, you feel like you should be running through there at $5 flat like you would at McD's or something but I think their food taste/quality is really good - at least what I got yesterday .. except we felt like the store was "cool" (felt colder inside) and the food could have been warmer/hotter.

We'll go back though.... I'm doing my survey!!!

FRISKY
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I have been to that location dozens of times and it was always good.

MadMonk
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I had no idea about the receipt survey, I'll have to check that out!

mcbee04
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
The one on 29th in Midwest City is now open and I went through the drive-up to grab a quick dinner for two. I think it was like $12.50 altogether. I didn't get drinks, but I got 2 of the meal deals with choice of 2 entrees and a side. We shared everything and I enjoyed it all.

Intrepid
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I though it was just "ok".

For the same $8, I can get a drink and a lot more variety at Peking Buffet here in Moore.

I'm not saying I won't go back to P.E., I just won't be knocking the door down to get in.

venture
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Panda Express and other establishments are typically in two difference niches. Panda Express I think the McD's version of chinese food. If I want to go sit down and whatever, i'll do a buffet or whatever.

Always had to get their Orange Chicken when flying to O'Hare...now I just need to find an excuse to go to Moore for fast good.

Jesseda
06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
okay I though maybe the reason why panda express tasted a little bad was because it was brand new and they had some kinks to work out, well I decided to give them another try this past weekend, there food was still just blah not good not bad, and after i ate the food again I felt kinda stomach sick and tired and moody and kinda just blah myself. I think that this will be the last time i eat there, i dont understand they use to be so good in california..:dizzy:

kevinpate
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
mild msg reaction perhaps?

Jesseda
06-17-2008, 08:39 AM
maybe, I eat chiness at other places and dont seem to have the same reaction, I just think panda express adds way to much of something i guess it might be the msg

jon
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I've never been a Panda Express fan, but I gave the one in Moore a shot. It was typical Panda Express. My biggest gripe is that the food is soggy because it's been sitting in tubs for hours. Gick!