View Full Version : Boldt Construction building new HQ in OKC

Patrick
07-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Now see, this is something I would've liked to have seen on the Oklahoma River, instead of where they're building it. Boldt would've been a great company to locate a corporate HQ on the Oklahoma River.......afterall, they built several of the MAPS projects.

"Boldt to build headquarters

Real Estate Notes

The Boldt Co. has paid $1.2 million for 17 acres on the northwest corner of Broadway Extension and Hefner Road to build a corporate office building for its Southern Division, which has been based in Oklahoma City since 2002, said Jerry Ennis, division president.
Ennis said Boldt would construct its 40,000-square-foot, $3 million building on 6 acres and develop the rest into a master-planned office setting. Oklahoma City's Studio Architects will provide architectural services. Boldt will move from 20,000 square feet of space it now occupies at 401 E Memorial Road.

The Appleton, Wis.-based company has been in Oklahoma City since 1984. It was known as Oscar J. Boldt Construction from 1930 until 2000, when Boldt Co. was formed as a parent for Oscar J. Boldt Construction, Boldt Consulting Services and Boldt Technical Services. "

floater
07-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Yeah, when I saw the headline, I was hoping for a downtown location, but the river would have been nice, too.

Nuclear_2525
07-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Are they moving their headquarters from Appleton or are they just building a regional headquarters in OKC?

floater
07-25-2004, 08:41 AM
It's for its Southern Division; they're basically going from renting space to constructing their own space.

BG918
07-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Too bad they're not just moving into space downtown. I would guess that if they built one structure at 40,000 sq. ft. it would be about 4-5 stories. Maybe less since they have 6 acres to work with. I can't picture this area, what is around it?

mranderson
07-26-2004, 11:44 AM
I would like to see Boldt "bolt" out of their current headquarters and move to Oklahoma City.

By the way. I wonder how they divide the country. Oklahoma is not in the south. We are in the lower midwest. :confused:

HOT ROD
07-26-2004, 07:48 PM
OKC is a major regional centre in the South Central United States because OK is in the South Central US, not the Midwest.

OKC was chosen to be the Southern hq for Bolt because it was in the centre of a construction boom for southern states, it was already a regional power in the South Central US.

The Midwest ends at Kansas, as its culture and geographic location is more midwestern than it is Southern. While OK is not part of the deep South, it is a Southern State with much in common with TX, NM, CO, and AZ. It has almost nothing in common with its northern neighbour, KS or MO - which are clearly Midwestern.

Besides, I think OK has more of a Southern mentality but we are more progressive than the traditional deep Southern states. BTW, most of the rest of the country thinks of OK as the south or South Central with TX so be proud of that (instead of OK being linked with Iowa or Nebraska).

Patrick
07-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey BG918.....the land is just west of Broadway Extension and north of Hefner Road.....currently there's an open field there. You have Maaco to the north, Bridgeway Church to the south, and a burial/vault company to the west. That's about all that I can describe in the way of landmarks.

Personally, I don't think it's a very attractive place for a divisional headquarters, but oh well! Seems like with all the work Boldt has done downtown (ballpark and canal) they would've picked a downtown site! Oh well! Pick Flintco for your construction needs in the future!!!!