View Full Version : So much for winter...

venture
01-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Look out the back window today and there are 5 or 6 robins just hopping around. Usually don't see them back for another month or so. So much for snow this year. :-P

Ah well, bring on the spring storm chasing season. ;)

kmf563
01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Have you looked back outside recently?? I'm sure the birds were just gathering worms to feed before the cold returns.

It is supposed to be freezing for the next month straight and snowy, icy, yucky.

booooooooooo.

bandnerd
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I've been seeing robins all winter. It seems they never leave my apartment complex. I think they room with the squirrels.

venture
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
LOL...usually I don't see any here during the winter.

Freezing the next month straight? Nahhh...models aren't pointing to that. Though I would love to get some more snow - just no more ice. Snow doesn't cause too many problems...if people aren't stupid and know how to drive in it. Though I did grow up in the Great Lakes, so I laugh at how some people down here drive in it.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Snow? The Toronto based reggae guy who brought us the hit single "The Informer" in the early-mid '90's?

kmf563
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
lol. fyi - freezing to me is anything below about 65 degrees. i prefer the temp to be above 72. so yeah, freezing for the next month. :wink:

The great lakes region weather never bothered me. It's not as windy, wet, or pointlessly cold as it is here. There is snow - that's a reason to be cold.