View Full Version : Pancake Syrup

lpecan
01-18-2008, 07:39 AM
So my fiancee is in town for the weekend. More than she likes me, she likes pancakes with pure (or real or whatever the stuff that isn't Aunt Jemima is) maple syrup. In any case, I don't eat out for breakfast that often, so I don't know anywhere that does pancakes with such syrup. Anyone have any ideas? B&Bs often have it, (so does cracker barrel) but I'd like a place more local.

Thanks!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Make it yourself. THAT will impress her.

MadMonk
01-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Or for a personal touch, buy some and bring it with you. :)

Martin
01-18-2008, 08:24 AM
ha ha... b.y.o.s.

i can't think of any 'upscale' breakfast places off hand. maybe the restaurant of a fine hotel? the cafe in the downtown art museum has an awesome brunch on sundays... not sure about their maple syrup, though.

-M

metro
01-18-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah, if anywhere I bet the art museum, soleil at the colcord, or park ave. grill in the skirvin might have it. But better yet, you can buy pure maple syrup in about any grocery store (even Wal-Mart has a few choices). Buy some and make her breakfast in bed.

ksearls
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Ha ha Oh Gawd!

He better start growing the trees now! Don't know if there are sugar maples around here to tap.

Matt
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Or for a personal touch, buy some and bring it with you. :)

Most of the more reputable cafes and diners around town don't allow any outside syrups, jams or condiments in the restaurant. And if they catch you in there with that again...they will confiscate it.

dalelakin
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Oh bull most restaurants would be happy if you were to bring your own condiments considering you are paying for the entree. Not only that a lot of people with special dietary needs bring there own quite often.

oneforone
01-18-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah, if anywhere I bet the art museum, soleil at the colcord, or park ave. grill in the skirvin might have it. But better yet, you can buy pure maple syrup in about any grocery store (even Wal-Mart has a few choices). Buy some and make her breakfast in bed.

I would follow metro's idea. If you cannot cook, sneak out and grab some IHOP to go and return before she wakes up. Buy the maple syrup at the grocery store.

lpecan
01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. The food court is usually not so popular. Thanks! Anyway I did come off a little unoriginal. I've made more than my fair share of pancakes during my time here during such visits. Sometimes its nice to go out, and I was just curious. Should I ever find a place, I'll post!

And I definitely thought OGTS was saying to grow my own syrup the first time I read is his post.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-19-2008, 07:30 AM
lol...Nope...But I've seen a few recipes around to make your own syrup.

Karried
01-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Most of the more reputable cafes and diners around town don't allow any outside syrups, jams or condiments in the restaurant. And if they catch you in there with that again...they will confiscate it.

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've seen people bring dressings for their salads.

I can't imagine a waiter risking his tip to confiscate syrup. I'd be really upset if someone tried to take my food away.... they'd have to pry it out of my hands...ha,ha.. I can see it now.

Obviously, a little discretion would be advised.. bringing the Sam's Club Gallon size of Aunt Jemima might be a little too obvious, lol.

oneforone
01-20-2008, 01:36 AM

I have buddy that brings Tabasco Sauce with him everywhere he goes. I have yet to see anyone complain. It is your food, why should they care. As long you pay the check that is all that matters.

I could see an establishment speaking up about booze but not about condiments.

Matt
01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
It's just a line from an old Seinfeld episode, folks.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
So my fiancee is in town for the weekend. More than she likes me, she likes pancakes with pure (or real or whatever the stuff that isn't Aunt Jemima is) maple syrup. In any case, I don't eat out for breakfast that often, so I don't know anywhere that does pancakes with such syrup. Anyone have any ideas? B&Bs often have it, (so does cracker barrel) but I'd like a place more local.

Thanks!

Any update?

metro
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. The food court is usually not so popular. Thanks! Anyway I did come off a little unoriginal. I've made more than my fair share of pancakes during my time here during such visits. Sometimes its nice to go out, and I was just curious. Should I ever find a place, I'll post!

And I definitely thought OGTS was saying to grow my own syrup the first time I read is his post.

Actually the Food Court is quite popular when new posts are made. Everybody has to eat right? Most people just post everything in metro area talk section even though there may be a better related place for it.